Lamar Jackson

Slingin' Sammy

18 minutes ago, Thelonebillsfan said:

Lol this is some phrenology *** stuff right here.

You can't read body language, you can't judge another human being you literally have never met and likely will never meet through a TV set. It's insane that fans ever think they understand the intangibles part of the game and how confident some are in projecting it. You have no idea who Lamar Jackson is as a person or a teammate. Stop pretending that you do, it's the height of pretension and arrogance to think that from the comfort of your couch.

some of this is right, some of this is wrong. you absolutely can read body language, its foolish to think you cant. he was at times upset and frustrated, but that doesnt mean he didnt let it go 30 seconds later nor is it bad that he was those things. neither of them suggest hes a poor leader.

2 minutes ago, Thelonebillsfan said:

Cowherd is such a bad troll, hes dollar store Skeeeeeyip.

Man the replies to that tweet are all divorced dads saying stuff like 'all you got to do is make him throw it'. Like that strategy had been singularly overlooked by the coaches of every team he's stomped through this year. 

2 minutes ago, goldfishwars said:

Man the replies to that tweet are all divorced dads saying stuff like 'all you got to do is make him throw it'. Like that strategy had been singularly overlooked by the coaches of every team he's stomped through this year. 

He carved teams like a Turkey from the pocket this year lol. It's so dumb.

Tbh I feel bad for Derrick Henry, having the best playoffs for a RB... ever. And all people talk about is "Oh Tom Brady" "Oh Lamar Jackson". Like this dude isn't just a man among boys out there.

Edited by Thelonebillsfan
  • Like 3

5 hours ago, Nabbs4u said:

League MVP's rarely win the SB in the same season. Odds were stacked against him and the Ravens this was going to happen at some point regardless. Everyone just thought it would be much much later in January!!

Phenomenal Season 

They almost never do. The last was Kurt Warner in '99

Some people are being way too hard on Lamar, and some people are letting him off way too easily. I think the reality is somewhere in between.

I try to stay level-headed in evaluating games like these, and thought had a pretty terrible night. I don’t really care what his final stats were, or how many yards he compiled. The Titans and the game flow essentially put him in a situation that he was forced to throw out of, and he didn’t deliver. His throws consistently wobbled, his ball placement was poor on a ton of throws, left a clean pocket on numerous occasions, and he had some instances when his awareness was downright bad (double clutch fumble). Being down 14-0 early in a playoff game isn’t easy for any young QB, but I think you’d like to see him show a little more. 

This is the first time I can remember watching Lamar face the legitimate in-game adversity of having to carry the team without a functioning running game, and it wasn’t a good look. He wasn’t his usual self. How much of Lamar is dependent on that running game? How much of the blame falls on the way the way the Ravens are built (to run the ball)? How effective is Lamar solely from the pocket? Was is just an off night by a very young, inexperienced QB, or a glimpse of something more? I think these are reasonable questions to be asking. 

• Like 10

Lamar was terrifying in the first quarter before that 50 yarder TD in the 2nd that deflated every Raven. 

it's a scary thing as a defender; that the QB you're supposed to be chasing isn't running from you.

Wish I had a time stamp from the 1st where he broke out of the pocket to the right and he lined up against someone 10 yards ahead and stopped because the defender didn't commit and they just stared at each other for an eternity without moving. If I'm that guy, I'm like /side eye shiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiit guys I need some help over here.

1 hour ago, goldfishwars said:

Imagine any GM pouring themselves a cocktail at home, with their team out of the playoffs, to pat themselves on the back for not drafting the league MVP.

I don't know man.  A rookie QB struggling in the playoffs after his first full year as a starter is unprecedented.  I mean, if Lamar was any kind of decent QB, the Ravens would have marched right on to the Super Bowl, just like the Chiefs did last year. 

Cowherd's a dummy.

• Like 4

ET80 likes that because the unspoken followup to "just like the Chiefs did last year" is "and the Texans the year before that."

Deshaun better pull out some magic today man.  I want that AFCS Championship game.

Edited by Daniel

1 hour ago, Thelonebillsfan said:

Lol this is some phrenology *** stuff right here.

You can't read body language, you can't judge another human being you literally have never met and likely will never meet through a TV set. It's insane that fans ever think they understand the intangibles part of the game and how confident some are in projecting it. You have no idea who Lamar Jackson is as a person or a teammate. Stop pretending that you do, it's the height of pretension and arrogance to think that from the comfort of your couch.

While I agree 99% of the time, Jackson had some serious Eli face going on last night. 

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Kirill said:

The main thing I was disappointed about with Lamar's performance against Tennessee and what he needs to improve most on this offseason was his lack of leadership. When the Titans went up 14-0 I expected Lamar to be walking around the sidelines getting guys pumped up. Instead he looked dejected and more concerned about the backlash and criticism that would come with another playoff loss. Thats not a winning mindset. I've read Lamar keeps stock of everyone thats ever doubted him. He should probably just stop caring about the doubters and lock in and focus on whatever will lead to playoff success, not praise.

One easy thing he could do is stop mentioning the super bowl so much. He mentions it every chance he gets and it rubs off on his teammates. Dude, every one wants to win the super bowl. One day at a time.

I thought this too. There was a lot of ground thumping, ref questioning, looking dejected etc at times where BAL weren't out of it yet. Not good from your MVP/QB/Talisman 

He's obviously a good leader, I'm not questioning that. And he wasn't as sulky as Cam got at times lol

Edited by Hunter2_1

1 hour ago, goldfishwars said:

Divorced dads are his exact market. Colin mentions his divorce every chance he can shoe-horn it in. Carrying a massive chip around which translate to his terrible, terrible banter.

I do think he's right on Baker and Freddie most of the time though....

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, Daniel said:

I don't know man.  A rookie QB struggling in the playoffs after his first full year as a starter is unprecedented.  I mean, if Lamar was any kind of decent QB, the Ravens would have marched right on to the Super Bowl, just like the Chiefs did last year. 

Cowherd's a dummy.

Um, Patrick Mahomes was one epic Tom Brady OT drive away from reaching the Super Bowl. And he actually won a playoff game too.

• Like 1