Jeudy Jeudy Jeudy Jeudy rockin everywhere!

LoganF89

so Just some thoughts, I want Chase young pretty bad but according to a lot of draft boards they have 3 Alabama WRs getting picked in the 1st round this year. If young is gone and Jeudy is there for the taking do you pick him? or possibly trade down a few spots? Only reason I ask is bc with Bama having 3 stud Wrs, no team can really afford to double team or play soft zones against these guys. are they really the cream of the crop prospects or is the talent just so good that teams cant cover them all?

1 hour ago, lavar703 said:

It depends really. I’d be more okay with taking Andrew Thomas over Jeudy than I would be Thomas over Young. I’m not really sure I can get behind WR over LT. 

Especially in this class.  It’s a deep WR class, and from what I’ve seen we need a #2 WR cause McLaurin looks to have a legit #1 upside.  I’m not sure a #2 WR is worth a top 5 pick when you have a 38 year old starting at LT.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, LoganF89 said:

so Just some thoughts, I want Chase young pretty bad but according to a lot of draft boards they have 3 Alabama WRs getting picked in the 1st round this year. If young is gone and Jeudy is there for the taking do you pick him? or possibly trade down a few spots? Only reason I ask is bc with Bama having 3 stud Wrs, no team can really afford to double team or play soft zones against these guys. are they really the cream of the crop prospects or is the talent just so good that teams cant cover them all?

Take Jeudy, he’s arguably the best route runner to ever come out of college. His competition is another former Bama WR - Amari Cooper - who gets open every play even though he doesn’t have blazing 4.3 speed. 

If we draft Jeudy, we’re essentially drafting Cooper 2.0 and that’d be a great combo to go with Scary Terry!

We can sign a serviceable LT or draft one w/ the pick we get for trading Trent - hopefully in round 1 - Alex Leatherwood, Alabama but maybe round 2 like Josh Jones, Houston, Trey Adams, Washington or Yasir Durant, Mizzu. I think Jeudy is a better prospect than Andrew Thomas.

Edited by turtle28

14 minutes ago, Legend_Kenny4ever said:

Turtle I respect your opinion but we don't need a wr as desperately as we need a LT, for the matter we might as well keep Penn or just put Christian out there and cross your fingers.  Naw give me the young LT that could be around for 10 years or longer.

So if we pass on Jeudy do you take Thomas top 5 or would you trade back and grab another LT and more picks? I’m hesitant on Thomas and really the only reason I am is bc the last LT that came out of Georgia in round 1 got a lot of hype but seems to be a busy for the PATS

1 hour ago, Legend_Kenny4ever said:

Turtle I respect your opinion but we don't need a wr as desperately as we need a LT, for the matter we might as well keep Penn or just put Christian out there and cross your fingers.  Naw give me the young LT that could be around for 10 years or longer.

You take BPA. As I said, we can draft a LT w/ the pick we get for trading Trent or we can sign a serviceable LT.

Don't draft for need, take the BPA, and that's Jeudy IMO.

Edited by turtle28

23 minutes ago, LoganF89 said:

So if we pass on Jeudy do you take Thomas top 5 or would you trade back and grab another LT and more picks? I’m hesitant on Thomas and really the only reason I am is bc the last LT that came out of Georgia in round 1 got a lot of hype but seems to be a busy for the PATS

Thomas is a top 5 prospect, I don't see dropping past #5.

Thomas is a better prospect than Isaiah Wynn and beyond that, Wynn isn't a bust, he just got put on IR bc of a toe injury. He came back last week and started at LT.

Edited by turtle28

For me, Jeudy is #2 on the board, at the top of the 2nd tier of non-QB prospects. Chase Young is alone on my top tier.

The question I’m trying to answer is whether I think Jeudy is on his own tier, or whether I think he belongs on the same tier as Okudah, Delpit, Lamb, Thomas, and maybe Wirfs. At the beginning of the season, I probably would have said yes. But I’m not sure anymore. He’s a great player, but is he that dominant to be a no-brainer top 5 pick WR? That’s what I’m gonna be trying to figure out from watching as many of his games as I can between now and April. 

I’ll say this, at this point, if I had the choice between (a) Jeudy and (b) Lamb plus an early 2nd from a trade down, I think I’d lean toward Lamb plus the pick. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, e16bball said:

For me, Jeudy is #2 on the board, at the top of the 2nd tier of non-QB prospects. Chase Young is alone on my top tier.

The question I’m trying to answer is whether I think Jeudy is on his own tier, or whether I think he belongs on the same tier as Okudah, Delpit, Lamb, Thomas, and maybe Wirfs. At the beginning of the season, I probably would have said yes. But I’m not sure anymore. He’s a great player, but is he that dominant to be a no-brainer top 5 pick WR? That’s what I’m gonna be trying to figure out from watching as many of his games as I can between now and April. 

I’ll say this, at this point, if I had the choice between (a) Jeudy and (b) Lamb plus an early 2nd from a trade down, I think I’d lean toward Lamb plus the pick. 

I'd take Jeudy. I think Lamb benefits by playing in the Big12 where they are allergic to defense. Jeudy is a better prospect IMO. As you said, he is the 2nd best overall prospect in the draft. Lamb is at best the 5th overall prospect at best and is probably closer to the 10th. 

I’d have Jeudy, Delpit, Okuda & Thomas as non-QB prospects above Lamb. Then,  throw in Young, Burrow & Herbert too. That puts Lamb as the 9th best prospect, that's far off from the 2nd.

Edited by turtle28

Have you guys even watched Delpit play this year?  He's dropped out of many people's top 10 for a reason.

I'm nervous about Jeudy's frame... I think he's going to get injured a lot in the NFL.  He's the best WR in the draft, but I'm not sure he's worth passing on a top tier CB or LT for if we can't trade down (and obviously if we can't pick Young).

13 minutes ago, HTTRDynasty said:

Have you guys even watched Delpit play this year?  He's dropped out of many people's top 10 for a reason.

I'm nervous about Jeudy's frame... I think he's going to get injured a lot in the NFL.  He's the best WR in the draft, but I'm not sure he's worth passing on a top tier CB or LT for if we can't trade down (and obviously if we can't pick Young).

Jeudy could certainly stand to add 5-10 pounds, but he does weigh over 190, it's not like he's a stick. 

For comparison, he and Cooper are the same height and Cooper weighs 10 pounds more but to counter that, Jeudy is a few tenths faster in the 40.

I've seen Delpit play a few times, he's a great center fielder with great range. I don't think he should have fallen out of the top 10. The only reason for it would be if they are judging it off recent tape, he's been playing hurt the last few weeks after hurting his ankle. His injury looked bad and many thought it was worse then what it ended up being.

Delpit has been battling an ankle injurywhich Orgeron said Monday has limited his mobility when on the field, part of the reason the junior struggled so much against Ole Miss last weekend. ...Nov 20, 2019

Edited by turtle28

Okudah is a player that not many of us have really been talking about, when we cut Norman we will need a number 1 CB and it’s possible a trade back could land us Okudah or Delpit if we decide to pass on WR and LT if we don’t have a shot at young. This draft will def be an interesting one. We also have to factor in a TE somewhere in the 2nd, 3rd, or 4th rounds

WR, CB, FS, LT, and TE are our biggest needs right now. I pass on them all for Chase Young but it will def be an interesting off season and Haskins needs weapons so who knows what will happen

3 minutes ago, turtle28 said:

Jeudy could certainly stand to add 5-10 pounds, but he does weigh over 190, it's not like he's a stick. 

For comparison, he and Cooper are the same height and Cooper weighs 10 pounds more but to counter that, Jeudy is a few tenths faster in the 40.

I've seen Delpit play a few times, he's a great center fielder with great range. I don't think he should have fallen out of the top 10. The only reason for it would be if they are judging it off recent tape, he's been playing hurt the last few weeks after hurting his ankle. His injury looked bad and many thought it was worse then what it ended up being.

A center field FS is what this team has needed since sean

• Like 1