Lamar Jackson

Slingin' Sammy

12 hours ago, wwhickok said:

1st of all I wanna say that I was wrong about Lamar Jackson over all so far. I did not believe that the ravens could be in successful as they are doing what they're doing.

Here is my issue however, Lamar Jackson is pretty much the league's most recent version of RG3 however I will say that Lamar Jackson is a bit more talented however Lamar Jackson does what he does behind a much much better off ends of line then RG3 had in my opinion and if you watch these games Baltimore is plain lamaur Jackson does a really good job to make sure that hes not getting hit cleanly. RG3 got absolutely pounded as a rookie despite how much he ran the football he got here over and over again and it basically derailed his career his development process with thrown completely out the window because he was seriously injured in the playoffs or prior to that I forget when the me injury actually happened. I'm not saying that Lamar Jackson won't continue to be 6 of for what I am saying is the defenses will figure out in the future how to better defend him maybe not this season but in the off season I feel like teams make it a point just like they did with RG3 and Russell Wilson and other running quarterbacks they figure out a way to change their defense and their mentality on defense to address guys like Lamar Jackson what we are seen right now in my opinion is the peak of the Baltimore Ravens are fans of potential with Lamar Jackson leading the oftens I don't believe moving forward it will be this dominant it may still be very very good but I don't believe we will see a repeat of this even from Lamar Jackson. That doesnt mean he doesnt deserve to be celebrated this sesson.

Agree 100%... I don’t fault Ravens fans one bit for arguing this is just the beginning, and that side of argument has plenty of good points, but I also feel we are kind of seeing his peak... at least in his current form. Operating a dominant offense that is built off his running. I predict Ds to figure this offense out, and he has to adjust...

That being said he’s young, can make any throw, so certainly possible he indeed adjusts and becomes like Russell Wilson or Steve Young down the line, excellent passers who can also run. 

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
1 hour ago, KingOfTheDot said:

He who laughs last.....laughs best 

Confused as to why you’re laughing, even in this performance where he totaled 508 yards of offense with 3 TOs, Lamar had a better playoff performance than Darnold has ever had.... xD

Yeah you’re right about this laughing best thing.

Edited by diamondbull424
  • Like 1

34 minutes ago, diamondbull424 said:

Confused as to why you’re laughing, even in this performance where he totaled 508 yards of offense with 3 TOs, Lamar had a better playoff performance than Darnold has ever had.... xD

Yeah you’re right about this laughing best thing.

Darnold has nothing to do with this. 

Jackson went 31/59 52.5% completion percentage. 6.1 YPA and 2 interceptions along with a fumble lost. 

If you think he had a good game then you’re delusional. 

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, tyler735 said:

Lol in typical nfl gen fashion the forum completely overreacts to a single game performance

Not at all, most of us called this happening when he was forced to win from the pocket. 

However this is good for him, something else to work on and take his game to next level. 

• Like 2

Just now, Elky said:

Well this now the second time Lamar crapped the bed in the playoffs.

Yeah definitely this 22 year old QB that just put up 500 yards of offense against a team that just shut down the Patriots last week is definitely destined to fail now. Probably should just disregard that whole electrifying MVP season he just had then too?

5 hours ago, tyler735 said:

Yeah definitely this 22 year old QB that just put up 500 yards of offense against a team that just shut down the Patriots last week is definitely destined to fail now. Probably should just disregard that whole electrifying MVP season he just had then too?

He put up 500 yards because it was garbage time in the 4th.

Shutting down our offense is not that much of an accomplishment. Our WRs couldn't get separation against my grandmother's skeleton.

Lamar is a gimmicky player that wowed everyone because he had a flukey season ala Cam Newton 2015.

I'm gonna lol when people call him a mediocre quarterback because he inevitably regresses next season and doesn't win games in fantasy football.

Edited by Elky
  • Like 2

Don't think Lamar was great tonight but he certainly wasn't the reason we lost, and more than that he was one of like 5 guys who actually showed up to play. If the coaching staff doesn't abandon the run or literally anybody could catch other than Hollywood maybe it's a different game, but alas it didn't happen. There were two series in the 2nd half where he was pressing too much trying to get us back into the game and made some dumb mistakes but that was also the culmination of him getting boned by his receivers and OC one too many times. Saw some of the downsides of how uber-competitive/emotional he can sometimes get in those moments but all in all he was the same gamer and ready born leader you want and I'm ok with him being mad and motivated for another offseason after seeing what last year did for him. 

Ultimately tonight moreso reinforced to me that we need to give Lamar real weapons to work with because come playoff time Willie Snead and Seth Roberts are gonna let you down if they're the guys you're counting on. 

But I do get it, some of you guys have been waiting all year to yell about Lamar and this is the closest we'll get so we have to pretend this was on him. Shoutout to the saddest Jets fan in the world, I hope one day you all can make it to the divisional round again too. 

Edited by BaltimoreTerp
  • Like 2

6 minutes ago, Elky said:

He put up 500 yards because it was garbage time in the 4th.

Shutting down our offense is not that much of an accomplishment. My grandmother's corpse would have been contributive compared to the receivers we have.

Yep seems reasonable..