2020 NFL draft thread

Gmen

7 hours ago, ny92mike said:

I'd welcome a trade down just not too far down.  9 might be too far as knowing our luck our target would likely be gone and we'd be forced to settle.

If we get 9 & 20 out of it, I would be happy. I am sure one of Wirfs/Becton/Wills/Thomas drops to 9. If they aren't, one of Simmons, Okudah, or Brown would drop. That's a solid W. Imagine adding Wirfs/Becton/Thomas/Wills + a defensive playmaker like Queen, Chaisson, or McKinney. Or add another weapon in the likes of Justin Jefferson, Denzel Mims, or Laviska. Or we could secure the top OC in the Draft with taking Ruiz at 20. The more I think about it, the more I like it. Even if we just get 42 and some later picks. That could position us to make a deal with Minnesota or Seattle at the back end of the first to secure a falling prospect with a 5th year. Or if we get 9 & Yannick + late picks we could still pull out ahead of the rest of the draft. 

Edited by YogiBiz

8 hours ago, ny92mike said:

I'd welcome a trade down just not too far down.  9 might be too far as knowing our luck our target would likely be gone and we'd be forced to settle.

9 is right at the outer limit of where we should be trading down to. It is perfect, honestly. 

Burrow and Young are guaranteed to go in the first 2 picks. Assuming Miami and Jax both trade up, we can reasonably assume it is for QBs, so scratch Tua and Herbert off as well. Then Okudah will absolutely be gone as well. That's 5/8 picks ahead of us, and all big 4 OTs are still on the board. We'd be guaranteed one.

Worst case scenario, Burrow and Young go, then no other QBs go, and all big 4 OTs are gone by 9. That would mean Miami and Jax trade up but NOT for QBs, and LAC doesn't take one either. It'd have to look like this:

1. Burrow

2. Young

3. Miami- Andrew Thomas

4. Jax- Okudah

5. Detroit- Isaiah Simmons? Derrick Brown? (I can't imagine they go OT. They have Decker and just signed Big V)

6. LAC- Tristan Wirfs (I really don't see this happening, but it is possible, so let's say it happens for the sake of worst case scenario)

7. Carolina- Probably whichever defensive player Detroit doesn't take (Again, can't see an OT going here. They have Greg Little, Taylor Moton, and just traded for Russel Okung)

8. Arizona- Jedrick Wills

Which at 9, leaves us Becton only, but I'd be fine with it. I like Becton a lot. Plus we land 42 as well, which could be huge. That's Michael Pittman right there.

6 hours ago, minutemancl said:

9 is right at the outer limit of where we should be trading down to. It is perfect, honestly. 

Burrow and Young are guaranteed to go in the first 2 picks. Assuming Miami and Jax both trade up, we can reasonably assume it is for QBs, so scratch Tua and Herbert off as well. Then Okudah will absolutely be gone as well. That's 5/8 picks ahead of us, and all big 4 OTs are still on the board. We'd be guaranteed one.

Worst case scenario, Burrow and Young go, then no other QBs go, and all big 4 OTs are gone by 9. That would mean Miami and Jax trade up but NOT for QBs, and LAC doesn't take one either. It'd have to look like this:

1. Burrow

2. Young

3. Miami- Andrew Thomas

4. Jax- Okudah

5. Detroit- Isaiah Simmons? Derrick Brown? (I can't imagine they go OT. They have Decker and just signed Big V)

6. LAC- Tristan Wirfs (I really don't see this happening, but it is possible, so let's say it happens for the sake of worst case scenario)

7. Carolina- Probably whichever defensive player Detroit doesn't take (Again, can't see an OT going here. They have Greg Little, Taylor Moton, and just traded for Russel Okung)

8. Arizona- Jedrick Wills

Which at 9, leaves us Becton only, but I'd be fine with it. I like Becton a lot. Plus we land 42 as well, which could be huge. That's Michael Pittman right there.

If Miami does take thomas at three then sure but he is my favorite tackle which is why I shake at the idea of trading down too far. 

7 hours ago, YogiBiz said:

If we get 9 & 20 out of it, I would be happy. I am sure one of Wirfs/Becton/Wills/Thomas drops to 9. If they aren't, one of Simmons, Okudah, or Brown would drop. That's a solid W. Imagine adding Wirfs/Becton/Thomas/Wills + a defensive playmaker like Queen, Chaisson, or McKinney. Or add another weapon in the likes of Justin Jefferson, Denzel Mims, or Laviska. Or we could secure the top OC in the Draft with taking Ruiz at 20. The more I think about it, the more I like it. Even if we just get 42 and some later picks. That could position us to make a deal with Minnesota or Seattle at the back end of the first to secure a falling prospect with a 5th year. Or if we get 9 & Yannick + late picks we could still pull out ahead of the rest of the draft. 

I hear ya man and if my man crush wasn't so big for thomas I'm all for it...lol.  Did something similar to what you said in the ffmd mock so not opposed to trading down.