GDT Week 13: LAC vs DEN: DREW LOCK EDITION

iLikeDefense

1 minute ago, Cutler06 said:

So was that gutless ??  Maybe a bit LUCKY but certainly not gutless

No, and I’m glad it worked out. But in fairness, that kind of go for the throat mentality has not been the norm for Fangio this season. Which IMO is part of the reason we’re 4-8. Hopefully Fangio and company learn from that. Fortune favors the bold. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, BullsandBroncos said:

He didn't fall flat on his face. I've said it before. Jay Cutler/Jeff George 2.0 is his ceiling, I think.

Time will tell. Although I will say: Lock looked much more composed in his first game than Cutler did. Cutler was nervous, shaky and gun shy. Aside from a couple early overthrows, Lock looked surprisingly comfortable and in command. And he took zero sacks today. That really impressed me; he made his reads and if nothing was there, he either threw it away or made a play with his legs. Very unusual for a qb’s first start.  

2 minutes ago, 1234567 said:

Time will tell. Although I will say: Lock looked much more composed in his first game than Cutler did. Cutler was nervous, shaky and gun shy. Aside from a couple early overthrows, Lock looked surprisingly comfortable and in command. And he took zero sacks today. That really impressed me; he made his reads and if nothing was there, he either threw it away or made a play with his legs. Very unusual for a qb’s first start.  

One thing I'll say. Part of that is pretty amazing when your blockers are Bolles, Mcgovern, and 2 practice squad guys. Only one that plays on another team is Risner.

• Like 1