Mahomes or Jackson

rocky_rams

43 minutes ago, N4L said:

@braylon was saying he is not a top 5 passer in the league, which is what @jg77 was saying.  

"different" because he broke the rushing record, but not because its the best season from any QB in history. If that is the claim you are making, you are wrong. 

Did I ever say that it was the greatest season in. NFL history??  I was simply pointing out the differences between the two seasons.. Calm the hell down… Geesh… 

Lamar is the better QB right now. He's harder to stop from driving down the field and scoring.

I get why people are saying start a franchise with Mahomes and that he is the better long term play, etc. It makes sense given the playing styles. But, we'll have to wait and see what happens in future years. It's hard to project things in the sport for a large time window and both are seemingly very early in their careers.

• Like 1

I should probably stop beating the dead horse, but nearing playoffs I see comments on twitter and here and similar places, that when teams will face Lamar a second time they will be able to shut him down, and that teams will just have to shut down the run and stop the "easy" passes to wide open receivers.

This is an example of one of those throws that Lamar has made a lot of this year. He is not as good a passer as Mahomes or whoever people want to compare him with, but he can do it and has done all year and with very little interception ratio doing it.

Once Lamar has an off day or his oline breaks down like it did against the Chargers last year, the Ravens can/will lose, but it is not because some team just out of the blue figures out Ravens offense or Lamar can't do enough as a passer.

On 12/24/2019 at 3:26 PM, N4L said:

"different" because he broke the rushing record, but not because its the best season from any QB in history. If that is the claim you are making, you are wrong.

Yeah because the season isn’t over yet. Playoffs are included in a season. So I’ll wait until after the season is over before I can truly place the season. But if you are claiming that he’s not in the running for the best season from any QB in history, you are wrong.

• 2 weeks later...

Who cares what Mahomes did last year, this is a new year and he is not a top 5 qb this year.

Ill take Russ, Kirk, Lamar, Tannehill and Brees over him. Production over perception. 

2018, proving to be an anomaly.  In 2018 Mahomes had 2 games with 1 or less tds out of 16.  12% of his games.

2019, he has 5 of 12 such games. Which is 41%. That is a huge dip. Or the games with under 200 yds.

No KC fans im not saying Mahomes is garbage or bad. He is a very good qb. But so many people are holding on to his play last year. While i give KC fans a hard time, Mahomes last year was amazing. You could go almost every game and pick out like 2 or 3 WOW plays and make an insane highlight reel.

I didnt see that this year, at all. Even before his injury. He tried the no look and missed a wide open Kelce by 10 yds. His biggest highlight by media standard was that goofy weak jump pass they tried pimping. I cant think of any others, unless im forgetting any.

I think right now, Lamar is proving to be the better overall qb. That can change again next year and we can be talking about Watson, or Burrow, or Tua or Murray or one of these guys... but after the 2019 season, no doubt its lamar.

4 hours ago, Bearerofnews said:

Who cares what Mahomes did last year, this is a new year and he is not a top 5 qb this year.

Ill take Russ, Kirk, Lamar, Tannehill and Brees over him. Production over perception. 

2018, proving to be an anomaly.  In 2018 Mahomes had 2 games with 1 or less tds out of 16.  12% of his games.

2019, he has 5 of 12 such games. Which is 41%. That is a huge dip. Or the games with under 200 yds.

No KC fans im not saying Mahomes is garbage or bad. He is a very good qb. But so many people are holding on to his play last year. While i give KC fans a hard time, Mahomes last year was amazing. You could go almost every game and pick out like 2 or 3 WOW plays and make an insane highlight reel.

I didnt see that this year, at all. Even before his injury. He tried the no look and missed a wide open Kelce by 10 yds. His biggest highlight by media standard was that goofy weak jump pass they tried pimping. I cant think of any others, unless im forgetting any.

I think right now, Lamar is proving to be the better overall qb. That can change again next year and we can be talking about Watson, or Burrow, or Tua or Murray or one of these guys... but after the 2019 season, no doubt its lamar.

This is premature. Wait till Mahomes owns the playoffs. Lamar has yet to even win a playoff game.

Edited by Kirill

6 hours ago, Bearerofnews said:

Of course 2018 was an anomaly. 50 TDs has happened literally 2 other times in NFL History.

He still went 26 and 5 with > 4000 yards this year. That is an absolutely fine season considering injuries to himself and the team (even without, but whatever), etc. The notion that this discredits last season or proves he isn't a top 5 QB going forward is ridiculous to anyone who isn't a known Chiefs hater. Regardless, he doesn't need to be the number #1 QB to beat the Chargers (or even top 20, by that criteria). 

Lamar clearly had the better year this year. Mahomes clearly had the better year last year. Combine both seasons, I'm taking Mahomes, but I don't have an issue with people taking Lamar going forward.

• Like 4

On 12/24/2019 at 4:47 PM, wackywabbit said:

Lamar is the better QB right now. He's harder to stop from driving down the field and scoring.

I get why people are saying start a franchise with Mahomes and that he is the better long term play, etc. It makes sense given the playing styles. But, we'll have to wait and see what happens in future years. It's hard to project things in the sport for a large time window and both are seemingly very early in their careers.

7 hours ago, AntonChigurh said:

I think it's a bad idea to address jeers from people whose earnest opinions I don't respect, but yea, Mahommes with a good to dominant run in the postseason can take the title of best offensive player for this NFL season. We'll have to see it.

Anyway your Lamar hate is based on propping up Kyler Murray IIRC, so nothing's going to change there. I like Murray as player and think he's got a chance to be really good. I don't feel the need to criticize him to make Lamar look good, but he's not proven to be on Lamar's level yet. 

On 12/22/2019 at 11:30 AM, Danand said:

Everything about you screams "bandwagon fan". In general I have a high opinion on the Chiefs posters on this forum, but you are certainly not one of them. Most of your 42 post have been all about ****ting on another team and another player. Well done.

On 12/22/2019 at 12:06 PM, tyler735 said:

Yikes...

On 12/22/2019 at 4:05 PM, wackywabbit said:

Lamar, who is 19-3 as a starter, puts up garbage time stats in games he took the team out of. These are some special takes you have.

On 12/22/2019 at 6:38 PM, diamondbull424 said:

You’re right he did the same thing against the Browns. Sucked the entire 1st half and then then drops two garbage TDs on them right before the half to inflate his stats. He shouldn’t be the MVP, he’s a turd for sure.

... (Hmm that’s how that feels). 😂

He did it again.

On 12/24/2019 at 1:47 PM, wackywabbit said:

Solid, incorrect take...

32 minutes ago, Nex_Gen said:

Solid, incorrect take...

At that point in time it wasn't incorrect. Of course it's easy to look back at that take now and laugh, but before Christmas it was absolutely correct.

However, we do have to update this thread now that Mahomes dominated in the playoffs and Lamar didn't. I don't think it's a slight against Lamar to say Mahomes is better, because Lamar is solidly a top 5, if not top 3 QB in the NFL right now and he's gonna be the youngest MVP winner in a very long time. Mahomes is just a dude on another level, and that's okay.

53 minutes ago, AFlaccoSeagulls said:

At that point in time it wasn't incorrect. Of course it's easy to look back at that take now and laugh, but before Christmas it was absolutely correct.

However, we do have to update this thread now that Mahomes dominated in the playoffs and Lamar didn't. I don't think it's a slight against Lamar to say Mahomes is better, because Lamar is solidly a top 5, if not top 3 QB in the NFL right now and he's gonna be the youngest MVP winner in a very long time. Mahomes is just a dude on another level, and that's okay.

It wasn't correct then. It's not correct now. If you want to deem that Lamar had a better season because he didn't dislocate his knee cap and miss a few games, that's fine. If you want to say Lamar is the MVP of the 2019 season and put together the best season collectively this year, that's fine. But he is not a better QB than Mahomes. Nobody holds that title.

• Like 1