Lamar Jackson

Slingin' Sammy

23 hours ago, AFlaccoSeagulls said:

Is that why Lamar's passing stats across the board are better than Goff's this year?

Also, help me out I'm trying to find Jared Goff's 2019 playoff stats but they're not showing up....?

In the end Rammy, Goff and Lamar have the same amount of Superbowl wins, identical playoff stats through their first 2 years, but Lamar has one more MVP trophy.

Not trying to start beef, but he earned that with his legs. Not his arm.

6 minutes ago, lolsurebro said:

And any player would trade their MVP for a chance to win the SB. It’s not even close. 

Showing off an MVP while losing your first game is pretty embarrassing lol.. But yes continue because I love the way you speak. 

20 hours ago, tyler735 said:

Loving these false narratives projected onto Lamar on here. Some of the best QB's ever certainly haven't lost their cool/pouted at times in their career...

You’re not wrong but I saw at least a few occasions where Jackson was looking for a flag - which wouldn’t fly undetected by some posters had it been certain other QBs. It’s a two-way street. Lamar is a young QB who we don’t have much exposure to, so early impressions are the only impressions. 

One way or another, you want your QB to have a better attitude in that situation. Certain other QBs get a little slack because we’ve seen them do that or perform in those moments. Cam and Cutler got similar criticisms in their careers.

45 minutes ago, lolsurebro said:

Not really though, his arm led the NFL in touchdown passes (36) in only 15 starts (closer to 14 games with all the games he was pulled early due to huge leads). He also had a 113 QB Rating, which was 2nd only to Drew Brees. In other words, if we ignored the rushing yards he would still be in contention for MVP this season with those passing stats. This isn't me saying his mobility didn't help open things up for him, this is me saying statistically his passing numbers were among the best in the league this year for MVP consideration.

Edited by tyler735
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, tyler735 said:

Not really though, his arm led the NFL in touchdown passes (36) in only 15 starts (closer to 14 games with all the games he was pulled early due to huge leads). He also had a 113 QB Rating, which was 2nd only to Drew Brees. In other words, if we ignored the rushing yards he would still be in contention for MVP this season with those passing stats. This isn't me saying his mobility didn't help open things up for him, this is me saying statistically his passing numbers were among the best in the league this year for MVP consideration.

That isn't just some small factoid irrelevant to the discussion: If Lamar can't run, the conversation changes entirely.

He was forced to play from the pocket with limited TEs to use, and you saw what happened this past weekend.

Edited by lolsurebro
  • Like 1

51 minutes ago, lolsurebro said:

That isn't just some small factoid irrelevant to the discussion: If Lamar can't run, the conversation changes entirely.

He was forced to play from the pocket with limited TEs to use, and you saw what happened this past weekend.

It is pretty irrelevant in terms of MVP voting and what his stats were passing the ball the ball this year, voters don't care if his athleticism made things a bit easier for him throwing the ball. You stated "he earned that with his legs. Not his arm." in response to him winning the MVP. His arm still put up those aforementioned league leading stats passing the ball. You are moving goal posts. 

Since we are using 1 game sample sizes to prove points right now with no other context in regards to "forcing him to play from the pocket", what happened week 1 when he threw for 324 yards, 85% completion percentage, 5 touchdowns, 0 interceptions, 158.3 QB Rating (3 rushes for 6 yards)?

Also, was he forced to play in the pocket this past weekend if he ran 20 times for 143 yards? I mean maybe he just, you know had a below average/bad game as a 23 year old QB in the playoffs in less than ideal weather conditions against a Titans team that has been on fire lately?

Edited by tyler735

37 minutes ago, tyler735 said:

It is pretty irrelevant in terms of MVP voting and what his stats were passing the ball the ball this year. You stated "he earned that with his legs. Not his arm." in response to him winning the MVP. His arm still put up those aforementioned league leading stats passing the ball. You are moving goal posts.

Bro, the original argument was dude comparing Lamar to Goff by saying Lamar has one more MVP than Goff and similar stats. The implication being that Lamar is a better QB than Goff because of his similar passing stats and his likely MVP award.

I am telling him that Lamar has similar passing stats and is earning an MVP award because of his ability to run the ball. It fundamentally changes the way defenses have to cover them. He's comparing apples to oranges.

Give Lamar Jackson the legs of Jared Goff and then you can convince me that he's a better QB when he leads his team to a superbowl.

Edited by lolsurebro
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, lolsurebro said:

Bro, the original argument was dude comparing Lamar to Goff by saying Lamar has one more MVP than Goff and similar stats. The implication being that Lamar is better than Goff because of his similar passing stats and his likely MVP award.

Bro, you literally stated he won an MVP because of his legs not his arm. That is taking it too far discrediting his ability as a passer. 

I am telling him that Lamar has similar passing stats and is earning an MVP award because of his ability to run the ball. It fundamentally changes the way defenses have to cover them. He's comparing apples to oranges.

Sure it changes the way defenses have to cover. Nobody is arguing that it doesn't. A defense isn't going to play the same against Russell Wilson as they are Drew Brees, who cares, at the end of the day the QB still has to make the throws. Lamar Jackson made the throws he needed to almost every week this season outside of a tough playoff game.  

Give Lamar Jackson the legs of Jared Goff and then you can convince me that he's a better QB when he leads his team to a superbowl on his arm alone.

Okay how about give Lamar Jackson guys like Cooper Kupp, Brandin Cooks, Robert Woods, and (pre-washed up) Todd Gurley to throw to?

Lol the classic "QB leads his team to a Super Bowl" argument. Is that why in 2018 when the Rams made it to the Super Bowl on Jared Goff's "arm alone" he threw for a total of 1 touchdown pass, had 2 interceptions, 2 fumbles, 71.7 QB Rating, and averaged 237 passing yards in his 3 playoff games last year?

This isn't even getting into how bad Goff appears to have regressed the past season.

22 minutes ago, lolsurebro said:

Give Lamar Jackson the legs of Jared Goff and then you can convince me that he's a better QB when he leads his team to a superbowl.

Here we go again with the "Lamar can't pass" narrative because he struggled in one game. Once again proving that even if Lamar dominates for like 13 straight games, it's the ONE game he struggles in that matters.

You guys are so predictable.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, KingOfTheDot said:

Oh you’re part of The fan base that blames everyone and everything for all those playoff losses. Were you part of the group that tried to sue the NFL? 

I mean the NFL did change a pass interference rule this past year, and the NFL did admit they missed a blatant call in that game, but yeah that's "just" Saints fans complaining about everything. Keep going with your awesome narrative though bud. Nope I was not as I don't take football that seriously. Since we are off-topic now, how about them Jets, must be rough being a fan of a team destined for mediocrity (at best) for the foreseeable future with Darnold behind center 

Edited by tyler735

2 minutes ago, AFlaccoSeagulls said:

Here we go again with the "Lamar can't pass" narrative because he struggled in one game. Once again proving that even if Lamar dominates for like 13 straight games, it's the ONE game he struggles in that matters.

You guys are so predictable.

Yep this was definitely called during the season, and I'm not the least bit surprised by it. NFL Gen never fails for these absurd overreactions.