2020 NFL draft thread

Gmen

1 minute ago, minutemancl said:

We are reportedly in contact with Markus Golden again, which I like. I don't know how he fares in a non-Bettcher defense, but we are gonna put up sack numbers with a committee and he'd be a valuable part of that if he comes back. 

Good...10 sacks last season would be nice to add a veteran.

10 minutes ago, minutemancl said:

We are reportedly in contact with Markus Golden again, which I like. I don't know how he fares in a non-Bettcher defense, but we are gonna put up sack numbers with a committee and he'd be a valuable part of that if he comes back. 

Source?

Whelp once again we threw a whole lot of picks at the defense. Hopefully Graham can take this young talent pool along with last years and field an improved squad. You can't say Gettleman has ignored the secondary for sure. We have CB's galore. Hopefully some of these LB's can emerge as potent pass rushers.

2 hours ago, Gmen19851 said:

I get that you're unhappy about addressing the pass rush, but with a team with this many holes, we can't fix all of them in one offseason.  What would you have done differently?

I would have traded back or up in the 2nd/3rd. I don’t know the offer, but I felt that was a key miss

This is he said when he was asked about Golden, it was  a standard answer. I still think it's possible 

It’s one of those deals where, as I’ve said before, sometimes people think that all of the sacks have got to come from one to two guys. It’s a group effort. As Joe said, we’re going to constantly evaluate. Roster building is a 12-month season. It’s 365 and it’s 24/7. At the end of the day, we feel good about where we’re at, but we’ll continue to try to improve it. We’re going to take a look at what we’ve got and you know part of it’s going to be scheme. I’ve got a lot of confidence in (Assistant Head Coach/Defensive Coordinator) Pat Graham and Joe and the defensive guys. We’re going to be fine. It’ll get better. No, we didn’t draft what you guys would call a blue-goose pass rusher, but a lot of the time it’s a group effort. It’s not about who gets the sacks, it’s about the number of sacks and the number of pressures.