Mahomes or Jackson

rocky_rams

1 hour ago, Chiefer said:

And the Pats got away with a block in the back from Edelman. Terrible officiating on both sides.

Meh. That’s a “normal” bad call that happens in any football game. I still think the Chiefs probably win that game as they were the better team that day, but the refs robbed the Patriots of a score, a challenge/TO, and another score. I don’t like the Pats, but that was easily unevenly officiating in favor of the Chiefs.

Give me Lamar. 

Mahomes is the best passer in the league but Lamar isn't far behind. I've seen Lamar make every throw this year. Lamar can do something that Pat can't do. So, give me the guy who is a top 5 passer but also the best runner in the league.

Edited by jg77

Look I know this comes off as a snub to Lamar, but Mahomes relies on his arm to make plays; Running is only performed when the opportunity presents itself. We can argue until we're blue in the face, but Mahomes is a better QB in terms of what makes a QB a QB -- using your arm and knowledge of the field.

It will be interesting to see how things progress for Lamar, but I vote Mahomes here.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, jg77 said:

Give me Lamar. 

Mahomes is the best passer in the league but Lamar isn't far behind. I've seen Lamar make every throw this year. Lamar can do something that Pat can't do. So, give me the guy who is a top 5 passer but also the best runner in the league.

Top 5 passer in the league......

• Like 1

14 hours ago, diamondbull424 said:

Meh. That’s a “normal” bad call that happens in any football game. I still think the Chiefs probably win that game as they were the better team that day, but the refs robbed the Patriots of a score, a challenge/TO, and another score. I don’t like the Pats, but that was easily unevenly officiating in favor of the Chiefs.

Lol so a normal bad call doesn’t trump another bad call?

6 hours ago, Chiefer said:

Lol so a normal bad call doesn’t trump another bad call?

No. A “normal bad call” doesn’t trump... 

1) Allowing the terrible play standing on that challenge that caused the Pats to lose the TO where the receiver wasn’t close to the line to gain and it was clear to see on all the camera angles.

2) IIRC there was a fumble that was blown dead that was a TD return if not blown dead.

3) Taking the TD away from the Patriots that was a clear TD while all TDs are reviewed anyway to overturn... they do this clearly knowing they robbed the Patriots of a challenge/TO.

Whats more a “normal bad call” is a call you expect to see in a game that every fan has to get over now and again. Any of the above three could be considered a “normal bad call” when taken just by itself. But when combined together it became seriously egregious.

If you could start an NFL franchise and you take anyone other than mahomes, you are a fool. 

People talk about Lamars season this year as if mahomes didn't have more yards and TDs than Lamar does (both rushing and receiving combined) last year. I'm sure he had better advanced stats too but I am too lazy to look it up 

I will take the guy who had 5k yards and 50 TDs in his first season as a starter and not think twice about it 

Edited by N4L
  • Like 1

9 hours ago, N4L said:

If you could start an NFL franchise and you take anyone other than mahomes, you are a fool. 

People talk about Lamars season this year as if mahomes didn't have more yards and TDs than Lamar does (both rushing and receiving combined) last year. I'm sure he had better advanced stats too but I am too lazy to look it up 

I will take the guy who had 5k yards and 50 TDs in his first season as a starter and not think twice about it 

I somewhat agree.. Mahomes had an epic season last year and as you pointed out he threw for more yards and more touchdowns.. However Lamar season is different than other quarterback that has played the game not only because of his rushing but his insane efficiency throwing the football.. Look at how many more passing attempts that Mahomes had last season compared to Lamar this season.. Also couple that with the insane amount of time that Lamar has spent warming his backside due to blowing teams out.. Listen nobody is taking away how great of a season Mahomes had,  Lamars has just been different than any quarterbacks.. 

Edited by Letsch80

3 hours ago, SmittyBacall said:

Statistically in 2019, sure. But do you actually think he's purely a top 5 passer aside from that? I don't.

@braylon was saying he is not a top 5 passer in the league, which is what @jg77 was saying.  

1 hour ago, Letsch80 said:

I somewhat agree.. Mahomes had an epic season last year and as you pointed out he threw for more yards and more touchdowns.. However Lamar season is different than other quarterback that has played the game not only because of his rushing but his insane efficiency throwing the football.. Look at how many more passing attempts that Mahomes had last season compared to Lamar this season.. Also couple that with the insane amount of time that Lamar has spent warming his backside due to blowing teams out.. Listen nobody is taking away how great of a season Mahomes had,  Lamars has just been different than any quarterbacks.. 

"different" because he broke the rushing record, but not because its the best season from any QB in history. If that is the claim you are making, you are wrong.