49ers V Ravens! Who ya got?

mdonnelly21

Who ya got?   

88 members have voted

1. 1. Who's going to win this weekend?

• Ravens
    • 49ers

The 49ers defensive line is quick enough to cause our rushing attack fits. It’s all matchups. And unlike with Donald, we can’t double any of their threats or it leaves everyone else available to make plays.

That said, watching the 9ers this season their rushers have come up field very aggressively and left a lot of creases. I saw it against the Seahawks on multiple plays where Wilson had nothing but green in front of him if he wanted it but passed instead. Murray made plays with his legs to come up big against the 9ers. 

If they play the same way against Jackson that they did against Murray and Wilson, I expect plenty of creases that can be exposed. And once that rush starts to hesitate it will make it easier for our OL to contain them and provide Jackson more time to pass the ball to his TEs.

4 hours ago, BareYourTeeth said:

I don't mean this in a trash-talking manner but San Francisco is due for an *** kicking this season. I think we can fix that.

To be honest, I think we are in the exact same position, if not more because the 49'ers just lost to the Seahawks :)

Can't believe I"m gonna have to miss this game because I agreed to go to the Packers/Giants game with my Packers fan buddy. >:(

Should be an awesome game. No disrespect to the Pats defense but I think in terms of matchups this is a bigger challenge for us - the sheer amount of talent/athleticism in their front 7 is kind of mesmerizing. It's interesting to hear about how much they've struggled with mobile QB's - which I suppose comes down to teams taking advantage of their aggressiveness to create openings when they overpursue? Because overall you want athletes like that on the field if you're trying to create problems for a QB like Lamar. Particularly given we're bedding in a brand new rookie center this week after Skura's injury, it wouldn't surprise me if this ends up being a defensive struggle on both sides and everyone declares that we've found the blueprint to stop Lamar, that blueprint being 'have 18 All-Pro players taken in the top 5 of their draft classes in your front 7 simultaneously.'

I think the 9ers win this one - this will be our first game with our backup center starting a whole game, and I expect the front 4 of the 9ers to give him trouble and bog down the run game.

It's also insanely hard to win 8 straight games in the NFL.

49ers 28-17

Edited by Ray Reed

49ers basically clinch a playoff spot if they win this game, whereas we don't do much for ourselves by winning it other than prove, once again, we're the best team in the NFL. So motivation is on 49ers side.

49ers have to travel across country and play at an early start time and we have to use that to our advantage. Furthermore, their run defense is their weakest link and we can certainly capitalize on their aggression upfield with our running game.

9 hours ago, diamondbull424 said:

The 49ers defensive line is quick enough to cause our rushing attack fits. It’s all matchups. And unlike with Donald, we can’t double any of their threats or it leaves everyone else available to make plays.

That said, watching the 9ers this season their rushers have come up field very aggressively and left a lot of creases. I saw it against the Seahawks on multiple plays where Wilson had nothing but green in front of him if he wanted it but passed instead. Murray made plays with his legs to come up big against the 9ers. 

If they play the same way against Jackson that they did against Murray and Wilson, I expect plenty of creases that can be exposed. And once that rush starts to hesitate it will make it easier for our OL to contain them and provide Jackson more time to pass the ball to his TEs.

It's seriously all they do. I'm not knocking it, obviously it is working, but it absolutely creates problems for us against the wrong teams. Bosa in particular is over aggressive to a fault. I'll take that flaw with the positives they bring against the pass, obviously, but yeah, this will likely be a big problem throughout the game and highly unlikely to change. 

8 minutes ago, AFlaccoSeagulls said:

49ers basically clinch a playoff spot if they win this game, whereas we don't do much for ourselves by winning it other than prove, once again, we're the best team in the NFL. So motivation is on 49ers side.

49ers have to travel across country and play at an early start time and we have to use that to our advantage. Furthermore, their run defense is their weakest link and we can certainly capitalize on their aggression upfield with our running game.

I think technically we have to win and the Rams have to lose in order for us to be able to clinch. 

Early start favors you, slightly shorter week may favor us. I'm not sure which way that sways. I'd probably still give the edge to you guys. I honestly just think that it's a bad matchup for us overall unless we make schematic changes, which is highly unlikely to occur. 

15 minutes ago, Ryan_W said:

what's the over/under on Lamar having to play all 4 quarters

This doesn't make sense. An over / under would imply a specific a figure that Jackson can either go over or under, IE, "over/under Jackson playing 3.5 quarters". What you're talking about are straight odds. "What are the odds that Lamar has to play all four quarters?"