2020 NFL draft thread

Gmen

I can't sleep...haha.

Keep thinking if we could land Lloyd Cushenberrry (hate that last name, btw) our offense would see a huge boost day one.  However, there is some serious talent at safety still on the board.  I'm also thinking a trade down for a team looking to jump up to get one of these running backs.  Then there is Yetur Gross-Matos, although for us not sure how he fits the system as he's more of a 43de than an 34olb, but still he's a solid option.  Zack Baun a little light in the load but a heck of a pass rusher.  Even taking a flyer on Terrell Lewis, edge but his college injury might drop him, hard to put a value range on him.

I'm excited to say the least.

Now, I'm just talking to be talking...

Four picks away from being on the clock again...haha....Sorry guys this is what happens when I can't sleep.

Xavier McKinney, S - 'bama - Do it all safety disruptive inside the box, hard hitting safety that has a second gear in coverage.  Pick value is there, if we don't nab him I hope that we can at least trade down with a team that does want him.

I keep looking at the board and thinking that now is the time to trade down about 5 to 8 spots. 

Using the tried and tested dpv chart, which at the very least gives us an idea of the value of the pick is worth 540.

Dropping down in that 5 to 8 range puts that pick range value at 450 to 500.  Difference range value about 50 to 100 which is bottom 3rd early 4th.  Which is where we could nab a center, or couple that with our late 3rd to get a higher pick in the 3rd but either way, I like the value.

Anyway...lol....Not sure I could pass on McKinney just can't trade down so far that dallas takes the center 'berry but I keep thinking we could land a potential starter in the later round and use this pick on one of these bad *** safeties.  We definitely need one and both McKinney and Grant Delpit, LSU are day one starters, imo...and guys that can cover the running back/tight end that some are concerned about... @Kip Smithers Would this brighten your day?

• Like 1

Yeah this is where we should trade down to pick up the 3rd pick we lost for Williams

However it seems the best Safety in the draft might drop to us. Also heard good things about Mantos, would have no issue if we took either person. 

If we take Mantos might have to trade up twice to get our Free Safety and Center. I am thinking it is asking a lot for there to be a starting Free Safety and a starting Center with our very late 3rd pick and our early 4th pick. 

Thinking the smarter move would be to trade down, get extra picks, get our next starting Free Safety and Center  then get a Tackle to be developed into our future  RT for the 2021 season. 

17 minutes ago, Go_Giants said:

Yeah this is where we should trade down to pick up the 3rd pick we lost for Williams

However it seems the best Safety in the draft might drop to us. Also heard good things about Mantos, would have no issue if we took either person. 

If we take Mantos might have to trade up twice to get our Free Safety and Center. I am thinking it is asking a lot for there to be a starting Free Safety and a starting Center with our very late 3rd pick and our early 4th pick. 

Thinking the smarter move would be to trade down, get extra picks, get our next starting Free Safety and Center  then get a Tackle to be developed into our future  RT for the 2021 season. 

Right...I keep thinking a trade down would be best for our needs but having the chance to pick up one of these top safeties or edge guys that many boards had going in the first round in Mantos, but my new favorite is Josh Uche....check this kid out.  Blitzer with solid coverage skills....I'm torn.

1 hour ago, ny92mike said:

Right...I keep thinking a trade down would be best for our needs but having the chance to pick up one of these top safeties or edge guys that many boards had going in the first round in Mantos, but my new favorite is Josh Uche....check this kid out.  Blitzer with solid coverage skills....I'm torn.

I really like Uche too, but he's more of a LB than a pure pass rusher in the mold of a Lorenzo Alexander/Jamie Collins. I wouldn't be upset by adding him, but he might not work as a pass rusher. 

1 hour ago, YogiBiz said:

I really like Uche too, but he's more of a LB than a pure pass rusher in the mold of a Lorenzo Alexander/Jamie Collins. I wouldn't be upset by adding him, but he might not work as a pass rusher. 

A lot of talent fell.....Either way we should get someone that can really help this team

19 minutes ago, Acgott said:

We either need to trade back with our 2nd, or trade up using our 3rd and 4th. We need another premium pick badly 

The guys are there where we can grab a premium talent at 36.

Problem is, that pick most likely will not match our biggest needs. WR talent available is sizeable, S talent available is sizeable. C value isn't here yet (I like Cushenberry and Hennessy, but their value doesn't align with 36). Edge rusher value isn't here yet (I'm not sold at all on guys like Gross-Matos, Epenesa, Baun).

48 minutes ago, minutemancl said:

The guys are there where we can grab a premium talent at 36.

Problem is, that pick most likely will not match our biggest needs. WR talent available is sizeable, S talent available is sizeable. C value isn't here yet (I like Cushenberry and Hennessy, but their value doesn't align with 36). Edge rusher value isn't here yet (I'm not sold at all on guys like Gross-Matos, Epenesa, Baun).

I think at 36 if we change course from Cushenberry (who im leaning towards) u have to mention a guy like Xavier McKinney or Antoine Winfield. I still wanna stay with Cushenberry because i just think after DGs interview last night hes not messing around and wants to get this oline complete. 

2 hours ago, Giants4eva said:

I think at 36 if we change course from Cushenberry (who im leaning towards) u have to mention a guy like Xavier McKinney or Antoine Winfield. I still wanna stay with Cushenberry because i just think after DGs interview last night hes not messing around and wants to get this oline complete. 

Absolutely. Mckinney is who I want as of now. I think he's the best talent available. Winfield's injuries worry me. I put more emphasis on availability than some other people.

Delpit would be interesting as well. I don't like him personally, I can't stand his inability to tackle, but he's a true FS. Judge and co taking him would be interesting in that they would think they can fix the tackling issues.

• Like 1

Waiting until 99 to pick again from 36 is a long time. Rather than moving back, using 36 as ammo, I say move up from 99 with your later picks as ammo. 7th round picks are kind of valuable this year with UDFA sure to be a cluster-, but moving up in the third is way more important. Dangle 99 and some of those later picks to teams and see if you can't move up a bit.

• Like 1