2020 NFL draft thread

Gmen

Just now, Giants4eva said:

Niang is good but 1 guy ive been following and he's super underrated is Trey Adams out of Washington. Too many ppl are forgetting about him.  I think he's a prospect of interest

His medical is gonna be huge. If he checks out and his back isn’t hindering him anymore, he was the #1 OT prior to injury and could be a steal.  

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, NYGiantsman10 said:

https://nflmocks.com/2020/01/02/2020-nfl-draft-raiders-trade-mock-draft/

So this mock has us trading with the Las Vegas Raiders so they can jump to 4 and pick Tua. What does realistic compensation look like to y'all for a jump up to 4? I was thinking: 

For the 4th pick in 2020 Oakland (Las Vegas, whatever) gives the NY Giants 

In 2020: 

2 first round picks (12 and 19) 

A 3rd rounder (Oakland has three in 2020. We'll take the 80th pick)

In 2021: 

A second rounder 

That's probably the closest thing. Most likely gonna be pick 90 over 80. But hey I'll take any pick in a round we are sitting out. If we trade down to 12, who are we gonna take then. If Oakland jumps, Miami could panic and draft Herbert/Fromm top 10. 

Edited by YogiBiz

7 minutes ago, Giants4eva said:

Niang is good but 1 guy ive been following and he's super underrated is Trey Adams out of Washington. Too many ppl are forgetting about him.  I think he's a prospect of interest

He was the top OT in the draft before injuries took hold of him. A lot of injuries. 

1 hour ago, Giants4eva said:

Trust me bro i want him as well. My only hope is is that if we do trade down we dont trade down far enough to lose out on him. The kid can play all over the field. If we trade ourselves out of the top 10 i think we lose out. I dont see Detroit taking him, i see them trading down and possibly dropping to the 5th or 6th pick. I dont think he makes it passed #9 depending on who is taking a player at that point. 

No chance Simmons falls outside top 10. 

• Like 1

Here is a quick analysis on my top 5 players we should target if we end up staying at #4. 

1a. CB Jeffery Okudah - Absolute stud. Technique wise he is on even footing with Ramsey coming out. Athleticism wise, he is on his own planet. Very talented athlete, and he can turn his hips on a dime and run stride for stride with the fastest receivers in the country. Uses his hands well when jamming receivers in press coverage and has the instincts to know when to turn his head and play the football or play the receiver and break the pass up at the receiver's catch point. Has the speed, quickness, and burst to recover if he ever gets beaten; he basically runs the receivers route tree and is honestly one of the better route runners in the country (yes that's how good he is). The best CB prospect I have scouted since Patrick Peterson. Is going to be truly special imo. One weakness in this guy is that he aggressively shuts down the deep routes in zone, so he can be eaten alive in those underneath short comebacks by heady route runners and receivers. or guys running drags through his zone. He can recover pretty quickly, but this is still an issue that should be coached out. 

1b. LB/S Isiah Simmons - Another stud. The top three guys in the draft are all defensive players this time around. This guy is an unreal talent. Has god given athletic traits that just can't be matched. He is strong, fast, quick, has powerful, precise hand technique to shed blocks, and can cover TE's and RB's extremely well in man. Most ultra athletic LB's are cut from the same "haven't truly figured out how to play the game" cloth, that is not the case with Simmons. He is one of the most instinctual LB's I have ever scouted, rivaling Luke Kuechly, and Deion Jones, and ranking above Vander-Esch and Roquan Smith. Not very many holes in his game. If had to choose anything, it would be he is quite often out of place in zone coverage. His man to man skills are slot CB/safety-esque. Probably the best I have seen since Jones. 

2. OT Andrew Thomas - Big Powerful Sucker. He absolutely loves destroying people in the run game, and this is evident on tape. Pushed around SEC D-Lineman like they came from the D-II. Really plays with a chip when run blocking as he drives through opponents and paves them out the ball carriers way. A 320 lbs Behemoth shouldn't be able to move as smoothly as he does in pass protection. Has moments where he looks like a gazelle mirroring speed rushers. Watched a lot of him, since I live in Atlanta. Has some issues on Pull & second levels blocks, but that is because he takes bad angles not because of athleticism. His footwork will also need to be improved if he wants to reach his All-Pro LT potential. It causes some balance issues, disrupting his other wise stout anchor. The glimpses were often enough and great enough to warrant a top 5 selection. 

3. OT Tristan Wirfs - Plays RT in college. Athletic and refined enough to move over to LT and dominate after getting accustomed to it. Very good technique on the outside, shown off by flawless hand placement. Dominate run blocker, probably better than Thomas in that regard. Has quality anchor in pass protection, and absolutely walls off bull rushers, almost comically. Doesn't have great bend and quickness, but is more than sufficient to be a starting LT. Maybe even stronger than Thomas as well, which is saying something. Hands are like meat hooks, and absolutely disrupt almost any rusher. Quick, heady pass rushers will be able to counter and break through Wirfs, but those guys are very few in between we just unfortunately have two of them (potentially three) in our division. 

4. OT Jedrick Wills Jr. - Helped himself the most out of everyone but Joe Burrow with the an absolutely dominate season. Is absolutely great with his technique in Run protection, and is a mauler showing the ability to get tremendous movement in the run game. He can upend unsuspecting D-Lineman. He has improved in pass protection and has shown glimpses of greatness with his ability to match rushers with precise movement. If a pass rusher doesn't give up, he shows stamina concerns having trouble sustaining blocks for longer than 4-5 seconds. If he can maintain a healthy physique, he will be one of the better OT in league. That should happen by the end of his rookie contract if coached up correctly.   

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Gmen19851 said:

Right now all I'm praying for is that teams trade up and QB's go 1-2-3 and somehow we end up with chase young

I’m praying for the opposite... Burrow, Young, Okbudah.  Then we trade back to 5 so Dolphins get their guy and trade from 5 to 12 so Raiders get their guy.  And somehow Simmons/Wirfs/Thomas fall to 12 lol 

1 hour ago, Kodaraw said:

I’m praying for the opposite... Burrow, Young, Okbudah.  Then we trade back to 5 so Dolphins get their guy and trade from 5 to 12 so Raiders get their guy.  And somehow Simmons/Wirfs/Thomas fall to 12 lol 

Nothing is out of the realm of possibility. We had a chance at both Josh Allen and Ed Oliver on the same pick last year at #6. I truly wanna see us trade down from 4 to 5/6/7. I feel guys like Simmons / Wirfs and possibly Thomas will be there at those slots. If we can get Miami to give us another #2 and potentially a #3 its an easy decision to drop 1 spot. Im 100% certain San Diego and Miami are gunning for Tua and Justin Herbert and we are in prime position to make a trade.

Edited by Giants4eva

29 minutes ago, Giants4eva said:

Nothing is out of the realm of possibility. We had a chance at both Josh Allen and Ed Oliver on the same pick last year at #6. I truly wanna see us trade down from 4 to 5/6/7. I feel guys like Simmons / Wirfs and possibly Thomas will be there at those slots. If we can get Miami to give us another #2 and potentially a #3 its an easy decision to drop 1 spot. Im 100% certain San Diego and Miami are gunning for Tua and Justin Herbert and we are in prime position to make a trade.

Miami, SD, Carolina, Bucs, and Raiders all likely looking for new QB.  Five teams for 2 QBs. We are in a great position to bring in a haul. 

11 minutes ago, Kodaraw said:

Miami, SD, Carolina, Bucs, and Raiders all likely looking for new QB.  Five teams for 2 QBs. We are in a great position to bring in a haul. 

Its interesting to think about a trade. Really is. Id like to see us do it. One thing we have to not overlook either lets not forget we got a new coach and new staff coming in.. Is there a tiny tiny microscopic chance they dont want DJ piloting the offense? I dont think this will happen but then again i see what happened to Josh Rosen and im like thats a nightmare for that kid.

Edited by Giants4eva

29 minutes ago, Giants4eva said:

Its interesting to think about a trade. Really is. Id like to see us do it. One thing we have to not overlook either lets not forget we got a new coach and new staff coming in.. Is there a tiny tiny microscopic chance they dont want DJ piloting the offense? I dont think this will happen but then again i see what happened to Josh Rosen and im like thats a nightmare for that kid.

Well first, it all depends on who's available at number 4.  Second, if we trade back to say 7, we wont get a 2.  A potential trade would be our 1st and a 6th for the 7th overall pick and 3rd and a 4th.  So wed have to decide if trading back is worth 2 day 2 picks. 

17 hours ago, Gmen19851 said:

Well first, it all depends on who's available at number 4.  Second, if we trade back to say 7, we wont get a 2.  A potential trade would be our 1st and a 6th for the 7th overall pick and 3rd and a 4th.  So wed have to decide if trading back is worth 2 day 2 picks. 

I think typically you’re right but if a team is trading up for a QB - especially to ensure they get their guy when the teams ahead all need a QB - we can price gouge. No way we trade from 4 to 7 without getting a 2nd and 2021 1st imo.Look at what Skins gave up for RG3.

(Actually, wouldn’t be surprised if Gettleman traded  4 plus our second for 7 and some first round player that hasn’t lived up to their draft slot but UNTAPPED POTENTIAL!!!). 

Not sure if I read it on here or heard a pundit say it but in all of his drafts DG has never once traded down. So I wouldn't hold my breath although I think it's by far the correct move if Young or Wills are off the board. There is just so many holes to plug. But my best guess is DG takes Wills or Thomas

• Like 1