Week 13 GDT: Saints (9-2) @ Falcons (3-8): Revenge of the gobble gobble

Canadian Saint

Happy Thanksgiving Saints fans. This year we get to be thankful about a team that makes us proud, but also be thankful for family, friends and hopefully our general well being. On this blessed Thursday, we play the Atlanta Falcons. Fresh of wins against us and the Panthers, the Falcons have seemingly woken up from their early season slumber. For them, this is a chance to play spoiler. Playoffs are unlikely, but they could harm our chances at the #1 seed in the NFC. For us, with the 49ers playing MVP favorite in Lamar Jackson, we have a chance equal their record with a chance to overtake them for the #1 seed in the NFC when we host them the following week. While I trust Payton and Brees anywhere, everyone and their cat knows our best chance at glory is if the NFC runs through New Orleans.

Coaches corner:

- With OT Jared Veldheer claimed by the Packers, it seems we'll be going internal on this one. The biggest question mark is who replaces OT Terron Armstead in the vital 2-3 weeks he's out. My bet is OL Patrick Omemeh who filled in for him. OT Ethan Greenridge is a longshot, but the rookie started at LT at Villanova for 9 games, I don't think Payton will risk him with the stakes being high. Look for TE Hill to have a significant presence on the LT side to chip block and help out.

- Apart from Armstead, OG Peat and FB Line are both out. CB Lattimore, WR Harris and OL Clapp are all questionable.

- For the Falcons, TE Hooper is OUT, WR Julio Jones is a game time decision.

- With our OT and OG out, I suspect we'll see a heavy dose of Murray and Kamara. Both showed how efficient our offense can be when they continuously churn out yards. I think we'll do that to control the game and not give Ryan and their offense any chance to gain momentum.

- Biggest factor for us? Penalties. I am confident in saying our team is a superbowl contender, but you can't win if you continuously shoot yourself in the foot. We keep doing it and act shocked when we bleed. I know the ref conspiracy is there, but I'm not sure it holds too much water.

Prediction:

27-17 Saints

More importantly Who Dats, I want to wish all of you a happy thanksgiving from your Canadian friend. I hope you guys have a wonderful time tomorrow and have plenty to be thankful for.

• Like 3

I'd love to win this one and sew up the South. Revenge on ATL for the humiliation of a few weeks ago would be great as well. BUT but but... I kind of feel like little brother has our number this season. Their season is done so this is their (second) Super Bowl. We can afford 9-3 and I expect us to be there later this evening. Hopefully we look a little bit better than we have in the last few games and pick up no new injuries.

Good news is that our middling 2002 team swept Tampa and they went on to win it all that year. A loss here isn't the end of the world and might even bode well for us in the future. :) 

41 minutes ago, Raves said:

Well before the bye I remember seeing them say we were one of the least penalized teams... so what happened I'm not sure...

That's hard for me to believe, because penalties essentially cost us the Rams game, and almost cost us the Dallas game.  

Regardless, we're like top 3 most penalized team now or something.