2 Rounder Final Draft @ 2020.. w/explanations & a couple trades

Giants4eva

• 2 months later...

18- Miami Dolphins - DL Javon Kinlaw / South Carolina

This without a doubt CAN NEVER BE ALLOWED TO HAPPEN.  If Kinlaw falls to the Falcons at 16 he HAS TO BE the pick as DT is one of if not our biggest need next to Grady Jarrett and Kinlaw is a top 5 to 10 player in this draft and is hands down the BPA on the board at one of our biggest needs.   I like Epenesa but him and Kinlaw to me are not of the same caliber of player and Kinlaw is a tier above him.  Even more so after Epenesa's combine which doesn't really bother me to much but it will have some effect on his status.   He can't be in the same breath as Kinlaw or going before him i just can't see it.    Either way as i said before if any of these 4 guys by some miracle make it to the Falcons  Young, Simmons, Brown, or Kinlaw   theirs no other choice to be made they need to be a Falcons player.  Im not even against trading up for any of them depending how far we need to trade up for each.   Young and Simmons im willing to go top 5 for  Brown im willing to go to 9th or so and Kinlaw anything from 11 to 14 im interested for solid value.

On 11/26/2019 at 12:57 PM, Giants4eva said:

30- Green Bay Packers - QB Jordan Love / Utah State

The first real shocker of the draft. Yes i believe Rodgers heir apparent gets taken here. And why not? The Packers are in the enviable position of going BPA. Love has had many comparisons to Pat Mahomes. The Packers have the ideal situation to nurture this kid. Yes this can actually happen. 

I'd put maybe a ~1% chance of this actually happening.  Financially speaking, Aaron Rodgers has 2 years minimum before the Packers realistically look to move on from him.  At that point, they've used up 2 of the potentially 5 cost-controlled years.  So essentially you're eating up half of Love's rookie contracts.  Unless the Packers are absolutely convinced they've got Mahomes 2.0 here, I think they're going another direction.

13 hours ago, FalconFan13 said:

18- Miami Dolphins - DL Javon Kinlaw / South Carolina

This without a doubt CAN NEVER BE ALLOWED TO HAPPEN.  If Kinlaw falls to the Falcons at 16 he HAS TO BE the pick as DT is one of if not our biggest need next to Grady Jarrett and Kinlaw is a top 5 to 10 player in this draft and is hands down the BPA on the board at one of our biggest needs.   I like Epenesa but him and Kinlaw to me are not of the same caliber of player and Kinlaw is a tier above him.  Even more so after Epenesa's combine which doesn't really bother me to much but it will have some effect on his status.   He can't be in the same breath as Kinlaw or going before him i just can't see it.    Either way as i said before if any of these 4 guys by some miracle make it to the Falcons  Young, Simmons, Brown, or Kinlaw   theirs no other choice to be made they need to be a Falcons player.  Im not even against trading up for any of them depending how far we need to trade up for each.   Young and Simmons im willing to go top 5 for  Brown im willing to go to 9th or so and Kinlaw anything from 11 to 14 im interested for solid value.

There's also no way the Giants select Daniel Jones over Josh Allen right ? it can happen. From talent standpoint i see Kinlaw and Epenesa being close but with Kinlaw having a slight edge. But from positional i see Epenesa getting to the QB alot more than i do Kinlaw. Edge vs. Int. Dline i had to go with Epenesa. 

10 hours ago, Giants4eva said:

There's also no way the Giants select Daniel Jones over Josh Allen right ? it can happen. From talent standpoint i see Kinlaw and Epenesa being close but with Kinlaw having a slight edge. But from positional i see Epenesa getting to the QB alot more than i do Kinlaw. Edge vs. Int. Dline i had to go with Epenesa. 

I think you are misunderstanding the difference between saying it can't happen and that it never should be allowed to happen.  Saying it can't happen would be completely wrong because it damn sure can.  Saying it never should be allowed to happen is more so saying that if it does that would be a highly dumb thing to do by the team making that choice.   Also you see Epenesa and Kinlaw much more differently than i do it seems if you put them close right now as to me Kinlaw is a top 10 guy and Epenesa is lucky if we take him in the top 20.  I also value DT more than you i think as i would much rather have a pass rushing pocket pushing DT that can get like 6 to 8 sacks and stop the run well than a Edge rusher that can get 8 to 10 sacks and can contain a bit on the edge.   If i don't see a edge rusher as a 12 to 15+ sack guy potential on a yearly basis i'll take the more talented DT every single time if i have a need at both positions.   I actually do like Epenesa but i would be kidding myself if i thought or expected him to give me double digit sacks and a few years of 13 to 15 a year. I just don't think thats his game and don't think he has a very high ceiling to reach that.   I actually think Kinlaw has a better chance to reach as many Sacks as Epenesa on a yearly basis than i would Epenesa reaching 13 to 15 sacks a year.

• 2 weeks later...
On 3/15/2020 at 1:13 AM, FalconFan13 said:

I think you are misunderstanding the difference between saying it can't happen and that it never should be allowed to happen.  Saying it can't happen would be completely wrong because it damn sure can.  Saying it never should be allowed to happen is more so saying that if it does that would be a highly dumb thing to do by the team making that choice.   Also you see Epenesa and Kinlaw much more differently than i do it seems if you put them close right now as to me Kinlaw is a top 10 guy and Epenesa is lucky if we take him in the top 20.  I also value DT more than you i think as i would much rather have a pass rushing pocket pushing DT that can get like 6 to 8 sacks and stop the run well than a Edge rusher that can get 8 to 10 sacks and can contain a bit on the edge.   If i don't see a edge rusher as a 12 to 15+ sack guy potential on a yearly basis i'll take the more talented DT every single time if i have a need at both positions.   I actually do like Epenesa but i would be kidding myself if i thought or expected him to give me double digit sacks and a few years of 13 to 15 a year. I just don't think thats his game and don't think he has a very high ceiling to reach that.   I actually think Kinlaw has a better chance to reach as many Sacks as Epenesa on a yearly basis than i would Epenesa reaching 13 to 15 sacks a year.

After signing Fowler, i see Kinlaw as the guy now. 

Why wouldn't the Lions just accept the Chargers offer? Which is a better deal? That doesn't make much sense tbh. If the Chargers are interested in moving up as well, that would create a bidding war and DET would likely get a better offer than the bare minimum you have them accepting now. Just a thought. 

On 11/26/2019 at 12:57 PM, Giants4eva said:

32- KC Chiefs - RB D'Andre Swift / Georgia

Very poor choice. None of the RB in this draft are worth the #32 pick to the team. Shady McCoy was not even active for the Super Bowl, yet the team came close to leading the game in rushing. RB might be on the gameplan, but it is not a priority.

CB and DT are priorities. Re-signing Bashaud Breeland would calm the situation in the secondary and re-signing Chris Jones would settle the DL. However, neither has happened yet. Re-signing Chris Jones is unlikely prior to the draft. That would be the top priority for me. IOL and ILB are also needs for later picks.

J

• 3 weeks later...