Jump to content
Gmen

2020 NFL draft thread

Recommended Posts

36 minutes ago, YogiBiz said:

This team is abysmal at developing O-Line talent and have been for a while now. I'd rather they pay for someone else's starting OC and RT. cough give Conklin a big bag of money cough 

I am convinced that any rookie OT we draft is going to regress and wait to move to another team to be average. 

Fire Hal Hunter. Bring in Bill Callahan as OL coach and we will see improvement. I would also bring in Rodney Hudson at OC.  Solder has indicated willingness to play RT. Not sure how much that would help. Nick Gates is a LT and has played well at G and RT when he’s had the chance. Might be worth a look. Costanza as well to play LT 

Edited by Kodaraw

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Kodaraw said:

Fire Hal Hunter. Bring in Bill Callahan as OL coach and we will see improvement. I would also bring in Rodney Hudson at OC.  Solder has indicated willingness to play RT. Not sure how much that would help. Nick Gates is a LT and has played well at G and RT when he’s had the chance. Might be worth a look. Costanza as well to play LT 

If you want my thoughts. I say pay Conklin the money to man RT, then draft Okudah in R1 if we cannot secure a trade down. Really thinking about it, if the Giants don't take Okudah he could fall out the top 10. Round 2 we could pick up Niang from TCU. The kid can play, let him battle Solder for that starting LT spot and let the loser play the swing tackle role until we cut Solder during next offseason. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, YogiBiz said:

If you want my thoughts. I say pay Conklin the money to man RT, then draft Okudah in R1 if we cannot secure a trade down. Really thinking about it, if the Giants don't take Okudah he could fall out the top 10. Round 2 we could pick up Niang from TCU. The kid can play, let him battle Solder for that starting LT spot and let the loser play the swing tackle role until we cut Solder during next offseason. 

I am big on Niang depending on his recovery from hip surgery. He would have been a steal in the third but hey we got a IDL with .5 sack in 7 games for our third!

I also like Nick Harris at OC. Good football IQ but not a mauler. I think sitting a year or two under Hudson (also good football IQ) and hitting the weights would be great for him.  OL and LB/edge should be a priority this offseason. 

Fun question - do we keep Love at S when Peppers comes back? I think yes and draft someone like McKinney or Nasilredeen to shore up the back end. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 minutes ago, Kodaraw said:

I am big on Niang depending on his recovery from hip surgery. He would have been a steal in the third but hey we got a IDL with .5 sack in 7 games for our third!

I also like Nick Harris at OC. Good football IQ but not a mauler. I think sitting a year or two under Hudson (also good football IQ) and hitting the weights would be great for him.  OL and LB/edge should be a priority this offseason. 

Fun question - do we keep Love at S when Peppers comes back? I think yes and draft someone like McKinney or Nasilredeen to shore up the back end. 

Hudson isn't a FA? The Raiders would also be stupid to trade him for anything less than a first. He's the best center in football. 

I believe they're gonna try Peppers and Love together before spending draft capital on another safety. Also, Leonard has never been a huge sack artist. Coming out of school I never thought he'd even average 7 Sacks a game. He's a really good run stuffer, and generates pressure in the pass rush. His biggest weakness coming out was getting sacks. He did improve our run defense, also I think he's miscast as a 3-4 EDGE. Much more suited for a 4-3 (god I hope Rhule comes here and changes us back to a 4-3) like most of our other players. 

EDIT: I think Williams was a bad trade cause Giants didn't need him. But they have him, and he shouldn't cost more than 11M to keep. If he wants more, he's likely gonna be out. 

 

Edited by YogiBiz

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, YogiBiz said:

Hudson isn't a FA? The Raiders would also be stupid to trade him for anything less than a first. He's the best center in football. 

I believe they're gonna try Peppers and Love together before spending draft capital on another safety. Also, Leonard has never been a huge sack artist. Coming out of school I never thought he'd even average 7 Sacks a game. He's a really good run stuffer, and generates pressure in the pass rush. His biggest weakness coming out was getting sacks. He did improve our run defense, also I think he's miscast as a 3-4 EDGE. Much more suited for a 4-3 (god I hope Rhule comes here and changes us back to a 4-3) like most of our other players. 

EDIT: I think Williams was a bad trade cause Giants didn't need him. But they have him, and he shouldn't cost more than 11M to keep. If he wants more, he's likely gonna be out. 

 

I missed that he signed an extension in August. Well damn, he was my priority target.  With Hill, Tomlinson, and Lawrence, I don’t think LW warrants $11M a year. I think Tomlinson is a better run stuffer and is cheaper. 

I think 3-4/4-3 is overrated. We ran like a 5-2 sometimes, probably bc we had no LB (which would still be in issue at 4-3). Hybrid is the way to go now.  Need guys that are scheme flexible.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, NYGiantsman10 said:

https://nypost.com/2019/12/31/browns-fire-john-dorsey-odell-beckham-trade-ended-up-hurting-one-gm/

Not sure this is the right thread but the Browns just fired John Dorsey. Holy smokes 

I don’t think Dorsey has done much for Cleveland tbh. I don’t follow Cleveland that closely but I can’t say he’s done a great job drafting. Unsure about FA 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 12/31/2019 at 12:44 PM, Kodaraw said:

I missed that he signed an extension in August. Well damn, he was my priority target.  With Hill, Tomlinson, and Lawrence, I don’t think LW warrants $11M a year. I think Tomlinson is a better run stuffer and is cheaper. 

I think 3-4/4-3 is overrated. We ran like a 5-2 sometimes, probably bc we had no LB (which would still be in issue at 4-3). Hybrid is the way to go now.  Need guys that are scheme flexible.  

Without a doubt, Tomlinson will come cheaper, and is the better run defender. And hey, we have the injured Connelly at LB T.T

On 12/31/2019 at 4:59 PM, Kodaraw said:

I don’t think Dorsey has done much for Cleveland tbh. I don’t follow Cleveland that closely but I can’t say he’s done a great job drafting. Unsure about FA 

Uhh? Williams, Takitaki, Mack Wilson, K Austin Seibert are all keepers from 2019, and the ones in 2018 he drafted, Mayfield, Ward. Corbett, Nick Chubb, Callaway. That's a pretty good haul in the draft IMO. 

I would take everyone on that list minues Mayfield/Chubb/Seibert. Ward & Williams are going to be a very tandem for a long time. Chubb is an elite RB (take that for what you will), Corbett is a starter. Callaway had a regression year, but the offense as a whole stepped back. He is still has the potential of a good #3 WR at the very least. 

The Browns are ridiculous. He amassed a good portion of the talent on that roster. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

With regards to the draft, i think im of the mindset of this being the first trade down we will see. There is too much that has to be gotten for us to not to trade down. The way i see it, Burrow is without question going #1. No trade, no workings of any type to the Bengals. He is gonna be their guy regardless of how much capital any team will offer them. It would be a monumental mistake by Zac Taylor and company to let that kid get by them. #2 being the Redskins is without question Chase Young, especially with the fact Rivera and now their new DC Jack Del Rio are both defensive minded guys... Then comes where the Draft gets interesting... Detroit knows Miami or LA could want Tua (assuming he enters) or possibly Justin Herbert. Herbert i believe goes before Tua due to the injury he sustained.  I think Detroit is mired in a state of confusion with the #3 pick because they definitely needed Chase Young (who wouldn't?) but i don't see them taking Jeff Okudah just yet because a corner does not warrant #3 overall. I see a trade down here with the Chargers to #6 and them taking Herbert. I see us trading out at #4 to drop to #5 with Miami and them grabbing Tua. Miami then gives us #5 and also a #1 next yr along with a #2 this year. I think with the fact its 1 spot only we gain a small decent capital and take Isaiah Simmons and then two #2s' for this draft

 

Edited by Giants4eva

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
37 minutes ago, Giants4eva said:

With regards to the draft, i think im of the mindset of this being the first trade down we will see. There is too much that has to be gotten for us to not to trade down. The way i see it, Burrow is without question going #1. No trade, no workings of any type to the Bengals. He is gonna be their guy regardless of how much capital any team will offer them. It would be a monumental mistake by Zac Taylor and company to let that kid get by them. #2 being the Redskins is without question Chase Young, especially with the fact Rivera and now their new DC Jack Del Rio are both defensive minded guys... Then comes where the Draft gets interesting... Detroit knows Miami or LA could want Tua (assuming he enters) or possibly Justin Herbert. Herbert i believe goes before Tua due to the injury he sustained.  I think Detroit is mired in a state of confusion with the #3 pick because they definitely needed Chase Young (who wouldn't?) but i don't see them taking Jeff Okudah just yet because a corner does not warrant #3 overall. I see a trade down here with the Chargers to #6 and them taking Herbert. I see us trading out at #4 to drop to #5 with Miami and them grabbing Tua. Miami then gives us #5 and also a #1 next yr along with a #2 this year. I think with the fact its 1 spot only we gain a small decent capital and take Isaiah Simmons and then two #2s' for this draft

 

If that was the deal the Giants would take it and run but your comp is way off.  We'd probably get something like 5 and two thirds.  When Chicago traded from 3 to 2 to draft Trubisky, the 49ers got the third overall two 3rds and a 4th.  We can expect to see something more similar to that if a trade does indeed take place.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
39 minutes ago, Gmen19851 said:

If that was the deal the Giants would take it and run but your comp is way off.  We'd probably get something like 5 and two thirds.  When Chicago traded from 3 to 2 to draft Trubisky, the 49ers got the third overall two 3rds and a 4th.  We can expect to see something more similar to that if a trade does indeed take place.  

The dream scenario is if Gruden really hates Carr and has the compulsive need to up and grab Tua. 

Another team to think about is Jacksonville. They could really want another QB besides Minshew, which would mean another team is run worse than we are. 

Edited by YogiBiz

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, YogiBiz said:

The dream scenario is if Gruden really hates Carr and has the compulsive need to up and grab Tua. 

Another team to think about is Jacksonville. They could really want another QB besides Minshew, which would mean another team is run worse than we are. 

Ya i was debating Minshew and with the fact i don't see Nick Foles being their guy moving forward its a possibility. But i'm on the fence with them. I wonder if Carolina is another team. Newton is as good as gone there and im not so sure they are sold on Kyle Allen just yet. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
49 minutes ago, Gmen19851 said:

If that was the deal the Giants would take it and run but your comp is way off.  We'd probably get something like 5 and two thirds.  When Chicago traded from 3 to 2 to draft Trubisky, the 49ers got the third overall two 3rds and a 4th.  We can expect to see something more similar to that if a trade does indeed take place.  

One can dream right? LOL. But also whats to say we couldnt nab another of their #1's (theyve got 3). Take the 5 spot and give use another #1 in the rd? Why not? 

Edited by Giants4eva

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Giants4eva said:

Ya i was debating Minshew and with the fact i don't see Nick Foles being their guy moving forward its a possibility. But i'm on the fence with them. I wonder if Carolina is another team. Newton is as good as gone there and im not so sure they are sold on Kyle Allen just yet. 

Super sneaky team could be the Colts. Brissett is def not their guy past his two year extension. I could really see them falling in love with Tua and letting him sit/get all the way healthy next year while he eases into the starting spot. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now



×