49ers V Ravens! Who ya got?

mdonnelly21

Who ya got?   

88 members have voted

1. 1. Who's going to win this weekend?

• Ravens
    • 49ers

Honestly if their is a lot of rain it favors the 49ers. The Ravens rushing attack is much more dynamic when they have the ability to read and react quickly, it’s more difficult getting Lamar to the edges and him juking people out safely when it’s in terrible conditions. So hopefully if it rains, it’s just a slight rain and nothing too serious.

Good thing is that it doesn’t look like it will rain on Saturday so the field shouldn’t have any accumulated effects for Sunday (granted our field team does a great job of using the tarp to prevent any field wetness.) Also I guess it’ll depend on when the rain comes. If it’s not until the evening it won’t matter/really impact the game. 80% chance of rain simply means it’ll rain over 80% of the area, it doesn’t tell us at what point in the day the overall area will see its rain effects. So we should know after Thanksgiving just how much rain we should anticipate and at what times we’ll see it. 

2 minutes ago, diamondbull424 said:

Honestly if their is a lot of rain it favors the 49ers. The Ravens rushing attack is much more dynamic when they have the ability to read and react quickly, it’s more difficult getting Lamar to the edges and him juking people out safely when it’s in terrible conditions. So hopefully if it rains, it’s just a slight rain and nothing too serious.

Good thing is that it doesn’t look like it will rain on Saturday so the field shouldn’t have any accumulated effects for Sunday (granted our field team does a great job of using the tarp to prevent any field wetness.) Also I guess it’ll depend on when the rain comes. If it’s not until the evening it won’t matter/really impact the game. 80% chance of rain simply means it’ll rain over 80% of the area, it doesn’t tell us at what point in the day the overall area will see its rain effects. So we should know after Thanksgiving just how much rain we should anticipate and at what times we’ll see it. 

This is actually a pretty big debate in the 49er forum lol. I thought this as well, but I appear to be very much in the minority in that thought process. 

2 minutes ago, diamondbull424 said:

80% chance of rain simply means it’ll rain over 80% of the area, it doesn’t tell us at what point in the day the overall area will see its rain effects. 

In my experience it means anywhere from 0-100% of the area may or may not receive rain at some point in the near future.

• Like 3

Love San Frans ability to slow or stop Jackson. Their defense is very quick. I'd feel much better if this was a home game and they weren't flying across the country to play Baltimore. It'll be close but I think Baltimore wins and Jackson cements his MVP status.

The severity of the rain will determine whether it's a factor at all but I don't know that it will necessarily favor one team over the other, it just means it's going to be a different kind of game. Neither of these teams are high-flying pass-only offenses that would be signficantly neutered by a wet ball/tough field conditions, and both teams have strong running games that can produce under any conditions. When we played at Seattle in the rain we dealt with a lot of bad drops from the receivers and Lamar compensated for that by just doing more of it himself with his legs. A wet field makes it harder for him to make those explosive jump cuts but by the same token, Jimmy G dealing with a wet ball is likely to be a bit more mistake-prone. You're probably looking at a game where turnovers/defensive plays are going to be even more important and that's an area where both teams have excelled. Might be a boring answer but really this is just an evenly matched heavyweight fight no matter how you look at it. 

57 minutes ago, TENINCH said:

Love San Frans ability to slow or stop Jackson. Their defense is very quick. I'd feel much better if this was a home game and they weren't flying across the country to play Baltimore. It'll be close but I think Baltimore wins and Jackson cements his MVP status.

They haven't been able to stop mobile QB's all year.

2 hours ago, Jlowe22 said:

In my experience it means anywhere from 0-100% of the area may or may not receive rain at some point in the near future.

Not sure what you mean by that but 80% chance of rain means that 80% of the defined area will receive rain. It has no bearing on projected accumulation, which is another precipitation statistic. But even then it only typically predicts the accumulation to fall, but not accumulation into say “West Baltimore” vs “East Baltimore” etc. We just know that of all of Baltimore, 80% of the area will receive rainfall. That’s as accurate as the radar can show and why one area may only rain for 20 minutes with minimal rain but another area can get toasted with precipitation and some will say “weather man has no idea what he’s talking about”, while on the other side of town a small area receives a crazy amount of rainfall where it’s raining cats and dogs.

But yeah, now I’m starting to get into things beyond football. I have a tough time staying on topic. Generally 80% of the time I’m off topic.😅

2 hours ago, Forge said:

This is actually a pretty big debate in the 49er forum lol. I thought this as well, but I appear to be very much in the minority in that thought process. 

Yeah. I think we’ll still be able to run regardless, but Jackson slipping in sliding in Seattle open him up for less control over his running. It’s easier for him to use his elite RB vision/QB pocket presence to determine when to get down in normal conditions. In wet conditions everyone is slipping and sliding and it impacts the explosiveness of your plays.

Granted you guys have some really explosive RBs as well and so perhaps that would impact your ability to get to the edges, but they’re also not the QB. I think in wet conditions we could argue that Ingram and Gus Edwards have an advantage in their downhill rushing style.

So it probably is a push in that aspect, but I suppose I just feel safer if the rain isn’t a big factor.

5 minutes ago, Forge said:

That's probably less than ideal when the opposing team has George Kittle. 

We've been miles better since our reshuffle in week 4 and Peanut is playing season low in snaps recently.

I'm worried because it's Kittle, not because we struggle against TEs.