Lamar Jackson

Slingin' Sammy

6 minutes ago, wwhickok said:

This is just a bogus comment. He is a bust based on what? The fact he came into the playoffs for the first time and didnt perform like he has been there for the tenth time?

He lacks a certain physical attribute most QBs have and some fans can’t get over it and root for him to fail.

028ayc01cda41.jpg

Edited by ThatJaxxenGuy

22 minutes ago, ThatJaxxenGuy said:

9 runs by running backs from the most productive regular season rushing attack of all time. Lamar may not have been electric (though I see momentum killing drops as the main problem with the air attack), but the Ravens completely abandoned what got them their offensively. 

Somehow, I think the Titans had something to do with that...

• Like 1

Doesn't matter how good a quarterback is. No QB (even Brady) has been good enough to not have a playoff exit (or miss) as the most likely end to a season. It's rare to see any QB have the type of run where they play exceptionally well in all 3-4 playoff games and win the SB and that's going to still be highly dependent on the rest of the team bringing their A game.

The Ravens are super lucky to have Lamar at such a young age. He'll put them back in position to have a chance to pull of the run needed for a championship. Seeing how much he improved after his first offseason and even during this year, it's going to be fun to watch what he can become.

6 minutes ago, Nex_Gen said:

Somehow, I think the Titans had something to do with that...

The Titans had absolutely nothing to do with the Ravens abandoning their running game and identity. Ravens were down by 8 in the 3rd quarter, and still pretended like they were down 30.

Mark Ingram was at 3.7 YPA (Derrick Henry was sitting at 4 for most of the game)

Gus Edwards was at 6.7 YPA

The Ravens never even tried to run the ball with them to keep the offense in rhythm.

2 minutes ago, BlaqOptic said:

I'm a lamar supporter, but I do find it funny that after having to hear how great he is all season, all of a sudden Lamar is not able to be criticized.

A lot of the criticism amounts to “He sucks and can’t throw because I don’t like him.” From people who have been waiting 12 weeks licking their chops for a bad game. Valid criticism and discussion is one thing but when it’s just blind hate? What’s the basis?

• Like 2

1 minute ago, AFlaccoSeagulls said:

The Titans had absolutely nothing to do with the Ravens abandoning their running game and identity. Ravens were down by 8 in the 3rd quarter, and still pretended like they were down 30.

Mark Ingram was at 3.7 YPA (Derrick Henry was sitting at 4 for most of the game)

Gus Edwards was at 6.7 YPA

The Ravens never even tried to run the ball with them to keep the offense in rhythm.

And really they should’ve benched Ingram after the first half. The team was clearly playing better with Gus and Hill in the game.

Just now, diamondbull424 said:

And really they should’ve benched Ingram after the first half. The team was clearly playing better with Gus and Hill in the game.

Absolutely. He was basically a decoy out there, but let's also be honest - how much conclusion can we draw from Ingram getting 6 total carries and almost averaging 4 yards a clip? There's basically no sample size for any of our RB's because we handed it off to them 9 total times.

5 minutes ago, BlaqOptic said:

I'm a lamar supporter, but I do find it funny that after having to hear how great he is all season, all of a sudden Lamar is not able to be criticized.

Plenty of things to realistically criticize Lamar for last night:

• Trying to force things
  • Awareness in the pocket when scrambling
  • Decision making

Things you can't realistically criticize him for:

• He can't throw from the pocket
  • He can't throw period

I'm not sure what else there is to criticize him for. He had a bad game, he was clearly off and his play showed it. But overall the entire team folded and Lamar was literally the entire offense all night long. You put that much pressure on a 22 year old QB who isn't having his best night anyways and yeah it'll fold just about anyone, just like it folded Lamar last night.

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, BlaqOptic said:

Of course he can. Just like any other QB. Now if you're yelling he's a RB and he's teh suckz...well you're just letting out all the hate that has been there for 16 wks.

30 minutes ago, wwhickok said:

This is just a bogus comment. He is a bust based on what? The fact he came into the playoffs for the first time and didnt perform like he has been there for the tenth time?

This is why they call me the master baiter

10 minutes ago, BlaqOptic said:

I see most criticizing Lamar vs his surrounding talent and coaching. Mainly Ravens fans I feel are arguing something along the lines of Lamar played somewhere between poorly to average considering his receivers failing.

6 minutes ago, AFlaccoSeagulls said:

Absolutely. He was basically a decoy out there, but let's also be honest - how much conclusion can we draw from Ingram getting 6 total carries and almost averaging 4 yards a clip? There's basically no sample size for any of our RB's because we handed it off to them 9 total times.

True. But just looking at Ingram he wasn’t running violent. Looked like he was running soft, he is 30 and with an injury like the one he had... have to wonder if he should no longer be the primary back going into next season to keep him FRESH for the playoffs. We’ve seen that Gus can be a legit primary back. Have no idea why this coaching staff refuses to allow a true RB rotation where they give the ball to the hot hand, it’s so friggin annoying. If this is how they’re going to play than we need a truly elite back who you can just continue to feed vs a bunch of backs.

Nobody should be bashing Lamar because he struggled in the playoffs. He had a fantastic season and you saw him take a giant step from last season to this season. I think fans short for "fanatic" can get crazy when it comes to sports. Ill keep saying it, its hard to win the NFL. Thats why when someone criticize a player like Goff Im sitting back saying didnt he just lead his team to the Superbowl last season? Thats not easy to do because we see QBs like Brees who has only been to one Superbowl and that was a decade ago. ARod has been to one Superbowl and that was 9 years ago. So we should appreciate success because its not easy as it looks. Again Lamar had a heck of a season but this one playoff game shouldnt define him. Hopefully he can learn from this and get better going into next season and beyond.

Now with all that being said, I do agree that we can look and say what he didnt do right and what the team as didnt do right. We can all agree that when you dont have a running game how many QBs can carry a team on his back and win games? Lamar had no running game except for himself running. Thats asking alot from the QB to be the leading rusher AND throw the ball alot to make the offense thrive especially being down big in a pressure situation. I know Lamar has been great all season long but there is so much you can expect from a QB every single game during a regular season. I kid you not when I say the only QB Ive seen play great every game this season in football was Joe Burrow in college. Outside of him this season between college and the pros I havent seen a QB every game just play great and carry the team. I just think Lamar needed his defense to step up and the running game and he didnt have either and he couldnt overcome it by himself. His stats suggested he had a great game but those who saw it knew he didnt. Luckily he is spectacular because if he was just your average QB or even an immobile QB it wouldve been ugly. But Im not leaving that game thinking any less than Lamar other than this game was a learning experience just like last season playoff game was a learning experience and he learned from last season so I expect him to learn from this season.