Week 13: Cat fight at the Panthers

turtle28

5 minutes ago, ovfd55 said:

Honestly from watching Sweat this season he seem a lot more comfortable coming off the right side,not sure if it's the RTs being worse then LT or something mechanically for him.But See him a lot more when he on right side vs when Kerrigans in and he's on the left.Most of College highlight tape he was on right side too.

Yeah, I think it’s a combination of both there. 

20 hours ago, turtle28 said:

Sometimes guys play better when they’re not overthinking, that tends to happen a lot w/ street free agents bc they don’t even know the playbook. I’ve heard a big problem with Sweat this year was he was over thinking. Also, let’s not forget the competition. I believe the Panthers has to move their starting OG to LT or something like that bc of injuries. 

I love what Sweat, Orchard and Odom did yesterday but they weren’t facing Tyron Smith, Jason Peters or Nate Solder.

Here we go with the Who's he facing again BS. So is Chase Young one of these guy's who can't play well against the Smith's,Peters, and Solder? If so than I guess it would be a mistake drafting him here.

1 hour ago, Skins212689 said:

Here we go with the Who's he facing again BS. So is Chase Young one of these guy's who can't play well against the Smith's,Peters, and Solder? If so than I guess it would be a mistake drafting him here.

Dude, it's just a fact. If a player is facing an all-pro or pro bowl talent OL or only having to play an average at best player they will make a difference in production. 

If you don't think competition matters in sports as far as production is concerned, you've never played organized sports in your life. If the guy your playing against is a great player, it's going to be harder to beat them.

4 minutes ago, turtle28 said:

Dude, it's just a fact. If a player is facing an all-pro or pro bowl talent OL or only having to play an average at best player they will make a difference in production. 

If you don't think competition matters in sports as far as production is concerned, you've never played organized sports in your life. If the guy your playing against is a great player, it's going to be harder to beat them.

That would also say Chase isn't a GREAT player. I need Chase able to beat any player he's put up against. Mack went from the AFC to NFC and still is one of the best pass rushers in the league. That's what I looking for out of Chase Young when selected in the top 5. 

24 minutes ago, Skins212689 said:

That would also say Chase isn't a GREAT player. I need Chase able to beat any player he's put up against. Mack went from the AFC to NFC and still is one of the best pass rushers in the league. That's what I looking for out of Chase Young when selected in the top 5. 

And I think Chase will be that. At the same time you should expect any players production to be better vs certain OL vs others.

1 hour ago, turtle28 said:

And I think Chase will be that. At the same time you should expect any players production to be better vs certain OL vs others.

I also expect coaches to know the player's they draft/sign and put them in the best position to succeed. With that said IF Sweat isn't Elite like a Mack he needs to be moved opposite of Smith, Peterson, ect so he is in the best position to produce. Avoiding the excuses or the disappointment that may come when that player isn't producing. Young can't be a top 5 pick and have a season like Sweat and the excuse is he is playing against NFC East LT's oppose to NFC North.

Edited by Skins212689

36 minutes ago, Skins212689 said:

I also expect coaches to know the player's they draft/sign and put them in the best position to succeed. With that said IF Sweat isn't Elite like a Mack he needs to be moved opposite of Smith, Peterson, ect so he is in the best position to produce. Avoiding the excuses or the disappointment that may come when that player isn't producing. Young can't be a top 5 pick and have a season like Sweat and the excuse is he is playing against NFC East LT's oppose to NFC North.

Why are you even jumping to that? I don't understand why you're lumping in an obvious elite prospect - Chase Young - with good but not as great prospects like Preston Smith and Sweat.

1 hour ago, RSkinGM said:

Lose to the Redskins - get fired. Ron Rivera is out .. H C looking for a job next year .

With new ownership he probably had to win the Super Bowl to keep his job. It’s really a shame considering he was able to hold that team together as best as he could missing his QB. I think he’ll be hired almost immediately this off-season. 

2 hours ago, turtle28 said:

Why are you even jumping to that? I don't understand why you're lumping in an obvious elite prospect - Chase Young - with good but not as great prospects like Preston Smith and Sweat.

Because I don't want to see this excuse if they do get their hands on Chase Young. Also it would be beneficial to the success of Sweat if what you are saying is true. 

5 hours ago, Skins212689 said:

Because I don't want to see this excuse if they do get their hands on Chase Young. Also it would be beneficial to the success of Sweat if what you are saying is true. 

Not every reason is an “excuse,” sometimes is just an explanation for why things happen.

As for Sweat, he rushed mostly from LOLB/LDE vs the Panthers and had 1.5 sacks in a half before not playing the second half bc of a quad injury.

51 minutes ago, turtle28 said:

Not every reason is an “excuse,” sometimes is just an explanation for why things happen.

As for Sweat, he rushed mostly from LOLB/LDE vs the Panthers and had 1.5 sacks in a half before not playing the second half bc of a quad injury.

Common sense would tell me play Sweat on the left side than. Do you not want to get the best out of Sweat, or do you want to keep having these Smith vs Sweat type debates? 

Get the best out Sweat by playing him on the side where he will be most effective.