Week 13 GDT: Packers at NY (Football) Giants

squire12

Just now, Joe said:

That's the point. If we have another game against them the way we did against the Chargers, we should be tanking because we don't have the ability to win another game if we can't beat the Giants...

Understood.....but thats not gonna happen.

The Giants DL isnt the Chargers....or San Fran's.

Not even close.

I'm not saying we're gonna crush them. We dont need to. We just need to play a clean game, execute, come out with a W - then do it again next weekend against Washington.

9 minutes ago, Leader said:

Understood.....but thats not gonna happen.

The Giants DL isnt the Chargers....or San Fran's.

Not even close.

I'm not saying we're gonna crush them. We dont need to. We just need to play a clean game, execute, come out with a W - then do it again next weekend against Washington.

Ok, I have to spell out my point....ready?

If we lose this game, we should be tanking because we lack the ability to win a game...

Just now, Joe said:

If we lose this game, we should be tanking because we lack the ability to win a game...

The only time I would give ANY consideration to tanking, is if the Packers were mathematically out of the playoffs.............and though I could understand that, I wouldn't like it even then. You play to win.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Joe said:

Point noted - but thats not what you'd said.

I'll be very surprised and disappointed if we lay an egg in this game.

Minus some egregiously bad execution - THATS on the coaching staff.

If the Packers dont come out ready to devour the Giants....I'm looking at MLF and wondering why.

Just now, Leader said:

Point noted - but thats not what you'd said.

I'll be very surprised and disappointed if we lay an egg in this game.

Minus some egregiously bad execution - THATS on the coaching staff.

If the Packers dont come out ready to devour the Giants....I'm looking at MLF and wondering why.

It actually is what I said so don't spin it. If we do lose this game, we should be firing MLF after the season. We have 8 wins mainly as the result of the defense led by the Smiths stepping up, period. Of the three teams we've beaten by 10 or more points, two of them have been destroyed by the Jets and the third is a team who can't decide on a QB. 

You can question why an 8-4 team would tank, but then you can look at the rest of the schedule. If we can't beat the Giants, it shows that we are unable to win a game; that's the point.

Just now, Joe said:

It actually is what I said so don't spin it. If we do lose this game, we should be firing MLF after the season. We have 8 wins mainly as the result of the defense led by the Smiths stepping up, period. Of the three teams we've beaten by 10 or more points, two of them have been destroyed by the Jets and the third is a team who can't decide on a QB. 

You can question why an 8-4 team would tank, but then you can look at the rest of the schedule. If we can't beat the Giants, it shows that we are unable to win a game; that's the point.

So the other 8 wins dont count now?

Just now, Joe said:

I understood your point(s).

This is what you said: If we have another game against them the way we did against the Chargers  we should be tanking because we don't have the ability to win another game if we can't beat the Giants...

Not this: We lose this game, we should be tanking because we lack the ability to win a game...

I pointed out the Giants aren't the Chargers (or Niners). They're the losers of seven straight and the likelihood they could blow us out like the LAC (or SF) is ludicrous.

The "we cant win another game" is ludicrous.

The "we should tank" (at 8+4) is ludicrous.

Those are my points.

The Packers should come out of the tunnel on Sunday ready to beat the living **** out of the Giants. Pound them. Make THEM pay for the ***kicking SF imposed on us.

If that attitude doesnt show up - thats on MLF IMO.

Nobody on the GBPs should take the Giants lightly. They should be looking to destroy them.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Joe said:

Never play poker (you'd lose with that attitude). If the Packers lose to the Giants they would be 8-4 and could still get to 12 wins.

10 minutes ago, Gopackgonerd said:

So the other 8 wins dont count now?

If we lose this game and lose on the road to Minnesota, that means we're the 6 seed playing on the road again in Minnesota, which would probably be a loss. So, would you rather have a higher pick in the late teens or a lower pick in the early to mid 20's? I think I'd rather have the higher picks over being frustrated over another embarrassing playoff loss that we, at that point, would have backed our way into. 

We've discussed how bad our IDL, the right side of our OL, and the depth behind Blake Martinez who may not be back next season regardless of how we feel regarding that situation. If we're not going to be competitive then there's no sense in risking the health of our players. 

24 minutes ago, Joe said:

If we lose this game and lose on the road to Minnesota, that means we're the 6 seed playing on the road again in Minnesota, which would probably be a loss. So, would you rather have a higher pick in the late teens or a lower pick in the early to mid 20's? I think I'd rather have the higher picks over being frustrated over another embarrassing playoff loss that we, at that point, would have backed our way into. 

We've discussed how bad our IDL, the right side of our OL, and the depth behind Blake Martinez who may not be back next season regardless of how we feel regarding that situation. If we're not going to be competitive then there's no sense in risking the health of our players. 

Bro this is the same conversation we had last year when we had 5 ******* wins! Why are we contemplating this now when we have 8? Do you know how dumb it would be to give up on a season when you're not out of the playoffs just because we could have a better pick? That's loser mentality and if Lafleur chose that way he should be fired based on that decision alone. No team would choose to get a better pick over the playoffs, nor have any team ever went with that dumb fan strategy in all the years of football. We're getting way too ahead of ourselves here.

Edit: When we went to the Super Bowl we were 8-6 before the run, 2016 when we were 4-6, and went to the NFC championship. Why didnt we tank then? Because teams dont give up. And we wanna start talking tanking at 8-3? 

Edited by Gopackgonerd