Week 13 GDT: Packers at NY (Football) Giants

squire12

35 minutes ago, Leader said:

Perhaps so...perhaps not. Till he gets some passes thrown his way, such an analysis of him isnt possible. Guys drafted later are already contributing for other teams.

Regardless, Tonyan hasnt been contributing a whole bunch and our TE packages / output hasnt been.....how to put it? Awe inspiring. For a HC that supposedly has an affinity for the position.

We wont know what Sternberger can do till he starts catching passes (or not). Catching passes was the reason he was drafted (as opposed to his blocking).

I'd like to see the Packers accelerate Sternberger's development a bit.  Design a few plays for him and let him stretch that middle of the field a bit.  Maybe we'd have something there that teams would need to start game planning for.  

• Like 1

On 12/1/2019 at 7:27 PM, AlexGreen#20 said:

He would get run over at this point. He came into the season too light to play anything that might see a double team in the interior. Teams are having success digging Z out on the few instances we've tried it and Z actually knows how to use his hands

I should have added after they bulk him up, and I didn't mean this season.  I agree 100% that he's too light right now too play on the interior, but if they bulk him up to 305-ish, which I bet he could easily handle without losing much athleticism, I think he'd do really well inside.  I'm just not convinced he's a an edge guy and feel like he's being shoehorned into the position based solely on his athleticism, which I personally feel is a mistake.

15 minutes ago, CWood21 said:

Did we ever get an explanation for that roughing the passer in the 1st quarter?

I'm assuming you are referring to the unneccesary roughness on Blake Martinez. Best guess is that it was supposed to be a violation of this clause:

"unnecessarily running, diving into, cutting, or throwing the body against or on a player who (1) is out of the play or (2) should not have reasonably anticipated such contact by an opponent, before or after the ball is dead;

Here's the play: https://youtu.be/NYlocVPlMoM?t=148  the QB is still a threat to pass and is looking downfield when contact is made, so I don't see how 27 is out of the play. Contact is within 5 yards so it's legal downfield contact, and the QB is out of the pocket so contact to the back of the receiver shouldn't be a problem. Just a bad judgement on the ref's part imo.

1 hour ago, Cakeshoppe said:

I'm assuming you are referring to the unneccesary roughness on Blake Martinez. Best guess is that it was supposed to be a violation of this clause:

"unnecessarily running, diving into, cutting, or throwing the body against or on a player who (1) is out of the play or (2) should not have reasonably anticipated such contact by an opponent, before or after the ball is dead;

Here's the play: https://youtu.be/NYlocVPlMoM?t=148  the QB is still a threat to pass and is looking downfield when contact is made, so I don't see how 27 is out of the play. Contact is within 5 yards so it's legal downfield contact, and the QB is out of the pocket so contact to the back of the receiver shouldn't be a problem. Just a bad judgement on the ref's part imo.

Yeah.  That's the one I was referring to.  IF anything, that was illegal contact.  But unnecessary roughness was a head scratcher.

7 hours ago, TheOnlyThing said:

Defensive line snap counts = Kenny Clark 52, Dean Lowry 42, Tyler Lancaster 23, Kingsley Keke 15, Montravius Adams 6.

What is going on with Adam?

Has Kingsley surpassed him?

Looks that way. I've actually seen Keke provide pressure occasionally. 

19 hours ago, CWood21 said:

Yeah.  That's the one I was referring to.  IF anything, that was illegal contact.  But unnecessary roughness was a head scratcher.

Wasn't illegal contact because the QB was out of the pocket so the no contact after 5 yards rule is out the window.