Week 2 GDT - Green Bay Packers vs. Atlanta Falcons

CWood21

42 minutes ago, packfanfb said:

Not about expectation. Its called being a GM. You adjust and make a move. There are tons of guys on the market who would give you a better chance than McCray or Pankey. Don't act like the talk all preseason on here hasnt been how extremely weak our backup Olinemen were, even when Spriggs was healthy. It's been obvious for a while and now it's blown up into a reality.

The move was made and it cost RJF.  They can't just go out and get somebody off the street, as Oline is about as thin as the QB position in the NFL.   

Nor would you even want to do that when the latest injuries are short term in the first place.  It would not only cost an extra player's spot on the roster, by the time the brand new player gets acclimated and is ready to play, the starter will be back healthy. 

What has been done is the most reasonable thing that could be done.

2 minutes ago, packfanfb said:

Very true but unfortunate nonethless that we cant give our best shot in a game that may very well mean A LOT come playoff seeding in January.

I don't think Atlanta will be battling for a top seed by the end of the year tbh. Also, I much prefer GB gives teams their best shot in January and not September

Just now, AlexGreen#20 said:

As always, feel free to make a suggestion regarding what you think we should have done

I've already answered that question several times with names. There are vets out there we could have signed 4 weeks ago to add depth. You can also do this thing called make a trade where you give up one of your 12 draft picks for a vet depth player. As a GM, you go find the deal. It happens. We are trying to win SB here are we not?

Maybe McCray will shock the world and I'll be the happiest guy here, but seems irresponsible to leave a position group so weak when we saw after week 1 of the preseason just how thin we were.

2 minutes ago, packfanfb said:

I've already answered that question several times with names. There are vets out there we could have signed 4 weeks ago to add depth. You can also do this thing called make a trade where you give up one of your 12 draft picks for a vet depth player. As a GM, you go find the deal. It happens. We are trying to win SB here are we not?

Maybe McCray will shock the world and I'll be the happiest guy here, but seems irresponsible to leave a position group so weak when we saw after week 1 of the preseason just how thin we were.

Are there many teams that carry 5 OTs on their 53 man roster?  I thought us having 4 strictly dedicated tackles was actually a lot.

Archived