Bucs 4-7 @ Jags 4-7

ravishingone

26 minutes ago, TB Doug22 said:

We were 5-7 last year, then proceeded to lose the last 4. Lets hope we keep the momentum going this time and finish with 4 straight, which looks doable with our upcoming schedule.

And the improvements we seem to have made on defense. Lots of guys seem to be reaching toward their potential.

Finally.

5 hours ago, Counselor said:

What did he do today? I have Vita and SMB on my dynasty team.

Nothing crazy on the stat sheet. He just controls the line, plows people over on offense on goal line situations and is now starting to throw people around and becoming a problem in the pass rush.

He wasn’t credited with the sack but made a great move to get to Minshew and held him in place then Barrett came in on clean up. After the play you see Vita on the ground with his helmet off laughing and pumping his fist. Refreshing sight for a Bucs fan.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, bucsfan333 said:

One play that I remember was when Barber ran to the right and all I see is Warford running and pushing him over the first down, but unfortunately there was a penalty. 

Love seeing linemen down field pushing or fighting to get the RB more yards. 

• Like 1

Why I am encouraged the turn around has begun is because both sides of the ball they have been more physical then the opponent.  During the Koetter era, gang tackling on defense was non existent.  On offense, the RG position has been night and day.  Godwin being a starter over a guy like DJAX adds a physicality that was missing.  

• Like 1

19 hours ago, Lil' Shorty said:

Colts and Lions are the perfect build up to the Texans. Honestly if this team has turned a corner we should win out.

Agreed

Even if we're mathematically eliminated because the NFC is so tough, I would for once feel good about going into next season

• Like 1

2 hours ago, indifference said:

before we jump the gun please be mindful of the last couple of opponents we played against. Houston game will show what this defense is really capable of.

even if they flop against Houston, finally the defense is handling QBs they should.  Not getting lit up by a Jones or Allen caliber Qb anymore suggests at least they have the potential to be average.  Ever since Monte left, that standard felt unattaibable.

Get run over by a Wilson in Seattle, I m fine with at this point.  Hopkins lights them up, I m okay because the secondary is green.  3 out of 4 wins is a step in the right direction regardless of opponent because over the last decade of ineptitude this team has no right to believe they are better then any team in this league.  Just win and change the narrative

3 hours ago, indifference said:

before we jump the gun please be mindful of the last couple of opponents we played against. Houston game will show what this defense is really capable of.

We haven't won back to back games in a calendar year. Forgive our excitement. 😀