Gmen

2020 NFL draft thread

1 hour ago, Counselor said:

He’s not a 2020 prospect but how has Julian Love been? See he is getting some more playing time lately.

Probably our best safety. Not that that is a high bar but I am optimistic based on what I’ve seen 

22 hours ago, Counselor said:

He’s not a 2020 prospect but how has Julian Love been? See he is getting some more playing time lately.

He was finally put onto the field when James Bettchers ego was put aside to realize Antoine Bethea is beyond washed up. Love overall has looked and played well

On 12/2/2019 at 6:11 PM, Counselor said:

Others have weighed in already, but he finally got playing time the past 2 weeks and he has been, no exaggeration, our best defensive player over that time. Not that that is saying much, but it has been noticeable. Sure tackler, solid coverage, is exactly where he needs to be, gives tons of effort.

It only makes me question the coaching staff even more. We know you can't develop players, like Deandre Baker. But even when you somehow luck into developing a player, you don't even know what you've done, and sit them until injuries force them into playing? This team is a clusterf.

12 minutes ago, minutemancl said:

Others have weighed in already, but he finally got playing time the past 2 weeks and he has been, no exaggeration, our best defensive player over that time. Not that that is saying much, but it has been noticeable. Sure tackler, solid coverage, is exactly where he needs to be, gives tons of effort.

It only makes me question the coaching staff even more. We know you can't develop players, like Deandre Baker. But even when you somehow luck into developing a player, you don't even know what you've done, and sit them until injuries force them into playing? This team is a clusterf.

Good to hear. Drafted him, Chauncey Gardner-Johnson, and Sean Murphy-Bunting on my dynasty team. All three are now producing as rookie DBs. Justin Layne is now the one I’m waiting on who I also drafted.

At #2, assuming we stand pat, im all for Chase Young. The team needs a building block on the defensive side of the ball. I really wonder who is gonna be this teams head coach next season. After reading into an article with Steve Tisch and John Mara telling the fans to be patient, i think Shurmur is as good as gone. This team has regressed under his time here. I really think all eyes are gonna point to Ron Rivera being the next head coach here. If he is, Rivera, being a defensive minded coach, will drool over having a guy like Young on the defensive front. 

Edited by Giants4eva

If we bring in Rivera, do we transition back to a 4-3 or stay at 3-4?  I like the hybrid 3-4 look. 

Personally, I think Young, Moses, and Niang would be a great 3 rounds.  Depending on his recovery, I could see Moses going in mid first, though.  

I don’t think Thomas is worth the #2. He’s not a Tyron Smith or Joe Thomas.  I would take him at 5 or so though. 

What makes Gettleman even more frustrating is we spent a 2018 third on Hill, a 2019 first on Lawrence, and a 2020 3rd for Williams. That’s a lot of premium draft capital on DTs considering the state of the roster.  Personally, I would have drafted up from 17 to 15 to get Burns but being an arm chair GM is easy 

41 minutes ago, Kodaraw said:

If we bring in Rivera, do we transition back to a 4-3 or stay at 3-4?  I like the hybrid 3-4 look. 

Personally, I think Young, Moses, and Niang would be a great 3 rounds.  Depending on his recovery, I could see Moses going in mid first, though.  

I don’t think Thomas is worth the #2. He’s not a Tyron Smith or Joe Thomas.  I would take him at 5 or so though. 

What makes Gettleman even more frustrating is we spent a 2018 third on Hill, a 2019 first on Lawrence, and a 2020 3rd for Williams. That’s a lot of premium draft capital on DTs considering the state of the roster.  Personally, I would have drafted up from 17 to 15 to get Burns but being an arm chair GM is easy 

I think we are going back to a 4-3. I wouldnt mind seeing us bring over Shaq Thompson and Jadeveon Clowney in free agency and then draft Young. To me thats a grand slam for an offseason. In a 4-3 setup that would be insane on paper. And i think Rivera could bring a defensive coordinator who would know how to use them the right way. 

Just did a mock before i dig into my actual work. I don't agree with a lot of the positional rankings but used the OTC mock draft thing. It factors in estimated comp picks. 

1.2 - Chase Young, Edge

2.34 - Grant Delpit, Safety

3.34 - Lucas Niang, RT

4.108 - Jacob Phillips, ILB

5.146 - Tyler Johnson, WR

6.180 - Collin Johnson, WR

7.215 - Justin Strnad, LB

7.242 - Nick Harris, OC

7.247 - Ashtyn Davis, S

7.253 - Mekhi Becton, OT

7.255 - Kendall Coleman, Edge

I couldn't pass on Delpit to take a LT in second.  Thankfully, Niang was there in the third.  I think Becton will be a great OT - mammoth of a man with a gigantic wingspan.  But, I am not sure if either can play LT.

29 minutes ago, Giants4eva said:

Welp so much for Shaq Thompson. He signed an extension with Carolina last night

I fear that’s gonna be the case for most quality players. We will be spending a fortune