Who is the most underrated player of the decade?

Cheesehawk

On 11/26/2019 at 8:20 PM, RuskieTitan said:

I'd agree. He's one of the elite pass rushers, but ever since he got traded to the Cardinals no one really talks about him, probably cuz the Cardinals have sucked so much.

He's been way more impactful for the Cardinals than he ever was for the Patriots.  Ironically he was the 'missing piece' when they traded for him and they've sucked ever since.

On 11/29/2019 at 10:02 PM, Ragnarok said:

I think Wagner definitely has gotten his due the last few years.

I would say Jurrell Casey.  He has been a top 5, if not top 3, interior players for a long time and yet gets nothing close to the attention of the other guys.  Even less than guys like Danielle Hunter who are excellent as well.  

If he was a good player, he has to be the winner.  I've never even heard of the guy.  How does that happen?

On 11/26/2019 at 4:28 PM, ET80 said:

Andre Johnson. He was a dominant WR, arguably top 3 during his run - but people were too obsessed with Randy Moss, Terrell Owens, Calvin Johnson, etc.

He never got Tds. He was the Steven Jackson of Rbs. Crazy productive just allergic to the red zone. Can’t even mention QBs because Matt Schaub was a baller and Megatron had Kitna and some hot garbage. 

On 11/29/2019 at 8:02 PM, Ragnarok said:

I think Wagner definitely has gotten his due the last few years.

I would say Jurrell Casey.  He has been a top 5, if not top 3, interior players for a long time and yet gets nothing close to the attention of the other guys.  Even less than guys like Danielle Hunter who are excellent as well.  

That’s bevause the guys of ahead were/are pretty god like. Aaron Donald-Patrick Willis. 

Patrick Willis greatness still lies in my head. Imo haven’t seen a better LB since the early 2ks. Including Urlacher and Zach Thomas. 

Edited by ITS_RAMMY_PLAYBOI
  • Like 1

On 11/26/2019 at 6:51 PM, candyman93 said:

Phil Dawson is the greatest terrible weather kicker I’ve ever seen. He will never be mentioned with Adam V or Tucker, but he was money when needed.

God I wish our current team had him and Joe T :(

Oh man, you could see the wind starting to take that first one right from the start.  Snow on the ground too.  He had to be good if he could make them in those conditions!

56 minutes ago, ITS_RAMMY_PLAYBOI said:

He never got Tds. He was the Steven Jackson of Rbs. Crazy productive just allergic to the red zone. Can’t even mention QBs because Matt Schaub was a baller and Megatron had Kitna and some hot garbage. 

It's similar to Julio Jones. Both were/are working in variants of Mike Shanahan offenses (Kyle Shanahan was the OC for both). Both have every legitimate tool to score big in the RZ, but neither did. It's the only real logical conclusion I can come to for both guys.

It's a legitimate criticism of his career, but I think it's more about the scheme that Julio/AJ played in.