GDT Week 13 Eagles vs the Fins!

Mastercheddaar

7 hours ago, Kiltman said:

I'm ok with that...just don't know who we are gonna get that is any better.
Maybe I just remember vividly the post Jim Johnson life of aimless lousy defense. 

Is some else going to create a top 10 D with no real LBs, empty cabinet of corners and really secondary? A 30+ year old safety is our one piece and he wants a new deal.
Will they be able to pad our short squat DE's ability to get to a QB like Jim? or will that also become a massive hole?

The man gets like no assets, and the ones he does get always end up on the injury list or IR.

If they want to do a deep clean (Jim and Groh, Welch, Press Taylor and the defensive staff)...fine by me. 
But I don't think Jim staying is a inst-fail like the rest. What would the defense be with real Corners and a LB? What if we got a universally good pass rusher?

for two years the offensive staff has killed this team. That's priority one for me.
But if a nuke is on the menu, so be it...just hope they have a plan to fix it.

Ima make a thread

Just a few weeks ago there were rumblings that Jim doesnt want young players because he doesnt like how coachable they are maybe just maybe he isn't giving assets because he doesnt want to work with them. 

And if there is any truth to that then he needs to go. 

• Like 2

13 hours ago, HDsportsfan said:

Your thoughts are interesting on the trenches. Many in out forum, pretty much me included, subscribe to the invest heavily on OL and DL. It all starts up from on both sides of the ball. A good D-line takes pressure of the DB's with a good pash rush. And always rotating the DL to keep them all fresh. Our DC, Marinelli, absolutely refuses to invest in a true 1T nose tackle and we get run on constantly. Outside of our LB'ers for some reason suddenly over running plays and forgetting how to tackle. Not sure how in the hell we're 6 over in D. Makes no sense.

I understand that investing heavily on the OL and DL is a good strategy. The problem in our case is that we add to the DL even over drafting poor prospects like Sharif Miller and we completely neglect other positions like LB, S and until this draft RB. We don´t try to build a complete defense, we go to the DL and expect everything else to fall in place because of them. The problem is that if opposing offenses get rid of the ball quickly or the DL is not having a good game, we have no chance. 

10 hours ago, Kiltman said:

I'm ok with that...just don't know who we are gonna get that is any better.
Maybe I just remember vividly the post Jim Johnson life of aimless lousy defense. 

Is some else going to create a top 10 D with no real LBs, empty cabinet of corners and really secondary? A 30+ year old safety is our one piece and he wants a new deal.
Will they be able to pad our short squat DE's ability to get to a QB like Jim? or will that also become a massive hole?

The man gets like no assets, and the ones he does get always end up on the injury list or IR.

If they want to do a deep clean (Jim and Groh, Welch, Press Taylor and the defensive staff)...fine by me. 
But I don't think Jim staying is a inst-fail like the rest. What would the defense be with real Corners and a LB? What if we got a universally good pass rusher?

for two years the offensive staff has killed this team. That's priority one for me.
But if a nuke is on the menu, so be it...just hope they have a plan to fix it.

Ima make a thread

I think the offensive staff is a bigger problem that Schwartz too. The less responsibility Doug has, the better. He´s not a master schemer/good offensive mind. He should focused on leading and keeping the team motivated which is his greatest asset. 

Having said that, I do believe that Udlin´s coaching and Schwartz scheme is doing our DBs no favors. They aren´t pro bowlers by any means but they aren´t as bad as the coaching makes them look.