2020 NFL draft thread

Gmen

With 5 games left, the Giants are in prime position to get a top five pick. We really control our own destiny with the Dolphins and Redskins on the schedule. We could be selecting as high as #2 (which is also a euphemism for this team). 

How would you fix this mess? If we do secure the number 2 overall pick and we have the choice between a stud pass rusher (Young), LT (Thomas), or WR (Jeudy), who do you take? 

I have no faith this organization can out tank the Phins and Skins. And honestly Shurmur is going to eek out just enough games to save his hide for 1 more season. I see wins over the Skins, Phins, and they'll have win one of the two Philly games screwing them out of the Chase Young contention without a trade up. So I'm thinking it'll be the #4 or #5

If its me, i dangle the #2 overall pick to a QB needy team to move up and select either Tua or Burrow. Id want a massive haul in return include their #1 this year, next year, #2 this year and minimum a 3 that could be contingent on a 2 next year. Max id drop drown in the first is 5 spots. Draft Derrick Brown out of Auburn #1,  #2 CJ Henderson (CB), #2 Josh Jones(OT). Ppl are gonna hang me for passing Chase Young and possibly losing out on Thomas and Jeudy. But i ask you.. 1 player? thats all your gonna come away with? The bigger picture is we need alot more than 1 player. 

31 minutes ago, Shockey1979 said:

I have no faith this organization can out tank the Phins and Skins. And honestly Shurmur is going to eek out just enough games to save his hide for 1 more season. I see wins over the Skins, Phins, and they'll have win one of the two Philly games screwing them out of the Chase Young contention without a trade up. So I'm thinking it'll be the #4 or #5

Yeah I agree. I was just saying a very similar thing to a friend of mine that the most Giants way to handle this will be:

- Win a couple meaningless games down the stretch (just enough to take them out of contention for the truly elite players in the draft and for ownership to be like oh look! Progress!)

- Keep everyone (that way Mara can have the "stability" he so desperately craves. Who cares if you're losing a shocking amount of games. At least the organization is "stable" right?) 

- Sign Leonard Williams to a groundbreaking extension while touting how "close" he is to actually making an impact. (Truly a masterstroke by Gettleman to give away a high 3 and a 2021 draft pick. Just can't teach that kind of intuition.) 

- Sign Eli Manning to an extension. Raise prices on everything. 

Ok now that I've got that out of my system, what I'd like to see happen would be: 

- Cinch that #2 pick. Gotta have the #2 pick. That pick is Chase Young without a doubt. Best defensive player I've seen in a long time. Additionally, with Tua getting hurt and Herbert tanking his stock, there probably won't be a demand for teams to trade up, so other top picks probably won't be as valuable. Consolation prize if the Giants aren't #2 would probably be OT Andrew Thomas because let's face it, our tackles suck and it's very hard to find great players for those EDGE/OT spots.

- Fire the coach and his staff. I know 2 years is a quick trigger, but not only is the team not building off 2018, it's actually getting worse, and a lot of young players are regressing at an alarming rate. I haven't seen any sign that Shurmur is the guy to lead them out of this mess. I'm highly skeptical of Gettleman as well but I would bet that the ownership doesn't have the stones to cut bait with him given their slavish devotion to "stability". As for who they should hire, no more retreads thanks (sorry Jason Garrett). Personally I'd prefer Eric Bienemy, Matt Eberflus, or even rolling the dice on a Lincoln Riley. Daniel Jones is a smart, tough kid. He can pick up a new offense. 

- If the Giants stick with a 3-4, resign Markus Golden. In this trainwreck of a season, Markus has been a hardworking, consistent professional. A Chase Young/Markus Golden rush might actually occasionally get home. Lorenzo Carter and X-Man can fight it out to be the 3rd rusher. 

- In the draft, go EDGE (Chase Young) and then OT with that high 2nd. It looks like a pretty decent year for offensive tackles so the Giants should be able to pluck a starter right there. Also they could add a quality 1st round graded player at a less premium position. I'd really like to see Wisconsin center Tyler Biadasz or Oklahoma MLB Kenneth Murray there if they don't get a tackle. That pick needs to be an instant starter  

- No doubt they need to supplement in free agency as well, but free agency is always such a crapshoot. I'd love to see Yannick Ngakoue or some other splashy addition but being huge players in free agency has been an iffy proposition in the past.  

• Like 3

I am not into college football so have no idea who is on what level. If Chase Young is as great as everyone is saying he is then I have no problems with us taking him. If Chase is already taken before we can pick him, to answer the question of how we would fix this mess,  how could we not take a quality LT if there is one there for us?  From there  we fix the o-line with the rest of the draft or through free agency.

After winning the Superbowl the downfall of this team  was not having a quality offensive line. We still don't have one and we still suck. We have enough talent at running back, at wide out, at tight end and I believe in our QB. If we fix the offensive line, we will finally have a complete unit  on  one side of the ball and  will finally have something that this team is good at. Make minor changes to the defense so it bends but does not break then we can finally challenge for a playoff spot. 

4 hours ago, Acgott said:

I have no idea the other players but star pass rusher >>> star OL

Moses is Bama’s ILB who tore his ACL at beginning of season.  Prior to that, he would be a top 15 pick.

Humphrey is an OC from OU with a wrastling background. Probably the best C in the draft. Great leverage due to his background. 

One path solidifies defense; the other solidifies OL.  Not sure which I like more.  Stud LT are hard to find. Is Aaron Donald or Khalil Mack worth more than Tyron Smith or Joe Staley? I don’t honestly know.