2020 NFL draft thread

Gmen

On 1/17/2020 at 9:59 AM, YogiBiz said:

The Big three tackles are Thomas, Wills, and Wirfs. Honestly we need to start talking about Mehki Becton in the same breath; he is a better pass protector than Thomas, and Wirfs, and he has actually played at Left Tackle in his career unlike Wills. Honestly his pass sets are a work of art. He's stronger than pretty much all of them, and he moves just as smoothly as Wirfs does, this guy is gonna be a top 10 Lock after he rips 30-40 reps on the bench, and kills the agility drills. Dude is what you want at Left Tackle coming out of college, refined enough in pass protection to make a positive impact from Day 1. 

Daniel Jeramiah had us taking Mehki Becton in his first mock draft today.  He was the first tackle off the board

• Like 1

On 1/18/2020 at 9:01 AM, ragingraider said:

Not A chance. No way we give that much up. If we wanted to move up, which is a big if, we don't give up more than our two firsts, and probably not even that. More like 12, and a second round pick in 2021.

On trade value your 4 is worth 1800 points our 12 is 1200 points our 19 is worth 900 points. 

I assume we are trading up for Tua. It is highly dubious, unless he works out and is already 100%. 

This is a pipe dream wrapped in a fantasy.

Yeah, you moving up at all is an "if". It is the NFL's worst kept secret that Gruden wants to move on from Carr, they're moving up just hope it's Tua and not Herbert. Also the Trade Draft Value chart is something Jimmy Johnson created to gauge the value of draft picks IN THE 90's. It is archaic, and it doesn't indicate any actual value to the people in war rooms today. When was the last draft day trade up that followed the TVC? Why do people even still use this? 

11 hours ago, Gmen said:

I’m curious about Becton, but I think Wirfs will rise to the top of the OT class after the combine. He’s a great athlete and is from Iowa which produces good NFL linemen 

Becton is going to likely amaze at the combine. If he comes in at 350ish, he will absolutely be the first tackle off the board. Even at his current size, he's going to test as well as Wirfs in agility drills. I think Wirfs will come in faster than Becton, but not that much quicker. Becton will definitely win in the strength drills, and he's just a better pass blocker than Wirfs. He also played LT in college, so that's a positive. I also think Wirfs would be better at Guard. Damn you Daniel Jeremiah putting the picture of Zack Martin 2.0 into my mind. 

Seeing so many mocks with us taking Jeudy. I really hope thats not the case. Please for the all that is good take one of these stud tackles or Simmons. A stud wideout is not going to help any when DJ is running for his life 1.2 secs after the snap. Skill position players are completely nullified if there is no pass protection or pass rush. Whether it's Thomas, Becton, or Wirfs

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Shockey1979 said:

Seeing so many mocks with us taking Jeudy. I really hope thats not the case. Please for the all that is good take one of these stud tackles or Simmons. A stud wideout is not going to help any when DJ is running for his life 1.2 secs after the snap. Skill position players are completely nullified if there is no pass protection or pass rush. Whether it's Thomas, Becton, or Wirfs

I just need us to not take Jeudy. It make zero sense. 

9 hours ago, GMENNATION said:

Please no trade back.. we will most likely have the opportunity to draft the top ranked OL, LB or 2nd ranked EDGE and might have an opportunity to draft the top ranked CB. Take the best of any of those and let's grab a slam dunk

OL is so deep this year and nobody has separated from the pack. Thomas, Wirfs, Jones, Becton, Willis, and more are all great prospects and should be ranked around the same. Taking one of them straight up at 4 would be a mistake imo. If you stay at 4, you're taking a defensive cornerstone. Simmons or Okudah. The value for OL this draft is late 1st-early 2nd. 

By all accounts I've read, both Justin Herbert and Jordan Love are having a good Senior Bowl week. Now we really need one of them to win Senior Bowl MVP in the game today. You figure Detroit will be the trading spot for Tua, but there could still be a market for a QB at four, especially with the Chargers and Panthers in need of a QB and the Colts, Bucs, and Raiders sniffing around. 

I said it before but I'm in the same camp as @minutemancl  and @Kip Smithers. There should be a decent OT prospect high in round 2 (gonna need a center too unfortunately). The Giants really need difference makers on defense. I'm not sure how to best use him, but Isaiah Simmons is a difference maker. 

I've been running through mock draft scenarios and trades in my head. Think I'm gonna try to make a fairly realistic one soon. 

6 minutes ago, NYGiantsman10 said:

I said it before but I'm in the same camp as @minutemancl  and @Kip Smithers. There should be a decent OT prospect high in round 2 (gonna need a center too unfortunately). The Giants really need difference makers on defense. I'm not sure how to best use him, but Isaiah Simmons is a difference maker. 

I've been running through mock draft scenarios and trades in my head. Think I'm gonna try to make a fairly realistic one soon. 

Lots of good center prospects as well. Everyone likes the LSU guy, but I like the Oregon guy as well. Duke Manyweather has gone to bat for him for a while now. 

23 hours ago, NYGiantsman10 said:

I think we can move down and grab simmons.  Every year Qb's move up.  Think its possible to see Tua, Herbert and Burroghs all go top 5.  Add young and either the CB or an OT and Simmons is a very real possibility at 6 or 7.