Week 13 GDT - Baltimore Ravens vs San Francisco 49ers

J-ALL-DAY

5 minutes ago, oldman9er said:

He ran for 101 yds on 16 carries. 

So yeah.. he ran through our "elite" defense... sad to say. 

Yeah Jackson's passing was largely a non-factor today. His running (and Ingram at times) were the only offense they could muster

Edited by 49ersfan

5 minutes ago, oldman9er said:

All this game continued to spotlight, for me, was that we are a legit balanced team that can beat anyone at any time. 

This particular game was just a crap-show in a crap-land with a crap-result. Big whoop. 

Just want a healthy roster moving ahead. Seeding can kiss my arse.

Spoken like a man who has finished all his beer and sat on his oversized foam finger. You have got to be an Aussie or a fellow Brit, my friend. 

Just now, 757-NINER said:

Also would like to point out that Brunskill looked damn good@LT. Think we may have found a gem with him...

Yep. I was watching him closely after @y2lamanaki brought up the idea if possibly letting Staley go next year to afford AA, so I wanted to get a good look, and I thought he played very well in both pass pro and in the run game. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, oldman9er said:

He ran for 101 yds on 16 carries. 

So yeah.. he ran through our "elite" defense... sad to say. 

Held Ingram under 4 yards a carry though. You're not going to shut down every thing against their offense.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

So you can only have elite performances in wins? If you lose 3-0, that disqualifies the unit from being elite?

We can agree to disagree, but I'm not taking back by usage of "elite" in this scenario. 

Well, your usage was wrong. If you think our defensive performance today was indeed the best performance of any team this season, then I would disagree with that as well. If you don't think that our defensive performance was indeed the best performance of any team this season, then you shouldn't have called them ELITE. One turnover and zero meaningful sacks aren't the best sign of an ELITE performance.

Don't get me wrong. I'm not attacking you as a person. I enjoy your posts a lot. I just don't agree with the phrasing. Then again, bravado, exaggerations, and hyperbole are the norm in the country now, so maybe I am being nitpicky. 

Just now, 49ersfan said:

Yeah Jackson's passing was largely a non-factor today. His running (and Ingram too) were the only offense they could muster

.. and it seemed mostly because we failed to stay disciplined.. and "guessed wrong" (committed to RB) too often... letting LJ run wide and for many.

1 minute ago, uk9erfan said:

Spoken like a man who has finished all his beer and sat on his oversized foam finger. You have got to be an Aussie or a fellow Brit, my friend. 

I'll have you know, I have several beers remaining, and the pure will to finish em all.. so yes.. I'm showing some Irish. :o 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, struby3 said:

Well, your usage was wrong. If you think our defensive performance today was indeed the best performance of any team this season, then I would disagree with that as well. If you don't think that our defensive performance was indeed the best performance of any team this season, then you shouldn't have called them ELITE. One turnover and zero meaningful sacks aren't the best sign of an ELITE performance.

Don't get me wrong. I'm not attacking you as a person. I enjoy your posts a lot. I just don't agree with the phrasing. Then again, bravado, exaggerations, and hyperbole are the norm in the country now, so maybe I am being nitpicky. 

Struby if you're applying for the job of official 49er grammarian the job is safely yours 😉

1 minute ago, struby3 said:

Again, we can agree to disagree. I just think you have a little too high expectations on certain things. And that's fine. You can say only one turnover and zero meaningful sacks, but this team was coming in with TWO punts in the last three games.....both with RG3 at QB during garbage team. This team was coming in averaging 35 PPG for the season and 43 PPG the last three games and over 440 yards per game. I'm taking ALL that into consideration. This isn't us playing the Bengals and me saying this was an elite performance from our defense. You take the opponent and everything into consideration. The fact the Ravens with THIS high powered offense only put up 20 points and less than 300 yards, with 7 points coming off a short field, was as well as you can expect a defense to perform.

But hey, we can have different opinions, no problem with that. Didn't take anything you said personal. All good! 

1 minute ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

Again, we can agree to disagree. I just think you have a little too high expectations on certain things. And that's fine. You can say only one turnover and zero meaningful sacks, but this team was coming in with TWO punts in the last three games.....both with RG3 at QB during garbage team. This team was coming in averaging 35 PPG for the season and 43 PPG the last three games and over 440 yards per game. I'm taking ALL that into consideration. This isn't us playing the Bengals and me saying this was an elite performance from our defense. You take the opponent and everything into consideration. The fact the Ravens with THIS high powered offense only put up 20 points and less than 300 yards, with 7 points coming off a short field, was as well as you can expect a defense to perform.

But hey, we can have different opinions, no problem with that. Didn't take anything you said personal. All good! 

Peace, J!

Can't remember who mentioned it earlier but the real difficulty in containing Jackson in the running game is how difficult it is to tell who's actually got the ball at the hand-off. The Ravens do a brilliant job of disguising this and it confuses and throws off the timing of the defense. 

• Like 1

Just now, uk9erfan said:

Can't remember who mentioned it earlier but the real difficulty in containing Jackson in the running game is how difficult it is to tell who's actually got the ball at the hand-off. The Ravens do a brilliant job of disguising this and it confuses and throws off the timing of the defense. 

I don’t know stats for the year, but at least today it seemed like 80% of the time the QB kept the ball. Would have loved to have seen Armstead accidentally go straight at Lamar and hit him rather than going after the RB each time. 

• Like 1