Mahomes or Jackson

rocky_rams

1 hour ago, SmittyBacall said:

That's not really relevant though. You could also say the Chiefs tend to run the ball on the goal line instead of letting Mahomes pass.

It's a point that could be relevant if people are just adding up yards/touchdowns. I'm just not willing to go that in depth on it and look up the exact amount of touchdowns vultered from inside the 10 yard line. Most of Ingram's 9 touchdown runs have been near the goalline. The Ravens have already run the ball 20 more times than the Chiefs did all of last season. The Chiefs had 14 rushing touchdowns that another Chief besides Mahomes scored last season. The Ravens already have 11 rushing touchdowns that another Raven besides Jackson scored.

I get that even if it was to be calculated, it's not the most valuable point when looking at their overall seasons, and I think the bigger tell is those yards per game/points per game I mentioned earlier. Diamondbull also had some good info breaking down the averages for each drive, which might be the most telling given how much time Lamar Jackson has missed due to early exits in a few games after blowing teams out.

5 minutes ago, tyler735 said:

It's a point that could be relevant if people are just adding up yards/touchdowns. I'm just not willing to go that in depth on it and look up the exact amount of touchdowns vultered from inside the 10 yard line. Most of Ingram's 9 touchdown runs have been near the goalline. The Ravens have already run the ball 20 more times than the Chiefs did all of last season. The Chiefs had 14 rushing touchdowns that another Chief besides Mahomes scored last season. The Ravens already have 11 rushing touchdowns that another Raven besides Jackson scored.

I get that even if it was to be calculated, it's not the most valuable point when looking at their overall seasons, and I think the bigger tell is those yards per game/points per game I mentioned earlier. Diamondbull also had some good info breaking down the averages for each drive, which might be the most telling given how much time Lamar Jackson has missed due to early exits in a few games after blowing teams out.

I see what you're saying. My point is that if you're going to single out that Lamar's team mates infringe on his TD production you would have to do the same for Mahomes. But like you said, it's a deep dive that isn't really worth digging for.

• Like 1

Mahomes has 9 tds and 2 ints last 6 games.  Yet everyone here is still making him the holy grail of qbs somehow. Those flashy throws got posters thirsty.

10 tds and 0 ints first 3 games.

Dont want to hear about the knee. He was running the best ive ever seen him run 2 weeks ago on MNF.

Edited by Bearerofnews

3 hours ago, Bearerofnews said:

Mahomes has 9 tds and 2 ints last 6 games.  Yet everyone here is still making him the holy grail of qbs somehow. Those flashy throws got posters thirsty.

10 tds and 0 ints first 3 games.

Dont want to hear about the knee. He was running the best ive ever seen him run 2 weeks ago on MNF.

He still don’t trust the knee though.

one hit and it’ll pop right back out. 

1 hour ago, Chiefer said:

He still don’t trust the knee though.

one hit and it’ll pop right back out. 

Don’t bring up that injury crap. I saw with my own eyes that Mahomes could run. So he gets toughness points for playing through it, but no blame when it “flares up” and makes him look average at best? Sound convenient to me. 

Mahomes’ kneecap has exposed him as the run-of-the-mill QB he is. Poor man’s Josh Allen.

1 hour ago, Yin-Yang said:

Don’t bring up that injury crap. I saw with my own eyes that Mahomes could run. So he gets toughness points for playing through it, but no blame when it “flares up” and makes him look average at best? Sound convenient to me. 

Mahomes’ kneecap has exposed him as the run-of-the-mill QB he is. Poor man’s Josh Allen.

And I also saw a guy scrambling scared of pressure Getting to him. Hence the running. He doesn’t like to run it’s actually uncharacteristic for him so far in his career

Hes been injured most of the year and it’s effecting him. He’s human🤷‍♂️

9 minutes ago, Chiefer said:

And I also saw a guy scrambling scared of pressure Getting to him. Hence the running. He doesn’t like to run it’s actually uncharacteristic for him so far in his career

Hes been injured most of the year and it’s effecting him. He’s human🤷‍♂️

You can not argue with my own eyes

Jackson>=Allen>>>>Mahomes by all metrics that I get to choose 

• Like 3

15 minutes ago, Bearerofnews said:

If you are sarcastically trying to imitate me, you are doing a horrible job.

The eyes part, maybe. The second bit is poking fun at the state of things around here. 

But overlooking his knee injury is still nonsensical. 

15 hours ago, Yin-Yang said:

The eyes part, maybe. The second bit is poking fun at the state of things around here. 

But overlooking his knee injury is still nonsensical. 

Honest question, did his knee look bad MNF when he lead his team in rushing for the entire 1st half? Yet still had maybe his worst game of his career or close to. 

Mahomes is too early in his career to suddenly become the gold standard around here like he has become. Especially when his play recently hasnt been great. 9 tds and 2 ints in 5.5 games in that system.

19 minutes ago, Bearerofnews said:

Honest question, did his knee look bad MNF when he lead his team in rushing for the entire 1st half? Yet still had maybe his worst game of his career or close to. 

Mahomes is too early in his career to suddenly become the gold standard around here like he has become. Especially when his play recently hasnt been great. 9 tds and 2 ints in 5.5 games in that system.

...that’s not how injuries work. Did Hunter Renfrow look like he was playing with a punctured lung? Did Logan Mankins look like he was playing on a torn ACL against the Giants? Hell, there were definitely individual plays where it looked like TO was healthy in his SB performance vs NE. 

Just because you can isolate instances where a player looks like they’re fine does not mean A) they are unbothered by injury, or B) the injury isn’t bothering them on other plays throughout the game or season. 

So to answer your question, no, I haven’t seen Mahomes limping on the field or anything like that. But he’s healing from an ankle injury and the report on his knee specifically said Mahomes could play through the ailment, regarding his knee - not that he’d be fine once he was back. We’ve seen with virtually every knee injury that guys take a little bit to get comfortable on it.

Edited by Yin-Yang

28 minutes ago, Yin-Yang said:

...that’s not how injuries work. Did Hunter Renfrow look like he was playing with a punctured lung? Did Logan Mankins look like he was playing on a torn ACL against the Giants? Hell, there were definitely individual plays where it looked like TO was healthy in his SB performance vs NE. 

Just because you can isolate instances where a player looks like they’re fine does not mean A) they are unbothered by injury, or B) the injury isn’t bothering them on other plays throughout the game or season. 

So to answer your question, no, I haven’t seen Mahomes limping on the field or anything like that. But he’s healing from an ankle injury and the report on his knee specifically said Mahomes could play through the ailment, regarding his knee - not that he’d be fine once he was back. We’ve seen with virtually every knee injury that guys take a little bit to get comfortable on it.

And by the same token, you dont know if Mahomes is 100%. Let's see what happens last 5 games. 

Edited by Bearerofnews

26 minutes ago, Bearerofnews said:

And by the same token, you dont know if Mahomes is 100%. Let's see what happens last 5 games. 

Mahomes’ kneecap was dislocated 6 weeks ago. He’s also been battling an ankle injury all season. Reports said he could play through the injury, which is what he’s doing. It’s not a guessing game to say he isn’t 100%. 

And it’s a little late to say “well nobody knows for sure” after this post:

On 11/29/2019 at 4:49 PM, Bearerofnews said:

The eye test doesn’t hold any water with lingering injuries.

• Like 1