Week 13 GDT: Browns-Steelers II. and the Depodesta Code

Mind Character

8 minutes ago, NateDawg said:

PSA for any Ohioans: If you are not already in Ohio State fan, that is the safe in-state bet. The Browns will typically let you down. Never live your life expecting anything but disappointment from Cleveland. One day we will reap the unexpected successes. The off-season hype leading into this season is a swift reminder of that for all of us.

For real thank goodness for thee Ohio State. Btw not to act all eeyore on everybody I’ve got a hit and miss story for that too. What a weekend...

1 minute ago, Bonanza23 said:

For real thank goodness for thee Ohio State. Btw not to act all eeyore on everybody I’ve got a hit and miss story for that too. What a weekend...

Imagine being a Lions/UM fan. 

I’m making myself feel better about today already.

• Like 3

This will get lost amidst all the complaining but it's not like years past people.

Others have said it. This should be a run first team. You take the ball out of Bakers hands on those bad plays and there's a better chance we win this one. 

However then we'd be playing not to lose and I hate that approach. Baker just needs to use the xp to know the right thing to do in the future. 

Even knowing the result, the steelers, playing at their ceiling, were a Landry/harris drop away from probably heading to overtime despite all of our mistakes. 

Just like a dozen other teams chilling around 8-8 there's not all that much hope or excitement without a QB like Baker.

He needs to be able to progress to the point of basically running his own offense. When he does get there he's got the resiliency and accuracy to be in the top tier. 

Patience. Lets see how he and the team responds. It's just scouting. 

I for one am glad baker is still able to play. Any other year with or past qbs on banged up teams we wouldn't have been able to even compete. With Baker its eh a couple plays he does a little different and we probably win. 

• Like 3

We dont have the run blocking to be a run 1st team, especially the right side teller doesnt shift people, or hubbard. Too many blocks arent finished either, chubb was like baker today always felt like there were 2-3 steelers there. 

We needed to het the ball in the hands of chubb and hunt more, our screen game has gone to crap

8 hours ago, buno67 said:

Being our 3rd best means nothing when the browns only have 2 good lineman 

I get that, but it’s not like there are an excess of good OT’s.  Just about every team in the league is looking for one.

Even if we sign a FA to replace Hubbard, draft a G on day 1-2 to play RG and draft a LT on day 1-2, Robinson should still be brought back as the presumed starter until the rookie proves he’s at least competent.

I mean, do you blindly trust Dorsey to spot an OL?  I sure as hell don’t....

• Like 1

3 hours ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

I get that, but it’s not like there are an excess of good OT’s.  Just about every team in the league is looking for one.

Even if we sign a FA to replace Hubbard, draft a G on day 1-2 to play RG and draft a LT on day 1-2, Robinson should still be brought back as the presumed starter until the rookie proves he’s at least competent.

I mean, do you blindly trust Dorsey to spot an OL?  I sure as hell don’t....

If the opportunity pops up to potentially replace, I would want them to look at it. Don’t want them to just assume they are good at LT. Just wish we could have seen Forbes some point this year but it doesn’t look like it

53 minutes ago, buno67 said:

If the opportunity pops up to potentially replace, I would want them to look at it. Don’t want them to just assume they are good at LT. Just wish we could have seen Forbes some point this year but it doesn’t look like it

I agree with that.

What I meant by Robison being our 3rd best lineman was more or less along the lines of that also then makes him our 3rd highest priority to replace.

If there’s a chance to upgrade (trade for Williams perhaps?) go for it.  But good to great LT’s don’t grow on trees and if we don’t have the opportunity to snag an obvious upgrade, I don’t think you push the issue.  He’s not really that bad.

Fix RT and RG first imo.