Week 13 GDT - Baltimore Ravens vs San Francisco 49ers

J-ALL-DAY

11 minutes ago, sherm said:

Lol this is the problem they will have with this style of play. They know he's 1 hit away from being out. But the thing is when he's running he's fair gm. They want it both ways...for him to be protected in the pocket and on those runs. Personally I'd tag him on all zone read plays. 

Exactly how he should be played. I didn't understand why our ends kept crashing hard towards the ball carrier on those. We should be teaching the ends to assume Jackson has the ball EVERY time and lay the wood every time he takes two steps near the LOS. Teams used to do that to Kap. Even if the RB does get ball, you have help inside. You crash hard towards the runner, you're giving up contain on the outside and allowing him range to run, outside the tackles. I would hope we attack those differently if we see them again.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, oldman9er said:

not sure where u get this take from.. but ok cool.

most fans I talk to say we seem even more nasty and fearsome. 

their main forums, black&gold.com

Some give us our props but most think we're over hyped and susceptible to being done in by Brees, Kamara, Thomas & their defense...

8 minutes ago, oldman9er said:

I wasn't overly bent on JimmyG. Terrible ball protection early.. and some snaps where he seemed slow to process. No remarkable gripes or adulation of him today, for me. 

He did throw a near pick in the first half I think. And that pass where Sanders was wide open for the first down but he had to make a diving catch that left us short. He wasn't remarkable but he wasn't bad either...

But he really has to do something about his ball security in the pocket. He has given up way too many sack fumbles for my liking...

2 minutes ago, 757-NINER said:

He did throw a near pick in the first half I think. And that pass where Sanders was wide open for the first down but he had to make a diving catch that left us short. He wasn't remarkable but he wasn't bad either...

But he really has to do something about his ball security in the pocket. He has given up way too many sack fumbles for my liking...

Right now, he's late Washington era Kirk cousins without the volume in my opinion. Which is fine. You can win a super bowl with that. I didn't think he was the reason we lost today or anything. 

I should mention that Jimmy does seem to handle the spotlight better, however

Will talk about it on the podcast, but it appears that shanny and I are off a similar mindset with regards to the fatal forth down

“I didn’t mind the decision of not running,” Shanahan said. “But I wish I had called a better pass play.”

4 hours ago, 757-NINER said:

their main forums, black&gold.com

Some give us our props but most think we're over hyped and susceptible to being done in by Brees, Kamara, Thomas & their defense...

Well there is your issue. You went to a team forum. Any fanbase with a team that has a 10-2 record is going to believe their **** don't stink. At least on a team central forum with lots of members. 

Edited by PapaShogun

USATSI_13737438_168384674_lowres.jpg?w=9

Dang. He's happy. Anyways, here is PFF's take:

SAN FRANCISCO 49ERS

The 49ers have to be happy that George Kittle is back for them not just for his incredible pass-catching ability, but his stellar run blocking. Kittle had a great game in that department as he was able to help the 49ers establish their incredibly successful run game. He also came up big on his few targets as a receiver.

It was a game to forget for Jimmy Garoppolo. He missed a few too many passes, especially on third downs. He also had a few turnover-worthy plays that did not help his team. With the run game being so successful, Garoppolo just couldn't make enough plays through the air.

Marcell Harris had that massive play in which he stripped Jackson before he hit the ground, but that wasn't all he did. Harris looked good throughout the game and had an impressive showing in the run game.

Fred Warner seemed to be all over the place for the 49ers. He was targeted a lot and gave up some receptions, but he also had two huge pass defenses that ended drives. Warner finished the game with the most defensive stops among anyone on the 49ers' defense.

That 2018 draft coming up big. McGlinchey, Warner, Moore, Reed, Harris, Taylor, James..... Dwelley/Wilson/Moseley in UDFA, 2 quality starters in McGlinchey & Warner, solid depth/rotational pieces with Moore/Reed/Harris/Taylor/James/Dwelley/Wilson/Moseley (with Moseley and Moore being fine starters taking over for Witherspoon/Ward). Some of the depth could step up to be future starters as well

Street has been injured his entire tenure, the Baalke ACL redshirt, hopefully he comes back later this year or next season and provides depth

And of course Pettis....well lets not talk about him

Oh and i forgot...2018 2nd rounder traded for Jimmy G

Edited by 49ersfan
  • Like 2

Oh, and people talking about the schedule and not beating good teams. We've currently beaten the 7-5 Steelers, 7-5 Rams, and 9-3 Packers. Lost to the 9-2 Seahawks and 10-2 Ravens by game winning field goals as time expired (and in both games, our K missed a FG). As well as dominating the 5-7 Bucs, 5-7 Panthers, 5-7 Browns, etc. And our point differential +166, 3rd in the league behind the Ravens & Patriots 

• Like 4

20 hours ago, 49ersfan said:

MIN over SEA on MNF, LA over SEA next week SNF, SF take care of business against NO, we're back in the #1 seed. In this scenario we're 11-2, NO is 10-3, SEA is 9-4. And heck, if LA wins today and next sunday + SEA loses today and to LA, suddenly SEA is only 1 game ahead of LA for a playoff spot 

So, @Forge mentioned this, too, so I have an important correction to make. 

Right here, right now, in the morning of 12/2, we are currently the NFC's #1 seed. We are NOT the 5th seed. 

We will be the 5th seed IF - and only IF - the Seahawks win tonight. 

But even that doesn't matter, because we control our own destiny. Winning the four remaining games clinches the conference regardless of what other teams do.

And I'll elaborate more on the podcast, but barring a catastrophic injury, this team's next loss will come in the 2020 season. 

• Like 3

35 minutes ago, 49ersfan said:

That 2018 draft coming up big. McGlinchey, Warner, Moore, Reed, Harris, Taylor, James..... Dwelley/Wilson/Moseley in UDFA, 2 quality starters in McGlinchey & Warner, solid depth/rotational pieces with Moore/Reed/Harris/Taylor/James/Dwelley/Wilson/Moseley (with Moseley and Moore being fine starters taking over for Witherspoon/Ward). Some of the depth could step up to be future starters as well

Street has been injured his entire tenure, the Baalke ACL redshirt, hopefully he comes back later this year or next season and provides depth

2017 everyone was excited about  at the time and that class didn't do us very much at all. I remember being underwhelmed by the 2018 draft at the time... Goes to show what I know o.O. Although I think that was the general consensus at the time too.

I think Reed might be my favorite pick of that draft now. Might be interesting to do a 2018 draft regrade.

Edited by Ftn49

2 minutes ago, Ftn49 said:

2017 everyone was excited about  at the time and that class didn't do us very much at all. I remember being underwhelmed by the 2018 draft at the time... Goes to show what I know o.O. Although I think that was the general consensus at the time too.

I think Reed might be my favorite pick of that draft now. Might be interesting to do a 2018 draft regrade.

2017 draft didn't give us anything at the top, or didn't give us much at the top....BUT, that class still ended up being damn good because we ended up with Witherspoon/Kittle/Jones. Those three alone make it a good class. Just sucks on missing out on the top two picks of the draft. Then we also got Breida as an UDFA as well as Bourne. 

• Like 1

Just now, J-ALL-DAY said:

2017 draft didn't give us anything at the top, or didn't give us much at the top....BUT, that class still ended up being damn good because we ended up with Witherspoon/Kittle/Jones. Those three alone make it a good class. Just sucks on missing out on the top two picks of the draft. Then we also got Breida as an UDFA as well as Bourne. 

Fair point... Kittle alone makes that class worthwhile

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, 49ersfan said:

Oh and i forgot...2018 2nd rounder traded for Jimmy G

Its crazy to think how much more dominating this defense would be had Reuben Foster made better gf choices...