2020 NFL draft thread

Gmen

11 hours ago, NYGiantsman10 said:

Idk man Okudah would be a pretty nice get for them. Slay and Okudah could man up against pretty much any set of receivers in the league (I'm just secretly hoping Detroit doesn't trade down and the Giants get a ransom xD)

Okudah in my mock im working on would end up with Detroit at #3 because i cannot predict trades. But i truly think that the Lions are going to be sellers at the #3 slot. If they do stand pat i feel its gonna be Okudah to them because Darius Slay is entering the final year of his contract extension. The other kid they got Amani Omaryiwue has been decent but Okudah is a lockdown CB in the mold of Patrick Peterson. Even though they could eye him, i just see a massive trade down with Miami so the Dolphins can get Tua. 

Edited by Giants4eva

I dont see Simmons going until 7-8 regardless of the Championship game turnout. Lions arent needing a LB. They will deff be needing a corner. Jarrad Davis, Devon Kennard alone are good if not great for them. I could see them taking either Okudah or Derrick Brown before Simmons. 

Cesar Ruiz (OC Junior) from Michigan just declared, so the top of my IOL is shuffling to fit him in near the top. We could really use a guy like him in the middle of our offense. Might be there in round 2, but if he blows up the combine (which he very well might, because he's one of the better athletes I have seen at the position) he could go top 20. Effortless mover in space and is also built like a fridge in the middle of your line. Super strong and really quick. He plays a little high, but that can be coached out by anyone not named Hal Hunter apparently. I really want this kid. 

3 minutes ago, YogiBiz said:

Cesar Ruiz (OC Junior) from Michigan just declared, so the top of my IOL is shuffling to fit him in near the top. We could really use a guy like him in the middle of our offense. Might be there in round 2, but if he blows up the combine (which he very well might, because he's one of the better athletes I have seen at the position) he could go top 20. Effortless mover in space and is also built like a fridge in the middle of your line. Super strong and really quick. He plays a little high, but that can be coached out by anyone not named Hal Hunter apparently. I really want this kid. 

The kid I really wanted was Creed Humphrey. He ended up going back to school though. Ruiz has legit low end 1st rd talent.

Just now, Giants4eva said:

The kid I really wanted was Creed Humphrey. He ended up going back to school though. Ruiz has legit low end 1st rd talent.

I honestly think Ruiz is better than Humphrey (who is legit as you can get as a OC prospect). He's just as good in space, and Ruiz is just bigger and stronger. If & when he learns to play with appropriate pad level 100% of the time, he'll be an All-Pro. Seeing how his only challenge for that #1 spot is Nick Harris I could see him going to San Francisco maybe even earlier. 

Cushenberry (OC LSU)  is another guy I really like. He is a good enough Pass Blocker to see high level potential in this area, and he just loves when the coach calls running plays. Hustles 100% of the time, and handles big burly nose tackles very well. I think Ruiz and Cushenberry are those big, nasty, Hog Mollie types Gettleman loves. I just don't think Harris is "mean" enough for Gettleman. 

The Big three tackles are Thomas, Wills, and Wirfs. Honestly we need to start talking about Mehki Becton in the same breath; he is a better pass protector than Thomas, and Wirfs, and he has actually played at Left Tackle in his career unlike Wills. Honestly his pass sets are a work of art. He's stronger than pretty much all of them, and he moves just as smoothly as Wirfs does, this guy is gonna be a top 10 Lock after he rips 30-40 reps on the bench, and kills the agility drills. Dude is what you want at Left Tackle coming out of college, refined enough in pass protection to make a positive impact from Day 1. 

25 minutes ago, YogiBiz said:

The Big three tackles are Thomas, Wills, and Wirfs. Honestly we need to start talking about Mehki Becton in the same breath; he is a better pass protector than Thomas, and Wirfs, and he has actually played at Left Tackle in his career unlike Wills. Honestly his pass sets are a work of art. He's stronger than pretty much all of them, and he moves just as smoothly as Wirfs does, this guy is gonna be a top 10 Lock after he rips 30-40 reps on the bench, and kills the agility drills. Dude is what you want at Left Tackle coming out of college, refined enough in pass protection to make a positive impact from Day 1. 

I like Beckton but have concerns about his weight/health. Wirfs is my #1 tackle RN 

4 hours ago, Kodaraw said:

I like Beckton but have concerns about his weight/health. Wirfs is my #1 tackle RN 

I don't, he literally moves like a Gazelle in space; I have never seen someone so big move so well.

Also nothing wrong with that. The top 4 Tackles in the class can literally be separated by a hair, I wouldn't be mad if any of Becton, Thomas, Wills, or Wirfs goes first, I can see any of them being the top tackle taken at this point. Also I have never seen Becton have trouble with his conditioning either, maybe he's just that big. His weight is distrubuted very well throughout his body. This is why I didn't have concerns with Orlando Brown's weight. He doesn't look fat, he's just a heavy dude. 

He doesn't look that much rounder than Andrew Thomas who he has fourty-fifty pounds on. He also has cleaner pass sets than anyone in the country, I have yet to find hiccups in his ability to get to his spot smoothly. He's on par with Wills in pass protection, he also doesn't have those same stamina issues I have seen in Wills. 

Edited by YogiBiz

1 hour ago, YogiBiz said:

I don't, he literally moves like a Gazelle in space; I have never seen someone so big move so well.

Also nothing wrong with that. The top 4 Tackles in the class can literally be separated by a hair, I wouldn't be mad if any of Becton, Thomas, Wills, or Wirfs goes first, I can see any of them being the top tackle taken at this point. Also I have never seen Becton have trouble with his conditioning either, maybe he's just that big. His weight is distrubuted very well throughout his body. This is why I didn't have concerns with Orlando Brown's weight. He doesn't look fat, he's just a heavy dude. 

He doesn't look that much rounder than Andrew Thomas who he has fourty-fifty pounds on. He also has cleaner pass sets than anyone in the country, I have yet to find hiccups in his ability to get to his spot smoothly. He's on par with Wills in pass protection, he also doesn't have those same stamina issues I have seen in Wills. 

I feel like the OT class has two distinct tiers right now. There's the big 3 (Thomas, Wirfs, Willis), and then the next group (Josh Jones, Austin Jackson, Prince Tega Wanogho, Mekhi Becton) that kind of is floating in that late 1st early second area right now. A couple of those guys could definitely make serious moves up the chart, but given the depth I feel pretty good that one of those guys will be there at the top of the 2nd round for the Giants. 

I don't see the same level of depth when it comes to defensive playmakers. If the Giants can bring back Golden and buy part of a solution to their pass rush problems in free agency (Yannick Ngakoue, Jadeveon Clowney, etc.) I'd like to see a small trade down (to say 6 or 7, or even 5 if they can get the Dolphins to cough up some picks) and Isaiah Simmons be the pick. That way the Giants would at least have a couple of "difference makers" on defense (and maybe Big Dex keeps developing and becomes one). 

• Like 1

On 1/2/2020 at 9:23 AM, Giants4eva said:

That is an offer we couldnt refuse. That is truly over the top awesome

Not A chance. No way we give that much up. If we wanted to move up, which is a big if, we don't give up more than our two firsts, and probably not even that. More like 12, and a second round pick in 2021.

On trade value your 4 is worth 1800 points our 12 is 1200 points our 19 is worth 900 points. 

I assume we are trading up for Tua. It is highly dubious, unless he works out and is already 100%. 

This is a pipe dream wrapped in a fantasy.

6 hours ago, ragingraider said:

Not A chance. No way we give that much up. If we wanted to move up, which is a big if, we don't give up more than our two firsts, and probably not even that. More like 12, and a second round pick in 2021.

On trade value your 4 is worth 1800 points our 12 is 1200 points our 19 is worth 900 points. 

I assume we are trading up for Tua. It is highly dubious, unless he works out and is already 100%. 

This is a pipe dream wrapped in a fantasy.

Teams overpay to get their guy. Saying it won’t happen because the trade value chart says it’s a bad deal is silly.  It’s even more silly to then propose a trade that has you underpaying for your guy