2 Rounder Final Draft @ 2020.. w/explanations & a couple trades

Giants4eva

On 3/14/2020 at 2:02 AM, CWood21 said:

I'd put maybe a ~1% chance of this actually happening.  Financially speaking, Aaron Rodgers has 2 years minimum before the Packers realistically look to move on from him.  At that point, they've used up 2 of the potentially 5 cost-controlled years.  So essentially you're eating up half of Love's rookie contracts.  Unless the Packers are absolutely convinced they've got Mahomes 2.0 here, I think they're going another direction.

Hah i shouldve stuck with my original mock on this one. That less than 1% happened

On 4/20/2020 at 9:55 AM, onejayhawk said:

Not good. You still have a RB going to the Chiefs in round one, after they made a significant FA signing. 

J

Yes u are right. A RB is a bad pick especially the one u just took LOL

Edited by Giants4eva

48 minutes ago, Giants4eva said:

Yes u are right. A RB is a bad pick especially the one u just took LOL

It's definitely not a need pick.

They may be trying for another Kareem Hunt. DEH does a lot of the little stuff very well, like Hunt did. He blocks well, holds onto the ball, runs good routes, gets yards after the catch and does well on short yardage. That makes him a nice compliment to a speed guy like Williams. 

We'll see. It could also be a money thing. Most of the RB are only on one year contracts. In 2021 it could be DEH, Darwin Thompson (two rookie contracts) and the FB. Also, Williams has trade value. A guy that gets 133 yards and 2 TD on the 49ers is marketable. 

J