Lamar Jackson

Slingin' Sammy

3 minutes ago, tyler735 said:

Loving these false narratives projected onto Lamar on here. Some of the best QB's ever certainly haven't lost their cool/pouted at times in their career...

I'd criticize any QBs including the 2 in the gifs. 

My favorite NBA is Westbrook. He's a lot like how Lamar played Saturday. That demeanor will hurt a team when it's do or die. We've seen it the last 2 years with Westbrook and this past game with Lamar. Russ has never been able to change. I'd guess Lamar does. 

Not making excuses here, but one thing I want to add to the discussion is how windy it was during the game. I'm not sure how it appeared on television, but in person that was the windiest game I've experienced in a long time at M&T Bank Stadium. Again, not saying it had a drastically huge effect on the game,  BUT in a game of inches - see the football grazing off the finger tips of Andrews for an INT, and with a QB who has openly spoken about how he still doesn't feel comfortable playing in inclement weather...these things can matter.

All the credit in the world to the Titans for dominating the Ravens, but it honestly feels like a case of literally anything that could go wrong on Saturday did go wrong for Baltimore.

13 minutes ago, RavensTillIDie said:

Not making excuses here, but one thing I want to add to the discussion is how windy it was during the game. I'm not sure how it appeared on television, but in person that was the windiest game I've experienced in a long time at M&T Bank Stadium. Again, not saying it had a drastically huge effect on the game,  BUT in a game of inches - see the football grazing off the finger tips of Andrews for an INT, and with a QB who has openly spoken about how he still doesn't feel comfortable playing in inclement weather...these things can matter.

All the credit in the world to the Titans for dominating the Ravens, but it honestly feels like a case of literally anything that could go wrong on Saturday did go wrong for Baltimore.

Tell me at what point in the game did the crowed go oh no! Wish we had Flacco(aka just silent and all HFA was lost?) the titans second TD? 

11 minutes ago, ITS_RAMMY_PLAYBOI said:

Tell me at what point in the game did the crowed go oh no! Wish we had Flacco(aka just silent and all HFA was lost?) the titans second TD? 

Lol, honestly the first interception was pretty deflating b/c the crowd noise during the Titan's opening possession was C-R-A-Z-Y! After that interception, it was a little more subdued, but still pretty loud. I would say it was after the second failed fourth down conversion and subsequent 66 yard run by Henry that folks started to give up on the team and leave the stadium. And you joke, but the amount of dumb, middle-aged, redneck geezers clamoring for Flacco after the game was hilarious!

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, Mesa_Titan said:

It's also much easier to be a leader when everything is going right.

It is. But also check his demeanor week 16 against hte Browns when they got off to a hot start against us. Lamar didn't fluster or blink, but right before half time he came out and scored twice (thanks to Freddie being horrible, but still). He showed all year he could lead when things were going right or not.

38 minutes ago, Joe_is_the_best said:

Yeah it wasn't just Lamar. He was frustrated, he was upset, and yes it affected his play. Unfortunately the Ravens are not built to come from behind. 

I mean yes but also no. We aren't going to sling it 50 times and come from behind to win games. We chip away at leads by staying true to the identity and playing good defense. If you look at Tennessee's drive summary, our defense actually did a great job of getting off the field. Our offense just completely abandoned itself and tried to be a "Lamar passing the ball 50 times to guys you've never heard of" offense, and obviously it imploded the team. I think the Ravens come back and win that game if Roman/Harbaugh don't abandon the identity.

32 minutes ago, tyler735 said:

Loving these false narratives projected onto Lamar on here. Some of the best QB's ever certainly haven't lost their cool/pouted at times in their career...

<Aaron Rodgers + Tom Brady gifs>

I think overall the conclusion is that those guys have earned that reputation, and Lamar hasn't. But I do agree with you that it seems like if Lamar shows any sort of negativity, he's automatically labeled something that's not true whatsoever.

3 minutes ago, RavensTillIDie said:

Lol, honestly the first interception was pretty deflating b/c the crowd noise during the Titan's opening possession was C-R-A-Z-Y! After that interception, it was a little more subdued, but still pretty loud. I would say it was after the second failed fourth down conversion and subsequent 66 yard run by Henry that folks started to give up on the team and leave the stadium. And you joke, but the amount of dumb middle-aged redneck geezers clamoring for Flacco after the game was hilarious!

Every single bad Lamar game you have folks coming out of the woodworks to clamor for Flacco or say "See, I told you Lamar's offense wasn't sustainable!".

Then they go back into hiding for 13+ games in a row again.

Exhibit A: @paraven

Edited by AFlaccoSeagulls
  • Like 1

BAL's O is not built in its present form to come back quickly.   They are built to grind out runs, and then quick-strike when D's pinch the run.    Lamar's greatness as a runner sometimes shortcuts drive-time, but if you limit Lamar from getting those chunk plays, they aren't built like KC, who can create 20+ yard pass plays in a huge variety of ways.  

BAL likely will learn from this, and get another WR weapon to complement Hollywood Brown.   It will likely only make their O more complete.  

Let's be clear - Lamar wasn't good on Saturday.   TEN deserves full marks, only SF and they were able to keep up with the BAL O on first look - every other D that has had to face BAL's O wasn't ready for the speed of their game.   TEN was.    But let's also realize that bad games happen.   The narrative that Lamar's a limited guy and is going to stay that way is ridiculous - as I said in the other Lamar thread, he really had no business being on the field last year as a passer.   His progress this year has been fantastic.   He's at a stage in his career when he can clearly improve.    Ppl were just to assume he was already there.    

• Like 1

20 hours ago, LeotheLion said:

By your own admission he was pressing too hard. Presumably due said frustration. It was a major problem. There's a reason QBs like Russ always can dig out of holes and it's because they don't get too down during games. 

I feel bad for lamar, people just want to attack him just to attack him

3 minutes ago, AntonChigurh said:

I feel bad for lamar, people just want to attack him just to attack him

You can say this for almost any player. Once you are in the spotlight you will have haters. 

I'm certainly not a Lamar fan but this isn't attacking him just to attack him. If he doesn't fix his demeanor in these type of games then he will always struggle to make the comebacks. I think he will fix it but we've seen a lot of other athletes always struggle with keeping their emotions in check. It's not a good thing to play football on tilt. Especially at the QB position.

2 minutes ago, tyler735 said:

How am I insecure, I'm vouching for a QB that isn't even on my team (Saints), but nice try champ..

You insecure person. I could the smell the insecurity a mile away. Smells like a playoff lost at home sorta! But more of a cheesy I haven’t showered in 4 weeks smell. 

• Like 1