49ers V Ravens! Who ya got?

mdonnelly21

Who ya got?   

88 members have voted

1. 1. Who's going to win this weekend?

• Ravens
    • 49ers

1 hour ago, diamondbull424 said:

Not sure what you mean by that but 80% chance of rain means that 80% of the defined area will receive rain. It has no bearing on projected accumulation, which is another precipitation statistic. But even then it only typically predicts the accumulation to fall, but not accumulation into say “West Baltimore” vs “East Baltimore” etc. We just know that of all of Baltimore, 80% of the area will receive rainfall. That’s as accurate as the radar can show and why one area may only rain for 20 minutes with minimal rain but another area can get toasted with precipitation and some will say “weather man has no idea what he’s talking about”, while on the other side of town a small area receives a crazy amount of rainfall where it’s raining cats and dogs.

But yeah, now I’m starting to get into things beyond football. I have a tough time staying on topic. Generally 80% of the time I’m off topic.😅

Just a joke really.

• Like 1

I voted 49ers on the poll but having read through the thread I want to change it to the Ravens. I think it'll be a 2TD victory now.

What weaknesses do the Ravens have Ravens fans? Don't take this the wrong way but the way some people speak it's as if there's no flaw? When all the contenders do have them?

• 49ers: Are we getting GaropoGOAT or Garropopoop? Run Defense. WR Play.
  • Patriots: Basically the entire offense.
  • Saints: Brees arm strength. Payton Hubris. #2 WR. LB's in Coverage against RB's?
  • Packers: OL. The Defence.
  • Seahawks: How much of this is simply Russell Wilson being awesome?
  • Houston: The OL and Pass Rush with Watt gone.
  • Chiefs: The Defence.

10 minutes ago, Magnifico said:

I voted 49ers on the poll but having read through the thread I want to change it to the Ravens. I think it'll be a 2TD victory now.

What weaknesses do the Ravens have Ravens fans? Don't take this the wrong way but the way some people speak it's as if there's no flaw? When all the contenders do have them?

• 49ers: Are we getting GaropoGOAT or Garropopoop? Run Defense. WR Play.
  • Patriots: Basically the entire offense.
  • Saints: Brees arm strength. Payton Hubris. #2 WR. LB's in Coverage against RB's?
  • Packers: OL. The Defence.
  • Seahawks: How much of this is simply Russell Wilson being awesome?
  • Houston: The OL and Pass Rush with Watt gone.
  • Chiefs: The Defence.

Ravens weakness is pass rush. Our qb hit and sack number have risen up recently but thats because of return of jimmy smith and trade of marcus peters

6 minutes ago, Magnifico said:

You mean besides Lamar Jackson may get injured and or figured out again?

The run defense has had a couple very bad games. There is only one good starter level pass rusher, Judon, who himself is only capable of beating single blocks. Getting pressure is super blitz dependent. It's a below average defense talent-wise, except for the cornerbacks. Covering TEs may be a problem. We have only one big play threat receiver on offense and he's a 150 pound rookie still recovering from a broken foot injury early this year. No other receiver demands attention, other than not being left wide open. Lamar's top target (Mark Andrews) is struggling with drops/fumbles. 

• Like 1

I think 49ers are 1b to Ravens 1a. But i see the Ravens winning in a blowout. Hope im wrong and its an exciting close game. If this was a primetime game i think itd be close. 

This is such an amazing game on paper. To me, clearly the 2 best teams, playing their best ball, on absolute tears as of late (outside that Seattle game for 49ers). You dont typically get these matchups best AFC vs best NFC.

18 hours ago, Forge said:

This is actually a pretty big debate in the 49er forum lol. I thought this as well, but I appear to be very much in the minority in that thought process. 

I would say you guys would benefit most from a rainy day/wet field. Lamar not having the same footing and ability to set up defenders to miss tackles, the less likely he is to create something with his legs.

Ravens saw Andrews struggle in slight rain in Seattle, but I don't know if that is an issue in general.

I think your running game would also benefit slightly more than the Ravens, but it would also depend on you guys getting Staley back into the lineup. What are the chances he can play with his injury?

Voted Ravens but not because I think they're "better" necessarily. They're at home and it's an early game so I feel like you have to favor them. Both of those things will make the game tougher on the 49ers. If it rains, though, I think that helps SF. I don't think honestly that there's a real "upset" in this game. Both teams are excellent so either could win it.

I've seen sports books calling it 31-13 BAL and I'm not sure I'd buy on that line but in general I think the Ravens should probably win this one. If they meet again in the SB on a "neutral" field, who knows?

The rain definitely helps the 9ers, IMO. Our runs have a lot of "mesh points", where they are predicated on pulling the ball on options if need be, and in rainy weather those types of plays have a lot higher chance of fumbling than your traditional runs that the 9ers seem to use.

7 minutes ago, Ray Reed said:

The rain definitely helps the 9ers, IMO. Our runs have a lot of "mesh points", where they are predicated on pulling the ball on options if need be, and in rainy weather those types of plays have a lot higher chance of fumbling than your traditional runs that the 9ers seem to use.

Is it the same forecast for the game? I haven't checked back in

3 hours ago, Ryan_W said:

someone's gonna get exposed

that's right baby

I'm not sure that even in a blow out, either team is "exposed". It's one game. Baltimore on a short week, SF traveling cross country for an early start. Both have some injuries. Either could come out of the gates and lay an egg. Matchup may not be ideal for either one. The idea that a single game can "expose" a team, particularly when it's a matchup between possibly the two best teams in the NFL seems to be a microwave take to me. The Pats got blown out by the Titans last year. It didn't expose them. The Ravens lost to the same Browns team pretty handily that the 49ers destroyed. That game did not expose the Ravens. 

• Like 3