Lamar Jackson

Slingin' Sammy

4 minutes ago, wwhickok said:

You didn't answer my question. I think you think I'm trying slight Lamar Jackson.

Let me ask it this way. Do you believe Lamar Jackson can improve?

He could improve, yes. He doesn't HAVE to (from 2019 season level) for the Ravens to win a SB. 

Do you disagree with that?

Edited by wackywabbit

Just now, wackywabbit said:

He could improve, yes. He doesn't have to for the Ravens to win a SB. 

Do you disagree with that?

The bolded is all I have really been saying.

As for your question and completely fair one, I agree with you. HOWEVER the offense DOES have to improve. Primarily the people that are supposed to be calling the football. If it were me, Snead would not be on the 2020 roster. 

6 hours ago, wwhickok said:

You didn't answer my question. I think you think I'm trying slight Lamar Jackson.

Let me ask it this way. Do you believe Lamar Jackson can improve?

I believe we all are. One thing most Ravens fans and analysts can agree on, is that he sometimes keys in on his favorite targets too much. Sometimes it end up in incompletions and other times the pass is complete but it wasn't the big play that was also there.

It has happened to Hayden Hurst a couple of times, with Boykin, With Marquise Brown. This is however something that most QB's struggle with, and while Lamar can improve in this area, he is not a one-two read quarterback that has to rely on his first reads getting open.

Throwing to the outside, outs, deep outs, comebacks isn't his strength either, he can improve here as well. 

With the season he has had and what he has proved capabale off, that is only the topping of the cake and if he can elevate himself to be an even better passer/decision maker, he will be able to sustain his status as a good QB even if/when he looses some of his athleticism.

Lamar may never have a season like we saw this year. It could be the perfect storm, but he is still a QB that can elevate his team and go to the playoffs even if he doesn't play as well as he did this year.