Week 13 GDT: Saints (9-2) @ Falcons (3-8): Revenge of the gobble gobble

Canadian Saint

8 minutes ago, Canadian Saint said:

Also I'm going to say something a tad bit controversial, but Kamara's heart doesn't seem to be in it. He looks like he's going through the motions. There is no hustle and he was mad timid in both onside kicks. I'm not sure what's going on, but he needs to get back to pre-injury form.

I was debating posting the same thing, and I've noticed it for longer than just this game.

• Like 3

8 minutes ago, Jlowe22 said:

I was debating posting the same thing, and I've noticed it for longer than just this game.

It's since he's come back from injury. I'm not sure if it's contract related or what not, but we need him firing on all cylinders if we want to win. Tripplet mentioned it on the Saints podcast last game that he was just standing on the sidelines away from his teammates doing his own thing.

Payton also hates that, see: Cooks, B. So it's something to keep an eye on going forward.

1 minute ago, Canadian Saint said:

It's since he's come back from injury. I'm not sure if it's contract related or what not, but we need him firing on all cylinders if we want to win. Tripplet mentioned it on the Saints podcast last game that he was just standing on the sidelines away from his teammates doing his own thing.

Payton also hates that, see: Cooks, B. So it's something to keep an eye on going forward.

I hope it's the injury I really do.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Canadian Saint said:

Also I'm going to say something a tad bit controversial, but Kamara's heart doesn't seem to be in it. He looks like he's going through the motions. There is no hustle and he was mad timid in both onside kicks. I'm not sure what's going on, but he needs to get back to pre-injury form.

Even my dad who doesn't watch a ton of football asked me what Kamara's problem was. Doesn't look interested in playing. Very nonchalant. Minimal effort. Very disappointed with Kamara this season. Even before injuries he looked like he was just going thru the motions.

And good God. Not having a reliable second pass catcher is going to be the death of this team. At this point they should just line Taysom up as a WR. Ginn needs to be cut at the end of the season. Trade Cook for whatever you can get. Even if it's only a bag a jerky and half a can of coke. 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, SWATcha said:

Even my dad who doesn't watch a ton of football asked me what Kamara's problem was. Doesn't look interested in playing. Very nonchalant. Minimal effort. Very disappointed with Kamara this season. Even before injuries he looked like he was just going thru the motions.

And good God. Not having a reliable second pass catcher is going to be the death of this team. At this point they should just line Taysom up as a WR. Ginn needs to be cut at the end of the season. Trade Cook for whatever you can get. Even if it's only a bag a jerky and half a can of coke. 

In Kamara’s defense...Black Friday does start tonight. 

• Like 2

21 hours ago, Spartica4Real said:

This team has not looked like a team that inspires SB winning confidence here lately, but plenty of champions have won ugly. And winning big in our wins didn't help us the last couple years. Maybe we just gotta do it differently lol.

I'll argue the front 7 of the defense is inspiring. After that.... the pieced together offensive line is doing better than I expected, and I hope that continues. The rest of the past needs to pull their head out of the blind sides.

22 hours ago, Canadian Saint said:

I posted something in the game thread (they have a tendency to get buried) that I wondered if he was still suffering injury, because he's just a shell of what he's been the past 2 seasons.

10 hours ago, Mid Iowa said:

I posted something in the game thread (they have a tendency to get buried) that I wondered if he was still suffering injury, because he's just a shell of what he's been the past 2 seasons.

I don't think it's due to injury. He's looked mopey and uninterested all season. Maybe it has something to do with Ingram leaving. 

Watching him not try for the onside kick (twice) though.....unacceptable. 

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, SWATcha said:

I don't think it's due to injury. He's looked mopey and uninterested all season. Maybe it has something to do with Ingram leaving. 

Watching him not try for the onside kick (twice) though.....unacceptable. 

Well he'd better get interested.