Week 13 GDT - Baltimore Ravens vs San Francisco 49ers

J-ALL-DAY

Not a bad half, the penalties and the one TO are the difference thus far. 

Our running game is as good as it has been in WEEKS. Obviously getting Mostert more carries than Coleman has been a big help. 

Not even mad at that missed FG, and he was at least five or yards short. So anything over 40 yards is going to be very difficult in these conditions. 

Just now, SoCalNiner said:

I know you don't want to risk giving them the ball back, but I hate playing scared. We needed to drive there, not waste clock. 

yep. I think what happened was that after the Manny penalty, Shanny was calling it quits on the drive. Didn't count on Mostert having a huge gain two plays later. 

• Like 1

the poor coaching decisions and bad clock management in the last minute of this half may have just cost us this game

- they have a lead and get the ball after the half which means they going go up by two scores before we see the ball again
- our defense as struggled to stop them 
- playing for the field goal when you have over a minute to play and all your timeouts was uber conservative especially against a team of this caliber (jason garrettish)

1 minute ago, Dub_City30 said:

I feel a blowout coming defense already gassed, blew a chance to tie the game and they get the ball back. 

The offense just had the ball for a while with a timeout taken by the 49ers and Baltimore. And they get the half to rest. They shouldn't be gassed coming back out. 

Just now, Dub_City30 said:

I feel a blowout coming defense already gassed, blew a chance to tie the game and they get the ball back. 

idk man. These are pro athletes.. many still on the young side. I don't think an 18.1 vs 11.4 time of possession is a killer for them.

They should be alright.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Forge said:

yep. I think what happened was that after the Manny penalty, Shanny was calling it quits on the drive. Didn't count on Mostert having a huge gain two plays later. 

But I thought he played it perfectly. Made sure we were only going down three at half at worst and then when Mostert got his big run, then he went for it but we just couldn't move the ball. Didn't have no problem at all with the way he handled that. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Dub_City30 said:

Yeah i don't think that possible

It’s definitely possible. Just no ones figured it out yet. They always do (Vick, Kap, RG3, etc), it just takes time to figure out how to make a running QB beat you with his arm. Maybe Saleh learned something in that half to adjust to in the second half. I’m not confident that happens, but one can dream, right?  

• Like 1