Lamar Jackson

Slingin' Sammy

52 minutes ago, Matts4313 said:

96%?

Do if the offense did 6K, you are saying the RBs accounted for 240 yards?

on 7k, they rushed for 280 yards?

Yes, in 2017 Russell Wilson led the seahawks in rushing with 586 yards. The next closest rusher to him was Mike Davis with 240 yards on the season. Russell Wilson's  4,575 total yards were 86.55% of Seattle's total offensive yards. I'm not sure where that ranks all-time, but it HAS to be near the highest ever.

https://www.pro-football-reference.com/teams/sea/2017.htm

• Like 1

1 minute ago, AFlaccoSeagulls said:

Yes, in 2017 Russell Wilson led the seahawks in rushing with 586 yards. The next closest rusher to him was Mike Davis with 240 yards on the season. Russell Wilson's  4,575 total yards were 86.55% of Seattle's total offensive yards. I'm not sure where that ranks all-time, but it HAS to be near the highest ever.

86 is not 96

1 minute ago, AFlaccoSeagulls said:

That’s an insane statistic. I had no idea of this stat. Have to believe that’s got to be the highest percentage.. in the SB era at least.

2 hours ago, AFlaccoSeagulls said:

For the record, the number should probably be a little bit lower. Doesn't count his sack yardage for Wilson, but does for the team, so it's giving him credit for like 110% of the team's passing yards. Which just seems weird.

Crazy impressive still, just something that always bothered me.

• Like 2

On 11/29/2019 at 2:44 PM, topwop1 said:

My point is that it's the flavor of the month kind of talk with these guys.  People saying Mahomes was the best young QB after killing it last season and now Lamar is the best based on this season.  Just saying people need to slow down. 

Let's see how these guys do over 2-3-4 seasons of starting. 

Absolutely. 

You could fill the page with the names of QB's that started out like pocket rockets only to fade way. RGIII, Kaepernick, Bridgewater, Brunell, to name a few. And also QBs that win the MVP, go to SB and then fade quickly like Newton and Ryan (maybe not ryan so much)

One season does not make him HOF, even if he goes on to win the MVP and SB. Time will tell.

No one with a functioning brain is talking about him making the HOF right now.

He's on pace to put up one of the best season EVER by any player, so it's cool to just take a step back and recognize that. That's what separates him from the guys you listed.

Newton and Ryan have had good careers, so if Lamar ends up in that category I'll be just fine with that result. If he wins the MVP and SB, I couldn't care less what the rest of career looks like.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, M.10.E said:

No one with a functioning brain is talking about him making the HOF right now.

He's on pace to put up one of the best season EVER by any player, so it's cool to just take a step back and recognize that. That's what separates him from the guys you listed.

Newton and Ryan have had good careers, so if Lamar ends up in that category I'll be just fine with that result. If he wins the MVP and SB, I couldn't care less what the rest of career looks like.

Please tell me you're joking. LOL

You want the Ravs to be in the hunt in the draft in 2 years? gad.

1 minute ago, Split the Sticks said:

Please tell me you're joking. LOL

You want the Ravs to be in the hunt in the draft in 2 years? gad.

The Patriots really have ruined/skewed how hard it is to win a Superbowl.

Edited by M.10.E
  • Like 3

8 hours ago, M.10.E said:

The Patriots really have ruined/skewed how hard it is to win a Superbowl.

right. you can't just project out into 10-15 years even if you find you're guy. Like Philip Rivers was the guy, but he hasn't been to any super bowls and has only been to 1 AFC Championship despite never really missing any games.

• Like 2