Streaming options for this week

holt_bruce81

I used Kizer in Week 1, but I'm hesitant to use him against Baltimore.  He's probably my answer in Week 3 though against Indy.

As for this week, I think Alex Smith is the play.  The Chiefs' offense looked great (the Pats' D kind of sucks though), and it's clear that Mahomes has helped Smith out.  Cutler against the Chargers might be a nice option as well.

I touched on some of this in the FootballsFuture Fantasy Blog that @keysersoze3421, @SoS, and I are writing.

But here's who I've got:

QB: Alex Smith (vs PHI), Sam Bradford (@ PIT)

RB: Marlon Mack (vs ARI) - As long as Luck is out, regardless of who the QB is, the offensive gamescript will be tamer (meaning checkdowns), they'll be limiting Frank Gore's touches so they don't run him into the ground early, and Mack already out-touched Robert Turbin and saw goal-line duty ahead of him in Week 1.

WR: Nelson Agholor (vs KC) - The soft spot in the Chiefs defense is Stephen Nelson, which was the route that Pats took to actually move the ball in the 1st half.  Alshon is likely to draw Marcus Peters, but Agholor should be able to do some damage too, particularly if the Eagles are forced into a gamescript that necessitates throwing a lot.

TE: Jared Cook (vs NYJ), Charles Clay (@ CAR)

DEF: Arizona (@ IND) - They got smoked by Stafford and the Lions, but whether it's Jacoby Brissett or *muffled laugh* Scott Tolzien, this Luck-less Colts offense is no Stafford and the Lions.

Cincinnati (vs HOU) - Yes, they got rocked by Baltimore but their offense was also putting them in some terrible positions with the turnovers.  Meanwhile Houston is without both starting tackles and all three of the TE's who were on the active roster are concussed... and this is a Thursday game.  You do the math.  The is a get-right game for the Bengals' D.

Oakland (vs NYJ) - It's the Jets offense... do I really need to state much more of a case?

17 hours ago, SimsZilla said:

should i try palmer again? i know he plays indy but looked SO bad

Palmer for me is dependent on whether Vontae Davis suits up this week (he was out Week 1 for the Colts and it was glaringly obvious).  But if he plays, he'll be on Fitz and that's going to affect Palmer something fierce, even if the shift up their gameplan to lean a bit more on the passing game while sorting out the RBBC.

Who's the preferred defense for this week out of these? 

Pitt (current defense) - Minnesota doen't have a great offensive line, so that could generate some fun, but they also showed they were capable of putting up points. 

Jax (v Tn) - They are a really good defense, but TN has done a good job last year and this with giving up points to opposing defenses ( I think they are only averaging 6 fantasy points per game against them). I feel like there is limited upside in this one. 

TN (v Jax) - then I have the flip side. The tennessee defense isn't phenomenal, but they aren't bad. Given the offensive line woes of Jax, and the fact that their quarterback is Blake Bortles, there's definitely a chance for some fun. The game is on the road, and I'm a little concerned that Jax will go ultra conservative and pound the ball with Bortles being the QB and ARob out. 

Hou (v Cincy) - Talented defense, but short week on the road is a bad combo. I don't think Disastrous Andy Dalton show up two games in a row, either. 

NYG (v Detroit) - The opposition isn't ideal as Detroit can rack up some points, but they will also throw up the duds, particularly on the road. 

Some others: TB (against Chi), LAC (vs Mia)

Archived