Week 13 GDT: Saints (9-2) @ Falcons (3-8): Revenge of the gobble gobble

Canadian Saint

3 minutes ago, Mid Iowa said:

Okay, help me out here, seriously. (In the midst of an interseption, which is awesome)

I'm not trying to be an "arse" here. Is Eli Apple not good, our are the calling indefensible plays. It seems like they're making him their beyatch on a regular basis.

Thoughts?

75 Apple and 25 play calling imo

The coverage schemes look similar to the first couple of games. I swear when Brees was out we play tighter coverage and gave less of a cushion. (though I may be wrong)

The rest is all on Apple. He's inconsistent and he's limited to being a #2. Guys like Ridley and Jones just own him unfortunately. He doesn't have the ability to stay with them too long.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Jlowe22 said:

I think he's just inconsistent, and he certainly isn't a number 1 corner.  Lattimore going down hurts us big.  But I think he's just fine as a number 2.  

Although I will say he looks plain bad tonight, but I think he'll bounce back.

• Like 1

Honestly we'll win this, but I think you have Saint colored glasses on if you think we looked anything close to a contender tonight. Hell I'd argue post BYE we've looked poor. We've had 5 onside kicks recovered against us this season. 5. Remember we won our superbowl with an onside kick, in the playoffs that's not going to cut. Dennis Allen has had an awesome year, but this prevent defense nonsense needs to stop. We took the foot off the pedal and we let them score with some soft coverage. Finally we start playing D and we lock them up. Payton has some blame too. The cute Taysom Hill plays are costing us downs. Once in a while works, but once it works Payton wants it every other play and it's costing us plays and momentum. This was Apple's worst game of the season, he needs to move past and get back to his old coverage self. Ginn and Cook need to really look in the mirror and get their crap together. They dropped 12 points tonight.

Honest to god we won this game on the back of this D-line. 9 freaking sacks, suffocating run D and consistent pressure rushing 4. They bailed us out tonight and it showed.

The good thing is that we have an extended break before we play, but we're going to get blown the eff out against the 49ers next week if this crap continues. I hope Payton fires a rocket up these guys' butts. Make no mistake we won by the skin of our teeth. Play like this and we'll be one and done in the playoffs.

• Like 2