Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
turtle28

Steven Sims Special Teams Player of the Week

Recommended Posts

Hopkins was robbed . That field is notorious as a bad kicking surface. 16 MPH wind and gust . Why is he not getting props ?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
24 minutes ago, RSkinGM said:

Hopkins was robbed . That field is notorious as a bad kicking surface. 16 MPH wind and gust . Why is he not getting props ?

Hopkins shouldn’t get ST player of week bc he did what he was supposed to do, make makeable FGs and not miss them... 

Sims is the reason we even had a chance to win the game. His return for a TD was more impressive and important then Hopkins’ 4 FGs.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
24 minutes ago, turtle28 said:

Hopkins shouldn’t get ST player of week bc he did what he was supposed to do, make makeable FGs and not miss them... 

Sims is the reason we even had a chance to win the game. His return for a TD was more impressive and important then Hopkins’ 4 FGs.

Disagree- he got lucky, dropped the kick, they Lions overran it  and he took it to the house ,. Hopkins had five kicks really counting the XP.. it's no cinch either .

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Sims showed some explosiveness earlier this year and I'm glad to see him make a big play. Bench PRich for Sims as far as I'm concerned. That cut he made on the return was sick!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, RSkinGM said:

Disagree- he got lucky, dropped the kick, they Lions overran it  and he took it to the house ,. Hopkins had five kicks really counting the XP.. it's no cinch either .

Luck? Sims broke a tackle at the 15, he made others miss. That's not luck, that's just a great return man with great vision.

He also had another 29-yard return.

I don't understand why Sims isn't being used on punt returns instead of the shifty but not fast Quinn.

And, as Mknight said, Sims need more oppose on offense. We could at the least line him up outside with Harmon in the slot, and run screens to him with guys like Harmon or Terry out there in front to block for him. Every team now looks for the jet sweep when Sims comes in the game, but if we ran screens with him or a quick slant to him, that would help open things up for him.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, MKnight82 said:

Sims needs more opportunities on offense.

And a coach that can draw up a few plays outside of 3 yards and a cloud of dust.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
36 minutes ago, Jeezy Fanatic said:

And a coach that can draw up a few plays outside of 3 yards and a cloud of dust.

Like that?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  



×