Delaine Walker to IR. Last game as a Titan?

KingTitan

19 minutes ago, TitanRedd said:

I think walker will play another season, he seems like the guy that won’t go out on IR. Maybe a restructure like a 1yr 4 mill with incentives. This offseason is going to be interesting no doubt; guys deserving to be extended Jayon, Adoree & Logan. Guys I think subject to release or pay cuts, succop, Walker, Butler, Wake, & maybe DaQuon though he’s been good but 7 mill is a bit much.

Walker may want to keep playing but I highly doubt this team wants to bring him back. We don’t need need him anymore. I’d say Jonnu is the better player even if Delanie is healthy. They’re definitely not getting rid of Jones. He’s been very valuable this season and has easily been the most consistent DL. He’ll never be a good pass-rusher but him at NT, he’s done a good job. Casey I do worry about... Injuries are starting to get to him unfortunately. I want to keep Logan but paying that much to the secondary will be insane. If I had the choice to resign Logan and cut Butler it would be an easy choice. CB would still be a need to replace Butler though. I really hope they prioritize OLB this offseason. Need to get that pass-rush to a dominant level.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, ttitansfan4life said:

Walker may want to keep playing but I highly doubt this team wants to bring him back. We don’t need need him anymore. I’d say Jonnu is the better player even if Delanie is healthy. They’re definitely not getting rid of Jones. He’s been very valuable this season and has easily been the most consistent DL. He’ll never be a good pass-rusher but him at NT, he’s done a good job. Casey I do worry about... Injuries are starting to get to him unfortunately. I want to keep Logan but paying that much to the secondary will be insane. If I had the choice to resign Logan and cut Butler it would be an easy choice. CB would still be a need to replace Butler though. I really hope they prioritize OLB this offseason. Need to get that pass-rush to a dominant level.

I still say we can use walker at the right price for ex Jason Witten is playing for like 2 mill for the cowboys. At this point all we need from walker is blocking & leadership, I agree Jonnu is better but he still is developing & knock on wood he has dealt with injuries. 

It could be the last game of his career entirely.  I think that horrible ankle injury did him in more than he realized. 

But if he does leave the Titans and continue to play, I'll bet dollars to donuts it'll be with the Patriots.  He'd fit right in to what they need and what they do.

On 11/28/2019 at 12:34 PM, Mesa_Titan said:

https://www.spotrac.com/nfl/tennessee-titans/cap/2020/#

idk if I’m reading right, but it looks like 61m? With the cuts around another 15 more? Rage can explain better for sure. 

Yeah, we have (an estimated) 61M in cap space next year... but we only have 36 players under contract next year. The 6 or 7 picks (we traded away a 4th for RT and got a 7th back for Taywan, but we gave a conditional 7th for Gilbert, not sure the condition) will put us at around 42 players, and bring us down to about ~54M, assuming all draftees make the roster. (the lower we pick, the lower our rookie cap pool is... The Titans were just under 6M last year) 

The number is estimated since the official 2020 cap number won't be official until after the season is over. It should be near that though.

But we can save additional with these possible cuts:

- Wake, just under 6M

- Walker, just under 7M

- Dion, just over 4M

- Succop, 2M

We can also save more cap space with these additional cuts, although I dont see them happening :

- Butler, 7.5M

- Casey, just over 10M

- Daquan, 7M

- Vaccaro, 1.75M

Edited by ragevsuall17

3 hours ago, dtait93 said:

If cutting Butler saves us 7.5m I wouldn’t mind doing it if it helped open up room to keep Logan. I thought Sims has filled in pretty well for him. Maybe invest a 2nd rounder in to the position to bolster it. Adoree-Logan-Sims-2nd rounder

We get another cheap year from Adoree before his option kicks in. Cutting Ryan is an option, but I'd definitely bring him back for at least a  year before I consider cutting him. 

We gave up 30 and 32 in the 2 games immediately after he went out, after giving up more than 20 just once before (23). Not directly attributing all that to him, but it goes and shows he's been a crucial piece to the defense. 

We're not in a pinch for money, especially after making those 4 cuts. Also, cap hits in year 1 of a contract typically are low. We could bring back RT, Henry, Ryan, Conklin, and still bring someone like Clowney in and still be in good shape. Looking forward to 2021,we have 121M committed to the cap, but that includes all 4 of those players in recommending we cut this offseason. Take those 4 players off the books in 2020,and suddenly you have 95 committed in 2021 (not including any contracts we give out this year). At that point, you can take another 10M that year from cutting Butler, another 12M from Casey (sad to think, but next year may be his last year as a Titan if he can't kick the injuries). 

Anyway, Butler is a key contributor to the defense. No need to cut him just yet...if we're planning on making a deep playoff/championship run in 2020. Wake, Walker, Dion, and (possibly) Succop just haven't done enough to warrant their cap numbers.