Week 13 GDT - Baltimore Ravens vs San Francisco 49ers

J-ALL-DAY

18 minutes ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

But as I've said in the past, we are run heavy team without the power run element and it hurts in certain areas. I just don't like throwing the ball there in traffic. Would have liked to Jimmy get out of the pocket. 

THIS is my point as well. I feel sometimes Kyle's job is saving Jimmy from himself with his play calling in certain situations. If that were 4th and 3, I would have no problem with us running that same play. But I felt like the run game was working well enough for us to get one yard in that scenario. It is what is...

And I haven't re-watched the TD pass to Samuels yet so if Peters was indeed turned and didn't see the ball, I'll retract my statements

32 minutes ago, 757-NINER said:

THIS is my point as well. I feel sometimes Kyle's job is saving Jimmy from himself with his play calling in certain situations. If that were 4th and 3, I would have no problem with us running that same play. But I felt like the run game was working well enough for us to get one yard in that scenario. It is what is...

And I haven't re-watched the TD pass to Samuels yet so if Peters was indeed turned and didn't see the ball, I'll retract my statements

I don’t know what the concern is about the TD to Samuel. I don’t think the first read or even the second was to go deep but if there’s nothing safe for the first down, why not throw one down to the 3 yard line. If it was picked, who cares?  Better than taking a sack or throwing it away. Give the receiver a chance though. 

53 minutes ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

Shanny had a great game plan running the ball at the edge as their LBs are a little slow and putting their secondary in tough positions. Thought McGlinchey and Kittle had monster games blocking today

I thought the gameplan to have kittle stay in and block was shrewd. Wet field put him at risk of reinjury running around, so we kept him in to block which is equally as valuable to us. I thought the OL played great because we had kittle/juice working in full force today.

It has the added benefit of keeping the plays we had drawn up for kittle in our pocket for the possibility of the rematch. Its an easy adjustment to make next time.

After the fumble I do think Kyle got less aggressive and his job as HC is to steer the ship. Sometimes you need to know the pulse of your team. It was time to slow things down a little bit. 

The ravens generate so much momentum so you need to take control of the pace. I thought kyle did that. We went fast a few times in key spots as well.

Tough conditions but we wont have to deal with that next week, to be sure

I'd be really curious to know where the Ravens rank with regards to negative yardage plays. The thing that was really tough in this game is that I felt like they were always moving forward, which made getting short yardage stops very difficult. 

11 minutes ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

Huh? Got lucky they even called one on Day which was questionable at best. Did anyone see any late or dirty hits that Brown is referring to? 

Nope. I gave them the first one, but the Day call was kind of garbage, and they were absolutely right to pick up the flag on Ward. 

13 minutes ago, Forge said:

Nope. I gave them the first one, but the Day call was kind of garbage, and they were absolutely right to pick up the flag on Ward. 

This 100%. 

I felt the PI calls were called correctly. The block in the back on Sanders was unfortunate too. 

Ravens players/fans who are complaining about the refs are delusional

Just now, N4L said:

This 100%. 

I felt the PI calls were called correctly. The block in the back on Sanders was unfortunate too. 

Ravens players/fans who are complaining about the refs are delusional

Personally, I don't feel like there was a reason for either team to complain about the officiating. I thought the Day call was bad, and they clearly missed the delay penalty on Baltimore, but simultaneously, I didn't think the Humphrey PI was egregious and I would have understood throwing the flag on Ward on the PI. I thought the game was largely called okay. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Forge said:

Personally, I don't feel like there was a reason for either team to complain about the officiating. I thought the Day call was bad, and they clearly missed the delay penalty on Baltimore, but simultaneously, I didn't think the Humphrey PI was egregious and I would have understood throwing the flag on Ward on the PI. I thought the game was largely called okay. 

That is exactly right. There should be no complaints or insinuations that the refs dictated the outcome 

The weather on the other hand... All this rain will help us get ready for February. 

Very possible we get some raaaiinnny home games in December and beyond 

48 minutes ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

Huh? Got lucky they even called one on Day which was questionable at best. Did anyone see any late or dirty hits that Brown is referring to? 

Lol this is the problem they will have with this style of play. They know he's 1 hit away from being out. But the thing is when he's running he's fair gm. They want it both ways...for him to be protected in the pocket and on those runs. Personally I'd tag him on all zone read plays. 

• Like 3

I LOVE that Saints fans think that we are now vulnerable and that every time we face a good team, we lose... 

They seem to think all they have to do is run Kamara and Murray heavy and that will open up the play-action with Brees  and they'll carve us up...

Funny, because Packers fans thought the same way. Because we struggled against Murray, they believed because they had Rodgers and and a very good running game they just needed to run the ball and exploit us with play-action and screens...

keep trying to school fanbases that there are LEVELS to this. We just held the most daunting offense in check for 60 mins. You don't present the same kind of issues the Ravens do because your QB isn't Lamar Jackson. He's a legend and first ballot HOF, no question. But we're built to stop the kind of QB Brees is.

Its not as simple as you just have to run the ball on us and beat our pass-rush with quick passes. Its not as simple as you have to mix in alot of Taysom Hill with the read-option. If it were that simple, every team would have done it already...

Everybody has a plan...until they get hit in the mouth. Can't wait until next Sunday.

Edited by 757-NINER

It was a game to forget for Jimmy Garoppolo. He missed a few too many passes, especially on third downs. He also had a few turnover-worthy plays that did not help his team. With the run game being so successful, Garoppolo just couldn't make enough plays through the air.

https://www.pff.com/news/nfl-week-13-pff-refocused-baltimore-ravens-20-san-francisco-49ers-17

Okay, so can anyone explain this to me? I don't think he had a great game or anything and with the weather conditions, that's not all surprising, especially considering how much worse Jackson was passing the ball....But how many passes did he really miss on? What plays are PFF referring to? I mean we barely threw the ball 21 times and he completed 15 of them. Some of the passes were inaccurate that were even completed, but I'm still not understanding this? 

2 minutes ago, 757-NINER said:

I LOVE that Saints fans think that we are now vulnerable and that every time we face a good team, we lose... 

They seem to think all they have to do is run Kamara and Murray heavy and that will open up the play-action with Brees  and they'll carve us up...

Funny, because Packers fans thought the same way. Because we struggled against Murray, they believed because they had Rodgers and and a very good running game they just needed to run the ball and exploit us with play-action and screens...

keep trying to school fanbases that there are LEVELS to this. We just held the most daunting offense in check for 60 mins. You don't present the same kind of issues the Ravens do because your QB isn't Lamar Jackson. He's a legend and first ballot HOF, no question. But we're built to stop the kind of QB Brees is.

Its not as simple as you just have to run the ball on us and beat our pass-rush with quick passes. Its not as simple as you have to mix in alot of Taysom Hill with the read-option. If it were that simple, every team would have done it already...

Everybody has a plan...until they get hit in the mouth. Can't wait until next Sunday.

I'm actually interested in seeing the type of game plan the Saints implement. They don't get as many big plays through the air anymore and obviously we prevent them as well as anyone. Will they try to run it and use a lot of WR screens? I'm thinking that's exactly what they try to do. 

McGlinchey has been great the last two games, but how he handles Jordan will go a long in determining how we fare offensively. 

Should be another good game but I think we are better. 

• Like 1

Just now, J-ALL-DAY said:

Some of the passes were inaccurate that were even completed, but I'm still not understanding this? 

I wasn't overly bent on JimmyG. Terrible ball protection early.. and some snaps where he seemed slow to process. No remarkable gripes or adulation of him today, for me.