Week 13 GDT - Baltimore Ravens vs San Francisco 49ers

J-ALL-DAY

4 minutes ago, 757-NINER said:

Its crazy to think how much more dominating this defense would be had Reuben Foster made better gf choices...

Honestly, if he was healthy and didn't make those bad off the field choices, this defense would freaking UNBELIEVABLE. It already is great, but this guy is a different beast stopping the run. That is one weakness on the defense and that's where he thrives at. Him and Warner would have been PWilly/Bowman 2.0. Oh well................

So @y2lamanaki say Seattle wins out until week 17 and we lose to NO, will they have already clinched the division or we can take it from them with a win? We would finish with the same record and same division record. So what happens then? 

5 minutes ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

So @y2lamanaki say Seattle wins out until week 17 and we lose to NO, will they have already clinched the division or we can take it from them with a win? We would finish with the same record and same division record. So what happens then? 

In this scenario, we lose the division as we would lose the tie breaker and Seattle would get the division. I believe it would come down to the 5th tie breaker. 

We will have finished 1-1 head to head. We will have lost to the same opponents (NO / Bal / each other) and this will essentially cover 2-4. So it comes down to strength of victory. I believe for us, that is Green Bay + Washington, while for Seattle, it's Philly + Minnesota. 

Can't say they have clinched as of yet because it would be based on other teams, and that can still fluctuate. 

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, y2lamanaki said:

So, @Forge mentioned this, too, so I have an important correction to make. 

Right here, right now, in the morning of 12/2, we are currently the NFC's #1 seed. We are NOT the 5th seed. 

We will be the 5th seed IF - and only IF - the Seahawks win tonight. 

But even that doesn't matter, because we control our own destiny. Winning the four remaining games clinches the conference regardless of what other teams do.

And I'll elaborate more on the podcast, but barring a catastrophic injury, this team's next loss will come in the 2021 season. 

Yeah, for some reason, I thought Seattle was on a bye this week. No idea why. I thought we had the same record. 

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

2017 draft didn't give us anything at the top, or didn't give us much at the top....BUT, that class still ended up being damn good because we ended up with Witherspoon/Kittle/Jones. Those three alone make it a good class. Just sucks on missing out on the top two picks of the draft. Then we also got Breida as an UDFA as well as Bourne. 

Mullens too! Somehow we whiffed on 4 of our top 5 picks (Thomas, Foster, Beathard, Williams) and still ended up with a top tier CB, TE, up and coming DT, solid RB, and good QB/WR depth. 

Thomas/Foster/Pettis have been the big whiffs of our FO in the draft, and McKinnon in FA

• Like 1

So, this is how I saw the game:

Defense did enough to win as they limited the top offense in the league to just 20 points. Were they perfect? Nope. Especially #51. Glad Greenlaw isn't making so many of the mistakes that Al Shaair (or however his name is spelled) made yesterday. They are both rookies, but one has been a difference maker, despite some rookie mistakes. 

The Offense did NOT do enough to win. Limited to 17 points and essentially responsible for the Ravens 1st TD (thanks a lot, Jimmy G!). The D had been very tough on the Raven O to that point.

If the Special Teams could break any returns, we could really be dominant. I'm not certain that is going to happen with the way Richie runs (or doesn't run--keeps heading for the sideline!).

Now, Minny, 9ers did you a favor last week. Your return is due tonight. Club those Cluckers into submission tonight! >:(

• Like 2

22 minutes ago, 49ersfan said:

Mullens too! Somehow we whiffed on 4 of our top 5 picks (Thomas, Foster, Beathard, Williams) and still ended up with a top tier CB, TE, up and coming DT, solid RB, and good QB/WR depth. 

Thomas/Foster/Pettis have been the big whiffs of our FO in the draft, and McKinnon in FA

Yeah, getting Spoon/Kittle/Jones/Breida/Mullens/Bourne out of that class/UDFA, is pretty damn good. 

3 minutes ago, 49ers2015 said:

For some reason I thought the Seahawks schedule was harder than what it is. I can totally see then winning up until the final game with the 9ers. 

The game against NO is super crucial. This game was important, but out of the GB / Bal / NO triumvirate, it was the least important. If we were going to drop one, this is the one to lose. We still control our own destiny, and you can't ask for more than that. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, NcFinest9erFan said:

Really sucks. With Sanders, Kittle, and even now Deebo.. this should have been easier for JimG (or blame Shanny?) to make some big strikes for scores. 

... and while I agree that the D was strong and did not embarrass... I was furious... can't say it enough.. FURIOUS.. over how often they guessed wrong on the RB, and let Lamar run wild and free. 

FURIOUS

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, NcFinest9erFan said:

Well, hopefully Pettis can step it up in year 3 after getting the Witherspoon year 2 treatment....

idk that we should invest more time and snaps, tbh. Maybe just give him the final Doctson treatment and shove him out the door. 

I'm tentatively back in Bourne's corner, after the way he's stepped up lately. If he continues to show well, then he's an easy RFA offer to stay on in 2020 and battle for a job. We'll see if Sanders stays. Either way, I'd expect some decent WR investment brought in, unless they still think Hurd will ever lift a finger. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, oldman9er said:

idk that we should invest more time and snaps, tbh. Maybe just give him the final Doctson treatment and shove him out the door. 

I'm tentatively back in Bourne's corner, after the way he's stepped up lately. If he continues to show well, then he's an easy RFA offer to stay on in 2020 and battle for a job. We'll see if Sanders stays. Either way, I'd expect some decent WR investment brought in, unless they still think Hurd will ever lift a finger. 

I was so excited by the Pettis pick--one of the few--but if this continues through the end of the season, it may be time to see if we can't recoup perhaps a 4th-5th round pick in a trade. :$ I was so certain his ability would translate well into Shanny's O, but it's not happening. Regression instead of progression. :(

4 minutes ago, oldman9er said:

Really sucks. With Sanders, Kittle, and even now Deebo.. this should have been easier for JimG (or blame Shanny?) to make some big strikes for scores. 

... and while I agree that the D was strong and did not embarrass... I was furious... can't say it enough.. FURIOUS.. over how often they guessed wrong on the RB, and let Lamar run wild and free. 

FURIOUS

Blame the young LBs for the most part for guessing wrong. That's where they got overanxious and didn't do their jobs. 

I mean we still produced more big plays than the Ravens through the air...heck, just overall. But those conditions were rough on the QBs. This is why in better weather, I trust our pass offense to be better than theirs. Deebo/Sanders/Kittle allow us to pretty much go heads up with anyone.