Who is the most underrated player of the decade?

Cheesehawk

14 minutes ago, BleedTheClock said:

Bobby Wagner is so freaking good. I feel like he’s never really gotten his due. The dude is elite and when people think of Seattles defense from this era, he’ll be down on the list from what I’m gathering. 

I think Wagner definitely has gotten his due the last few years.

I would say Jurrell Casey.  He has been a top 5, if not top 3, interior players for a long time and yet gets nothing close to the attention of the other guys.  Even less than guys like Danielle Hunter who are excellent as well.  

• Like 3

Linebacker Ben Leber for the Vikings. EXTREMELY underrated. I think PFF even had one of his games in 2008 as one of their best performances ever for a linebacker since 2006. 

Ben Leber also was the number 1 linebacker from 2008-2010 for pass rushing productivity.

Edited by french t0ast

43 minutes ago, DABEARSLCF04 said:

My homer pick. Charles Peanut Tillman.  He was great but i dont think the rest of non Bear fans saw him as a top 10 corner at his peak.

Still no one was better at punching the ball out though.

i loved tillman he was awesome and very underrated

1 hour ago, DABEARSLCF04 said:

My homer pick. Charles Peanut Tillman.  He was great but i dont think the rest of non Bear fans saw him as a top 10 corner at his peak.

Still no one was better at punching the ball out though.

1 hour ago, french t0ast said:

Linebacker Ben Leber for the Vikings. EXTREMELY underrated. I think PFF even had one of his games in 2008 as one of their best performances ever for a linebacker since 2006. 

Ben Leber also was the number 1 linebacker from 2008-2010 for pass rushing productivity.

As a Packers fan, these are both excellent picks.  I hated both of them in the most respectful way.  

• Like 2

Can I just nominate guards?

A RB runs through a wide open hole for about 7 yards before he is touched and then he does a little dance and the announcers kiss his butt...

No mention of the O-line who did all the work. The worst case of this was 'stand still and wait for a hole' LeVeon and the Steelers O-line.

Guys who do get recognition like Nelson or Yanda might get a mention a few times a game compared to 15 for the runner.

Did you even know that Yanda is a 7x pro bowl guard?  I didn't.

Honorable mention. Space eaters like Haloti Ngata or 3-4 down lineman who do the dirty work so the LBs can roam free to crush people and get on ESPN.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Ragnarok said:

I think Wagner definitely has gotten his due the last few years.

I would say Jurrell Casey.  He has been a top 5, if not top 3, interior players for a long time and yet gets nothing close to the attention of the other guys.  Even less than guys like Danielle Hunter who are excellent as well.  

I would also say geno atkins...   hes been one of the top dts and doesn't get credit

• Like 1