Week 13 GDT - Baltimore Ravens vs San Francisco 49ers

J-ALL-DAY

49ers can't get one week of oxygen in the division race. If the 49ers are to lose a game any time soon, this is the one to drop since it's an AFC opponent. Of course the Seahawks would need to then lose to the Vikings at home for the 49ers not to drop to the 5th seed. That's so annoying. 

As most know, this probably isn't a good matchup for the 49ers. Especially on defense. I hope it rains heavily to the point that there is another mud bowl type atmosphere. I'd love if the defensive line just stepped up and made it a nightmare for their offense. I'm getting sick and tired about hearing how can anyone stop Lamar Jackson, but not a single thing is said about how to stop the 49ers defense. 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Dub_City30 said:

One good hit on that **** and I think he folds. 

He doesn't take many good hits. And I'd rather beat him at the game of football than at the game of ligaments and tendons, and stuff like that. I don't know... feels a tad more sportsmanlike.

• Like 2

9 hours ago, Dub_City30 said:

Im gonna go on a limb and say this team is going to beat up Jackson. I have a feeling our speed will cause a problem along with a chip on their shoulders is gonna have these guys playing hungry. I believe our CBs are not going to make any passes easy on jackson and that will frustrate them. Im going all in on this idea lol. If im wrong 🤷‍♂️

Yeah, if we beat Jackson, I believe it will be because of coverage. Once he doesn't know where to throw, he'll start to panic.

• Like 2

I know now multiple people on here have alluded to wanting it to rain heavy and to even be a mud bowl. But I TOTALLY disagree. That type of style favors a power running team with a QB with a strong arm. Our offense would be helpless and not be able to get much going. We do NOT need those types of conditions to win. I mean some rain is fine, but anything bad and it's more trouble for us than the Ravens. 

Bosa is a young player so it is understandable, but this guy doesn't always play his assignments on the read option and gets fooled by the PA. He will have to be on his game on Sunday and can't lose containment. Really interested in seeing the type of game plan Saleh comes up with. I would love to see a lot of four CB looks and three safety looks. Moseley is a great tackler and I think you can even play him inside on some dime looks. Doesn't just have to be Moore. Moseley/Williams may lack size, but both are as sure tacklers as there are at the CB position. 

Offensively, I'm also curious to see how Shanahan tries to attack this defense. Their corners and safety play is top notch. I mean it is pretty much a given our run game needs to get going but how do we attack them through the air? I really think we will have to implement some double moves to get Peters and the crew to bite and get some big plays that way. Going to be hard to just drop straight back against this defense and have success. They pretty much shut Watson/Goff/Brady down in the last month or no. Really impressive ball club all around. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

I know now multiple people on here have alluded to wanting it to rain heavy and to even be a mud bowl. But I TOTALLY disagree. That type of style favors a power running team with a QB with a strong arm. Our offense would be helpless and not be able to get much going. We do NOT need those types of conditions to win. I mean some rain is fine, but anything bad and it's more trouble for us than the Ravens. 

I want it to rain just the right amount of rain. Enough to maybe mitigate the rain some, but not make it impossible to throw. 

That being said, the competitor in me wants everyone at their best, so wants it sunshine and clear and may the best team win. 

2 hours ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

Offensively, I'm also curious to see how Shanahan tries to attack this defense. Their corners and safety play is top notch. I mean it is pretty much a given our run game needs to get going but how do we attack them through the air? I really think we will have to implement some double moves to get Peters and the crew to bite and get some big plays that way. Going to be hard to just drop straight back against this defense and have success. They pretty much shut Watson/Goff/Brady down in the last month or no. Really impressive ball club all around. 

I would be surprised if it's anything different. Our game plans offensively often take the safeties out of it, in my opinion. I was actually going to bring up the double moves on Peters too. I think that is an excellent idea to try and take advantage of Peters biting once or twice for the big game. I know that it's not often we throw deep, but I think that there could be a chance here if they want to leave Peters on an island. 

If we want to run the ball more effectively, we can't be giving Coleman 2:1 carry share. 

1 hour ago, Forge said:

I want it to rain just the right amount of rain. Enough to maybe mitigate the rain some, but not make it impossible to throw. 

That being said, the competitor in me wants everyone at their best, so wants it sunshine and clear and may the best team win. 

I would be surprised if it's anything different. Our game plans offensively often take the safeties out of it, in my opinion. I was actually going to bring up the double moves on Peters too. I think that is an excellent idea to try and take advantage of Peters biting once or twice for the big game. I know that it's not often we throw deep, but I think that there could be a chance here if they want to leave Peters on an island. 

If we want to run the ball more effectively, we can't be giving Coleman 2:1 carry share. 

Yeah, some rain is fine but QBs with big arms and a power run game is what heavy rain really favors...Just cold weather games period. Remember the playoff game in the freezing conditions at GB? Kap was built to throw and play in that weather and so was our offense. This offense though? Not so much. 

We have to find a way to generate big plays against this ball hawking defense. I'm hoping Breida plays but if he doesn't then Mostert needs more touches. He's just so damn good in this system and always has a high YPC average. 

8 hours ago, rudyZ said:

He doesn't take many good hits. And I'd rather beat him at the game of football than at the game of ligaments and tendons, and stuff like that. I don't know... feels a tad more sportsmanlike.

Well id rather have him hesitate to run and try to beat us with his arm.