Jeudy Jeudy Jeudy Jeudy rockin everywhere!

LoganF89

53 minutes ago, turtle28 said:

Doug Williams, Kyle Smith and Tim Grimble are still here. Likely will be retained even if Brice is fired.

Not sure if Kyle Smith was his area scout at the time, but remember now he has not been on the college scouting side for a while.  But you guys are right, it isn't like they would totally forget about him, I just don't know if there will be someone there in a position to actually pull for him.

1 hour ago, offbyone said:

Not sure if Kyle Smith was his area scout at the time, but remember now he has not been on the college scouting side for a while.  But you guys are right, it isn't like they would totally forget about him, I just don't know if there will be someone there in a position to actually pull for him.

He played well here, any of those who are still here would want him back, I would think.

Edited by turtle28

• 3 weeks later...
On 11/28/2019 at 9:30 PM, LoganF89 said:

That’s a reason why if the cards fell that we missed on young I wouldn’t mind a trade back to acquire more picks while taking Delpit.

dont get me wrong I really love Jeudy and want weapons for Haskins but like we have all said and know, this is a deep WR class, their will be good talent in the 2nd and 3rd rounds.

IMO the thing that will be interesting about this draft is if we address LT in free agency and young is gone where do we go from there, in my mind it’s jeudy or trade back

we will most likely trade Trent and get a 2nd so if we traded back and added another 2nd and maybe two first from Miami then we could completely upgrade this team with good talent

My point is that we shouldn't trade back too far bc we could miss on the players we covet the most in the top 5 if he trades back too far. Personally, I wouldn't trade back at all. I'd just take BPA. I’d trade Trent, Kerrigan & Norman for picks and use those picks to help reload Young talent as well as our top 5 pick.

Also, everyone always says ”just trade back.” Well, it's not that easy, it takes two to tango. We need a trading partner and the trade has to be worth moving down and missing in the best talent available. I get that people want a boatload of picks, but when picking in the top 10, quality of pick matters over quantity of picks almost every time and the history of this is shown over and over again with almost every trade down.

1 hour ago, turtle28 said:

My point is that we shouldn't trade back too far bc we could miss on the players we covet the most in the top 5 if he trades back too far. Personally, I wouldn't trade back at all. I'd just take BPA. I’d trade Trent, Kerrigan & Norman for picks and use those picks to help reload Young talent as well as our top 5 pick.

Also, everyone always says ”just trade back.” Well, it's not that easy, it takes two to tango. We need a trading partner and the trade has to be worth moving down and missing in the best talent available. I get that people want a boatload of picks, but when picking in the top 10, quality of pick matters over quantity of picks almost every time and the history of this is shown over and over again with almost every trade down.

My dream scenario is to finish at #1 and trade it to someone in the Top 5 who needs a QB. But unless someone is dangling a haul of players (like a 2021 1st rounder and 2021 3rd rounder thrown in), I'm with you. I don't want to trade out of the Top 5

15 minutes ago, Thaiphoon said:

My dream scenario is to finish at #1 and trade it to someone in the Top 5 who needs a QB. But unless someone is dangling a haul of players (like a 2021 1st rounder and 2021 3rd rounder thrown in), I'm with you. I don't want to trade out of the Top 5

Yeah, but in that case, I wouldn't trade down past #2 bc I want Chase Young if I have the #1 pick, even if I trade it for the #2 pick.