MEGA FREAK ZION vs THE WHITE LEBRON DONCIC !!

resilient part 2

MEGA FREAK ZION vs the WHITE Lebron DONCIC !!  

30 members have voted

1. 1. WHO do you take take for the next 10 years??

• ZION
    • DONCIC

OK ladies and gentlemen, it is time for the most important debate/discussion/pick of our generation. So let's have at it.

One player, before even getting his feet wet in the NBA, was already chosen the be the "next generational player" in Zion. His unique and freakish athletic talent combined with an unproven yet promising skill set already had some saying he is the next Lebron. 

The Other, is simply the most polished 20 year old, maybe ever. Having played in more BIG games and competition than any player before entering the NBA. Luka, after just a month into his 2nd season is already doing/breaking many NBA statically amazing things.

Obviously Luka already has a body of work while ZION has yet had a chance to show anything yet.

BUT since both have already been compared a "LeBron like talent, I was truly really curious to see;

Who would you take/pick for your own team?

More importantly which player do you take for the next ten years regardless of team?

* and yes it would be easier if ZION had at least a year under his belt, but then it would be too easy to make a decision and NOT FUN..

so what does your GM skillz say??

Edited by resilient part 2

Just now, resilient part 2 said:

but that's what they said about Zion.

Yeah I guess I didn't really expand on that at all lol. I think they both are. But I think Luka's ability as a shooter/playmaker separates him a bit. I think Luka vs Giannis is a more interesting debate right now actually. I just don't have a feel for Zion at the NBA level yet. 

Before the season I was 50/50. It's not a fair comparison now. 

The main concern I had for Zion was his health. He's done nothing to help alleviate that. He's too heavy and he needs to fix some mechanical issues with his knees. If he's hurt often either he'll miss a lot of games or he will see a reduction in athleticism. He's not skilled enough to overcome a substantial drop in athleticism yet. He's not a good shooter, he's a good but not great passer and what makes him so special defensively is his athletic tools combined with his motor. I think he has All NBA potential but my concerns are growing.

Luka on the other hand as surpassed all reasonable expectations. No one thought he would be this good this fast. He's putting up historic numbers and doing so in a way that's not fluky. He gets to wherever he wants to on the floor. He draws a ton of contact. He's great around the rim. He's a great shooter when left open. His shot selection brings his percentages down but he's not doing anything that can't be replicated. His instincts and 'braking' are elite. He's also an even better creator than I thought. He's leading the Mavericks to the NBA's most efficient offense already. He legitimately has an argument for the best offensive player in the NBA this year.

Hopefully Zion is as good as I expect him to be. At the same time, it's too difficult to project a guy who hasn't played to surpass someone who is dropping 30/10/10 on elite efficiency in year 2.

I did not make this thread because I wanted to debate anyone, but rather just wanted to see what people thought. So I certainly don't want to debate Luca versus Giannis. Only to keep this short I will say Janice has a huge impact on both sides of the ball offense and defense, while Luca is on the offensive have. So I wouldn't even consider that a debate. But that's just me and apparently people have higher values on Luca than I do here

1 hour ago, kyle21121 said:

Maybe not a super great time to have this poll haha

Actually I think the timing is quite ironic to be honest 3rd and just one short month Luca at this moment is winning a landslide hey. If you would have had this question in the summer time I'd be willing to bet Zion would have won in a landslide. Can one month really make that much of a difference?? Apparently on this site in can LOL

13 minutes ago, resilient part 2 said:

Actually I think the timing is quite ironic to be honest 3rd and just one short month Luca at this moment is winning a landslide hey. If you would have had this question in the summer time I'd be willing to bet Zion would have won in a landslide. Can one month really make that much of a difference?? Apparently on this site in can LOL

He probably would've won but I doubt it would be a landslide. The same question was asked on realgm before the year and it was dead even. We are 20% of the season in now. Who would've expected Luka to play at an MVP level? Zion is hurt. That obviously changes things. 

Edited by Bullet Club