2020 NFL draft thread

Gmen

3 hours ago, NYGiantsman10 said:

If the Giants stay at 4 or 5, what would you guys think about Jeff Okudah being the pick? By all accounts he is an extremely talented, hardworking corner. Some scouts are saying he's better than Marshon Lattimore and Denzel Ward. 

It wouldn't be an ideal fit based on the Giants needs, but if the guy is that good he's absolutely worth a top 5 pick. 

He’s been compared to Patrick Peterson and Jalen Ramsey. If he’s really 6’1 200 pounds and runs a 4.4, sign me up. Let Beal and Baker battle for the other starting spot. 

13 hours ago, Gmen said:

He’s been compared to Patrick Peterson and Jalen Ramsey. If he’s really 6’1 200 pounds and runs a 4.4, sign me up. Let Beal and Baker battle for the other starting spot. 

IMO the true ELITE talents of this draft are Burrow, Young, Wirfs, Thomas and then Okudah. Wouldnt be opposed to taking him at all. Elite talent is just as it says it is. Elite. 

• Like 2

Lets see where we are after Sunday. I think if we end up at #3 which is a very real scenario, im thinking trade down all the way. Try to stay within in the top 10 and allocate more picks while still maintaining getting an elite talent. A team like the Chargers is in desparate need of a QB. As well as the Dolphins.  The phones will be ringing on draft day in that war room thats for certain. If they are in love with a guy who they think is a top talent we have to be able to dangle a pick at either of those teams. 

46 minutes ago, Giants4eva said:

Lets see where we are after Sunday. I think if we end up at #3 which is a very real scenario, im thinking trade down all the way. Try to stay within in the top 10 and allocate more picks while still maintaining getting an elite talent. A team like the Chargers is in desparate need of a QB. As well as the Dolphins.  The phones will be ringing on draft day in that war room thats for certain. If they are in love with a guy who they think is a top talent we have to be able to dangle a pick at either of those teams. 

Teams 2,3,5 are  10+ point underdogs except the Giants who are at 5 point underdogs 

12 hours ago, NYGiantsman10 said:

It is just so typical of the Giants to lose the #2 pick in overtime against the Redskins and then revert to sucking against the Eagles 

The Eagles were going to beat us without question. Yesterday showed their teams depth and the ability of that coaching staff to adapt to when a team has men down. And it only exposed that we beat 2 awful teams in the Dolphins and Redskins. DJ did not look good at all yesterday. Im hoping year 2 he corrects his mistakes besides the fumbling. Mistakes being he's holding onto the ball too long and constantly looking for a perfect pass

Edited by Giants4eva

21 hours ago, NYGiantsman10 said:

It is just so typical of the Giants to lose the #2 pick in overtime against the Redskins and then revert to sucking against the Eagles 

Silver lining - picking at 4 gives us the opportunity to trade down. Dolphins, Chargers, and Panthers are 5, 6, and 7.  All QB hungry. 

7 minutes ago, Gmen19851 said:

Gettleman has never traded down in the first round ever.

Yes but I like my scenario better than the inevitable Derrick Brown/Jerry Jeudy at 4 pick. 

I’m thinking, probably naively, that behind the scenes Tisch has put DG and Mara’s testes in a vicegrip and said were trading down 

I'll put my money on us going towards Jeffery Okudah. DG has said something along the lines "you don't trade down with elite talent on the board" (at least once). Okudah is as elite as they come. It's hard to watch his tape and not be enamored with his ability to run a receivers route for them. Super heady player as well, barely ever getting done in by double moves or cuts. Really athletic as well, with an unnatural fluidity. Wish he tackled people instead of letting them run into him, but it looks like he was trying to preserve himself at times. 

Edited by YogiBiz

30 minutes ago, YogiBiz said:

I'll put my money on us going towards Jeffery Okudah. DG has said something along the lines "you don't trade down with elite talent on the board" (at least once). Okudah is as elite as they come. It's hard to watch his tape and not be enamored with his ability to run a receivers route for them. Super heady player as well, barely ever getting done in by double moves or cuts. Really athletic as well, with an unnatural fluidity. Wish he tackled people instead of letting them run into him, but it looks like he was trying to preserve himself at times. 

It’s hard to take a CB when we drafted 4 last year (counting Beal with supplemental pick) and considering our OL is abysmal and has been for years. I mean, I suppose we may get 1-2 coverage sacks but we are just gonna David Carr Danny Dimes with that OL. 

11 minutes ago, Kodaraw said:

It’s hard to take a CB when we drafted 4 last year (counting Beal with supplemental pick) and considering our OL is abysmal and has been for years. I mean, I suppose we may get 1-2 coverage sacks but we are just gonna David Carr Danny Dimes with that OL. 

This team is abysmal at developing O-Line talent and have been for a while now. I'd rather they pay for someone else's starting OC and RT. cough give Conklin a big bag of money cough 

I am convinced that any rookie OT we draft is going to regress and wait to move to another team to be average. 

Edited by YogiBiz